“Holiday stay at this location”

Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh
Ranked #39 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
“Holiday stay at this location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel during last year's Christmas holiday season. I didn't have any reservation however the staff there was very courteous and made sure that I get the best room available. Room and bathroom were both in very good shape (to my happy surprise as I didn't expect that!).

Looks like it's run by well educated people. Although I am used to staying at a a bit higher end hotels but this time around I was in a bind and needed a clean hotel to stay at and I was happy to find this place. Looks like it was recently renovated.

Room Tip: Stay at second floor, you will get a better view of the area around.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
ABVICrabtree, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Dear Guest JoeWayne

Really appreciate feedback. I am glad we were able to surprise you with value your receive for the price you paid.

Looking forward to your next stay to experience same or better. We will continue to improve ratio of value/price.

Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

I would like to thank the people there at America's Best Value Inn. I had a wonderful stay. I went up to get a job and a place to stay and got both and a great room for a week. I can't ask for much more. The ladies who cleaned up even made my room feel like I was with my girlfriend. Thanks.

Room Tip: Just pick one.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
ABVICrabtree, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Dear Guest Patrick K.,

Appreciate your week long stay. On behalf of all of us at Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree - "Congratulations" on finding job and place to stay. We are affordable place for family that are in between two residence - moving, closing on house, looking for new rental place etc.

I will convey the message to all the housekeepers that their quality of cleanliness was greatly appreciated by you. Thank you for your business and your time to write a comment on us. Looking forward to seeing you during your next visit.

Regards
ELIZABETH CITY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

When in Raleigh for several days, I usually stay at a Marriott. However, I only had a 2-hour meeting, and the location was just minutes away from ABVI. I couldn't see paying $129+ to stay overnight for a 2-hour meeting. The staff were all very pleasant. The room was comfortable (though I agree with one comment that the pillows are a bit small). The breakfast buffet looked good to me, though I did not eat any. Coffee, juice, danish, muffins, make-your-own waffles. Similar to a Hampton Inn, it looked like to me. As for traffic -- really? It's Raleigh and right off of Glenwood! Whether you stay at the Hampton Inn, Marriott, La Quinta, or other -- the traffic is the same. I don't think the good folks at ABVI can control that. I will definitely come back. It is an econo-motel, don't expect anything more from it. McDonald's and Crabtree Mall just a walk away.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms offer a nice view at night.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest - elcinoca from Elizabeth City
On behalf of management and our staff, I would like to thank you for your business. Along with that greatly appreciate the time you took to write your honest opinion/review.

Value - As you stated, we are a economy/value hotel. There are times that travelers does not need to pay for all the amenities that they are not going to use. That is where our value/service and quality comes in handy. Hotel is fortunate to have friendly staff. This makes our guest's stay much more enjoyable. Appreciate the comment about room comfort, pillows and great breakfast menu. As far as traffic and location goes, well said - "Out of control for hotel staff. "

I will close my response stating - thank your for your commitment to stay here during next trip.

Regards.

Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

Very clean and functional room. The beds were comfortable and the linens were very clean and fresh. Location is exceptionally convenient to shopping, dining, and PNC Arena. Staff was friendly and assisted with finding local attractions. Rates were reasonable and a good value.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
ABVICrabtree, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh, responded to this review, 9 March 2013
Dear Guest Tim M.,
Greatly appreciate your recent visit to Raleigh and our hotel. We are glad that our hospitality and our rooms made your stay comfortable and relaxing.

Our housekeeping staff is striving for clean rooms and our maintenance staff is striving for all functional items in room.

On behalf of our staff, I appreciate your willingness to share your experience with other travellers.

Thanks you.

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

This is still a budget hotel, with no frills and poor sound insulation between rooms and corridors.
The so-called buffet breakfast is very disappointing and which consists of coffee and cold danish, if the staff can remember to have it available in time. Note that they do not provide any water for drinking. This place has a feel of being not 100% organized. The furniture in the rooms and the public areas have been chosen for looks and not for practicality. The pillows are awful to sleep on. It is mostly clean and well located but I wouldn't spend more than one night here and preferably not if I have a choice. I'd rather spend an extra $20 and get something more comfortable and run professionally.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
ABVICrabtree, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Dear Guest Anthony C.,
Appreciate your time to give a feedback that will be helpful to improve our services to our guest.

1. Budget Hotel - Yes, Americas Best Value inn falls under economy class hotel.
2. Breakfast - I am sorry you were disappointed with breakfast. In addition to coffee and danish you mentioned, we do provide hot waffle, three types of cerials, grits, bread, biscuits and two type of juice. About the timing - Breakfast is provided between 6 am to 9 am on weekdays and 7 am to 10 am on Sat and Sun. I will make sure I personally audit the timing when breakfast is put up. Per your suggestion water is being provided now.
3. Organization and Furniture - We will continue to improve our organization and furniture as we come accross an opportunity to improve.

We are sorry that we could not meet your expectation.

GM
King of Prussia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

Pleasant and clean place. Very friendly staff. Conveniently located. Upgraded rooms are spacious and has very good view.
Great value for money. We recommend to our friends. and will definitely go back again .

Room Tip: Select upgraded rooms on 3rd floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
ABVICrabtree, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh, responded to this review, 9 February 2013
Dear Guest,
Greatly appreciate your stay at our place and experience the room, location and service. More important is you took time to share your views about us.

Looking forward to your next stay here.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

Good, clean place. Check in was quick and easy. Rooms are fair size and and have everything you need. I found the lighting a little on the dim side. I had every light in the room on and still thought it was a little on the dim side. The road to get here is a pain. I would stay here again next time I am in town.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
ABVICrabtree, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh, responded to this review, 31 January 2013
Dear Guest Adak C,
Greatly appreciate an opportunity to serve you as our guest. Most important is that you took time to right a review. Your positive experience will definitely will help other travelers as well.

Few points you made in review that are all excellent feedback.
Lighting - 100% agree. This is great observation and I have witnessed same thing after your feedback. By mid February all room will have upgraded lighting.
Location - Yes, it is difficult to get to for first timers. On positive side the locations is very close to freeways and walking distance to Crabtree mall and many restaurants. Also only 4-6 miles to all major destinations - PNC Arena, State Fair ground, downtown, hospitals etc.
Cleanliness/Room size: This is very positive feedback for our proud housekeeping staff.

Last statement - " I would stay again". Really appreciate being loyal customer. Many business travelers like you, chooses us due to location, service and affordable good quality rooms. Looking forward to your future stay here.