“Awesome Hotel - Too short of a stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport-Brier Creek
Ranked #6 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
“Awesome Hotel - Too short of a stay”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was a wonderful hotel. I am very sad that my trip was so short because I had one of the best rooms that I have ever had in a Hampton Inn. It was so large I couldn't believe my eyes when we went in the room. Seems like a very new hotel and is very close and easy access to the Airport. Near tons of restaurants and shopping. Didn't get to enjoy breakfast because of an early morning flight but it looked like they had a great area for the breakfast service. Staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. The next time I am in Raleigh I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Alaska
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We had a great stay here - the staff was friendly, location good, and the housekeeping was better than average. We requested a mini-fridge and one was brought to our room at no extra charge. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
mbleighton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport-Brier Creek, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
We appreciate your kind feedback about our staff and facilities. Although our standard guest rooms do not include a refrigerator, we have individual units available for guest requests. I will be sure to share your compliments with our housekeeping staff as well! Thank you!
Nashville, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

If you want an all around good experience at this hotel, don't stay. There is a front desk staff member at check out that is cordial to some guests but not all guests. My family was there for a wedding and several of us were treated with poor customer service by the front desk staff that was checking out guests. The location is great being close to the airport and several shopping areas. If it were not for this one staff member, our overall experience would have been excellent.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are thrilled you and your family enjoyed the wedding celebration and accommodations at our hotel! Thank you for allowing our staff member to call and apologize for her service misstep. We know your next visit with us will be excellent from beginning to end!
Nashville
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Hotel was very quiet even though the location was right under the path of incoming planes. Very good work of sound proofing I have stayed at other locations close to airports and this by far was one of the quietest rooms. Hotel is a bit dated but still very nice. Not a lot of parking next to the facility but the parking across the drive way is plentiful. The breakfast area is connected to the main lobby so everyone see's you come in and go out. i would say that was the only complaint I would have about the place. Food was hot and continually replenished so that no one had to wait. Staff was friendly and very helpful when asked to recommend local restaurants. They were very informative of the area and very pleasant to chat with. I would highly recommend this location for travelers flying in and out or Raleigh area.

Room Tip: My room was on the 4th floor and in the far back corner away from the main entrance. Very nice room...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
I'm thankful our hotel met your needs during your recent visit. It is nice to be close to the airport and have many shopping and dining options. Our fresh, hot breakfast includes 2 different types of eggs, a variety of breads and danishes, Krispy Kreme Donuts, in-house sliced fruit, whole fruit, oatmeal, Greek yogurt, three cereal options, made-to-order Belgian waffles and more! We hope your travels bring you back soon!
Greater Cincinnati
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is the one I recommend to people visiting the area and I had the pleasure of spending a night here recently. The hotel is very comfortable and clean. I generally like Hampton Inns and this one is no exception. I had a standard 2 queen bed room. There is a coffee maker and a hair dryer, but no mini-fridge or microwave. That's fine by me. Breakfast is complimentary with your stay. It's the same one you get at any Hampton Inn, including hot options (eggs, sausage, bacon), waffles, oatmeal, plus cereal, yogurts, baked goods, toast/bagels, coffee/tea, fruit, juices, and so on. The dining space is very nice at this Hampton Inn. The location is excellent. The Hampton Inn offers a free shuttle to/from not only the airport (just 5-10 mins away), but also to/from the local shopping area (also walk-able) which includes tons restaurants from fast food through nice steakhouse/sit-downs (and many types of cuisines represented - Indian, Brazilian, Japanese, Italian, American, Thai, and more), plus shopping of all kinds, including shoes, clothes (try Versona!), outdoor, office, books, home, bath, grocery, and the catch-all: Target. There's a large cinema, spa, salon, and more. Plus, the hotel is convenient to RTP (5-15 mins depending on which business in RTP), Raleigh downtown (15 mins) and Durham downtown (15-20 mins) - it couldn't be more central to the Triangle area. Cary, Morrisville, and Wake Forest are all within about 20 mins or less. Umstead park is just a few miles up the road (E70/Glenwood Ave) for a woodsy, nature experience. Even though the hotel is as close as could be to the airport and at the crossroads of 540 and 70/Glenwood Ave, the room was quiet. Highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel. I'm thrilled you had an enjoyable stay and chose to share the experience. We look forward to your next visit!
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

My daughter & I needed time away to shop and just be together. We chose this Hampton Inn because it was close to lots of shopping and good restaurants. The hotel staff were friendly & Helpful. The room was very nice and very clean. The only thing that bothered us was that both Saturday & Sunday morning the cleaning staff was vacuuming the hallway at 8:30 and they were trying to get in to clean the rooms. Other than that little issue it was a pleasant stay!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn & Suites for your Mother/Daughter weekend! I'm glad our staff was helpful during your stay. My apologies for the early cleaning. Please know we have addressed this with our team. We hope you'll be back soon for more shopping!
tulsa, ok
Reviewed 24 May 2014

From the moment the shuttle driver picked me up at the airport to the trip back to the airport in the morning, my stay was 100% satisfactory. Hotel was beautiful, well maintained, very clean. Staff was helpful and very courteous. Shopping within walking distance, however, shuttle available for this as well.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We appreciate you telling us about your stay! The Brier Creek area of Raleigh has a lot to offer and I'm glad you were able to utilize our complimentary shuttle service. We hope to see you soon!