Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport-Brier Creek
Red Roof
US$327
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbrier creekgreat hotelraleigh durham airportthe shuttle driverking suiteshopping and restaurantsthe hotel staffroom was cleanbusiness tripstaff was friendlycomplimentary breakfasteasy accesswould definitely stay here againwould highly recommend this hotelwafflesgreat customer servicethe breakfast area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Honestly I could not be happier with my stay at this Hampton Inn. We were in Raleigh for a wedding. The hotel is around 20 minutes to downtown Raleigh, so it may not be good if you are looking for something close to down town, but for us it was great.

The staff was friendly and inviting, and the room was clean and comfortable. We had not requested a pack and play for our daughter in advance, because we usually carry one, but we ended up asking for one when we arrived and they got it to us promptly.

The area around the hotel has plenty. There is a Walmart and Target within a couple miles and there are all kinds of stores and good chain restaurants in those two shopping centers (probably 20 or more restaurants within 4 miles). I try to eat at places that I can not get at home when I travel, but you do have lots to choose from in this area if you don't have time to go far from the hotel and need to eat quick.

The hotel's breakfast was fine, about what you expect from a Hampton Inn. Waffles, eggs, bacon or sausage. Nothing to write home about but good enough.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I find myself in the Raleigh area in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cwphotog
Reviewed 6 July 2014

excellent hotel, very clean, beds are great quiet area after busy day, friendly staff, location close to shopping, airport and downtown Raleigh toiletries are very good, bathroom clean breakfast bar very good

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed in and reviewed this hotel 3 years ago. I gave it a rating of very good. Property is still nice and clean and the location can't be beat. This time though, I had a customer service experience that was less than expected. By a lot.

Check in was fine. My first complaint is the room. I am staying on points because I'm here for a big east coast baseball tournament. I'm not at all unreasonable and do not expect when staying on points to get any kind of upgrade (I'm a diamond member) but I would expect to get the basic room given to other paying guests. What we got was a smallish room without even a fridge and microwave. I didn't even know until we got to the room that Hamptons had rooms without those 2 appliances. When I called the front desk later that evening to politely ask if we could get moved to a room with a fridge the NEXT day, I was curtly told to check in the morning. I think I got in the words OK and the line went dead.

Later in the evening, after 10pm, one of my kids (a rising college freshman) came up and said they had basically been kicked out of the lobby area (pretty sure by the same person I talked to on the phone) where they were watching the college world series because it was after 10 and they were unsupervised by an 18 year old. This was a group of about five 16-17 year old baseball players and I know from a friend that just happened to be down there at that time that they were not rowdy or disruptive. I guess this was under the rule "they are teenage boys so something bad is sure to happen" even though they are all extremely polite and respectful kids. My friend engaged the front desk person about what was going on and he felt he was treated very rudely, as if he was a teenager instead of a father.

I will say that late in the evening, after I had made a reservation for the remaining 3 nights of my stay at the Embassy Suites next door, a gentleman at the front desk was extremely polite and greeted me as I walked through. This is the kind of service I have come to expect from Hilton properties.

I stay at Hilton properties by choice and I won't say never about coming back to this Hampton over my experience with one person but...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 2BEis2SKI
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed here for my sisters wedding at the Brier Creek Country Club. We arrived a few hours before their stated check-in time. The lady at the front desk, after being unable to locate a regular room for us, upgraded us to a king suite. Top marks! Hot breakfast every morning was great (especially for being free). Couldn't have asked for a nicer stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Armyguy20
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Amazing hotel property and rooms are well-designed for frequent travelers. King suite is large and has a little fridge and microwave. Bed is very comfortable. Free internet, free breakfast.

Front desk staff is well trained and very friendly.

large well-lit parking lot. Property is easy to find and near shops and restaurants and airport.

Room Tip: No bad rooms here.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business