“Perhaps the Best in Raleigh” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 18 Seaboard

18 Seaboard
Reserve with OpenTable
18 Seaboard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,439 Restaurants in Raleigh
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Peace
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Perhaps the Best in Raleigh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Jason Smith has mastered the art of the restaurant! I took my family to 18 Seaboard last night in celebration of my wife's birthday - 18 Seaboard is her favorite restaurant. We were greeted with smiles and taken to our table. The waiter immediately came to take drink orders and gave great advice on both drinks and dinner. Throughout the night, the waiter stayed attentive and the team approach was amazing - if there was an empty glass it was filled by the closest waiter and if a plate was empty again the closest waiter took care of it. At one point the floor manager came over and apologized for the interruption but simply wanted to thank us for coming in. They do everything right in the dining room and treat everyone like royalty or family - whichever one sounds best to you. And the food?? Incredible. A chefs treat of fried green tomatoes began the night - the perfect start. For the main courses we had dishes ranging from red drum and swordfish and catfish to pork. All amazing. And there was unanimous acclaim for the cheddar grits. Being a birthday night, they brought my wife a cheesecake with chocolate topping - a great ending. From the ambiance to the service to the food - this is perhaps the best restaurant in Raleigh. They do everything right. In fact, until something makes me change my mind: this is the best in Raleigh!!

• Visited October 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Nice environment, decent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

I've been there several times. I liked the environment there. Food selection is relatively limited, but the quality is good.

Visited January 2013
“Highly Recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

What a great experience! We have been a few times and been pleased, but tonight we had a special friend in town and the chef/owner treated us with complimentary dishes and excellent service in every way. The food was extremely good and the attention to detail and southern charm was first class. I highly recommend!

• Visited October 2013
Dexter, Michigan
“good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

First time at this location, was in town for business meeting. There were about 15 in our party and the staff took care of us extremely well. I had the filet which was good, not the best i've ever had, but still satisfying. Atmosphere was good, staff friendly, overall food was good. I would recommend.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good service and clean place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Went during "restaurant week" a few weeks ago and ordered the prix fixe. The appetizer was a joke tiny skewers like if pork loin was 11 dollars a pound, after trimming the fat what was left really had me waiting for the entree. Wines are really overpriced, but that is not their fault they priced it and we ordered, next time it will be water only. The entree did not impress me either. The first time we went to this restaurant was about a year ago and had a better overall impression. This time even the group of people on the next table had some big issue but we tried to ignore it by minding our own business. Three's a charm?

Visited August 2013