“Does anybody care?”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stopped in on a nice Saturday afternoon during March Madness weekend. The staff was slow to get tables cleared, but we sat at one and a manager type lady cleaned it and left a couple menus. 25 minutes later, a waitress came over and offered to take an order from the table next to us, but not ours till we asked to get service. I asked for a beer menu and she said I will get one for you, but I had to go to the hostess station 5 minutes later to get one myself. During our visit, there was a large group of basketball fans sitting at a table below us, and when they left, their table never was cleared. We watched two different groups wait to use this spot, one left finally and the second pushed everything to the side and sat down. (One lady in the group was already tired of the poor service and wanted to leave. Two others had to go to the bar to get a beverage. We should have done so ourselves, but I always try to let someone earn a tip.) There were three waitstaff and a busier working the bar area and outside, only the busier moved with any purpose, the others were just doing as little as they could. Food quality was way below average, beers were not cold. The place looks like it could be a lot of fun, if they could get some servers who cared, including the manager woman who was also doing very little to make the place feel fun. We will not be returning.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

On Sunday afternoon, it was fun to be able to watch the March Madness (and some bowling and lacrosse) while having a late lunch after visiting the science museum. I loved the chicken salad sandwich on hearty nutty wheat bread and onion rings (in more than sufficient quantity.) Mom said her Reuben was delish, don't know why she got potato chips. Son approved of his usual grilled cheese & fries (nice, big pile of them also.) One server was managing to handle the whole place, about 7 tables at one point. She was very impressive and I wish I could remember her name to give the proper credit to her! We would definitely visit here again whenever in downtown Raleigh. Prices seemed quite reasonable for such delicious sandwiches in a downtown location.

I'm going to say it was excellent for families with children below, because the atmosphere when we visited was perfectly rated G, and my son (age 9) enjoyed it. But know the decor has a lot of alcohol-related items. If that would offend, you would disagree with that part of my review.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Woody's @ City Market is a cozy, casual place to take in your favorite sporting event on one of its many TVs, enjoy a couple of beers and treat yourself to some pretty good food. You can dine inside or outdoors. The prices are reasonable and the staff is friendly. We'll be back....

Reviewed 30 May 2013

This is a tough review because the food is really good but a couple of times we have waited way too long for service. Once we even left after 30 min between our drink order and no one getting back to us.

On the other hand when the service is on it is great, and the food is above average. I can recommend any of the Burgers they are always top notch

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Me and my kiddos went on a Monday evening. Woody's happy hour features half-price appetizers and wings. (My kids usually go on Monday nights with their dad and they keep going back. Plus, my 10 year old daughter BEGS to go to this place! That says a lot in itself.) We enjoyed the outdoor seating-- the indoors is darker and has the real bar vibe for sure. Our server was beyond awesome--which was actually kind of unexpected. We tried the hot wings, plain wings, and fries. All the food came out quickly and HOT. It was very yummy, too!