Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh
US$72
Red Roof
US$276
  • Pool
All reviewsno elevatorroom was cleanholiday staycheap roomcontinental breakfastnightly ratelarge tvwafflessafe locationthe staff was super friendlythe ritzdecent hotelother hotelsfront desk staffwalking distanceexercise roomi highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed with two friends. We ended up staying an extra night because we liked the place! The two front desk guys we met were very helpful and friendly. Room was clean and smelled clean. We didn't find any of the clientele sketchy, and the hotel is set in the middle of a whole bunch of others, most of which are more upscale. The area felt plenty safe to us. Breakfast was nothing to write home about, although the waffle machine was fun!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
ABVICrabtree, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We really appreciate your input about your stay. It is the price point and value we try to offer to everyone who visit us.

Our main success lies in our staff and we take great pride in customer service. I hope that you will continue to visit us in the future.

Thank you.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I and my daughter stayed at the Americas Best Value Inn for week during Christmas 2013, we loved the rooms, customer service and hotel location area. Staff is very helpful in guiding for the area, attractions for the people who are new to the area. We enjoyed the stay at the hotel for its room cleanliness, huge lobby and breakfast area. It’s a perfect location near to many attractions.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

First, I want to thank you for choosing our hotel. We are grateful that you and your daughter enjoyed staying with us. Our staff tries to make sure everyone has a pleasant stay and are able to find value with our hotel.

I hope that you will make this hotel of your choice when in the Raleigh, NC area.

Thank you so much.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Went for a soccer tournament with my daughter who is 18 and her friend who is 17, nice hotel, great staff, but we all 3 had a constant continuous headache from the horrible strong odor of marijuana coming from our room.....we actually thought the maid had smoked while cleaning it was soooo strong and became constant, we had to run the bathroom fan and room fan constantly.

I mentioned it to the front desk in hope that they would avoid a bad review ( especially with drugs ) but still not only charged me but I was overcharged, I booked on Priceline for a price including taxes and fees, and paid $23 more than that!!!!

Parking is not the best, very few spots for the amount of rooms. Otherwise was a good clean place for the price, but small children I would keep away. Guests aren't the type you want your kids interacting with.

Room Tip: Don't stay next to or close to drug users with children
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
ABVICrabtree, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Crabtree Raleigh, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our hotel. It really gives us an insight into what are guest appreciate about us and what we need to change about our hotel. I am really happy you found the value that you were looking for. However, we are doing everything we can to keep certain clientele out of the hotel.

Furthermore, with booking.com, I looked deeper into your billing and concluded that booking.com failed to notify you of room tax associated with your reservation. The additional charge of $22.57 was tax on your total stay.

Also, with the parking issue, we do have a back lot that is open to our guest and I do agree we do not have enough parking spaces in the front to accommodate everyone during busy time at the hotel.

We appreciate you giving us a second chance to redeem ourselves with expected service.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

After reading raving reviews for this hotel I tried my luck here and was gravely disappointed. The man at the reception was disorganized and indifferent when I was there. It took awhile for him finding a pen to sign and he wasn't helpful when I asked for a map. Maybe he was under stress or had an off day but I did not feel welcome by him.

The room itself on the upper level had alot of space. But it was an old room. It's clearly lower class despite having upgraded the counter in the bathroom. I didn't like the brown-beige and green wall color in the room very much.The walls are in dire of a new paintjob. I saw chinks, stains, scratches and even a chunkhole in the wall which decreases the rooms overall atmosphere. To prove my claims I hope you can see the photos clearly that I have uploaded here. Ceiling was peeling off in some spots making the place feel more run down as it is. TV is probably from the 90's. It's just very outdated and of terrible quality.

Breakfast was meager and uninviting. But I knew beforehand you can't expect much of a meal within this price category. You luckily have the Crabtree Mall within a minute drive. Sorry but I can not recommend staying here unless you really get a good deal and are not planning on staying more than a night. Do not be fooled by the "excellent" reviews.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

I am glad you decided to give us a try and post your thoughts about the hotel. Our staff tries to offer exceptional service all the time and we hold high standard for all our staff members. We do apologize that you felt the way you did about the front desk representative who welcomed you.

We constantly strive to offer value by providing clean rooms and comfortable beds, as our property is aging, we are doing our best to correct issues as it arises. We appreciate you pointing out the cosmetic issues.

Again, as with any economy tier hotel, our breakfast is basic standard continental breakfast, but we offer hot waffle, oatmeal, three types of cereal, bread, pastries, coffee and tea as part of our breakfast. Keep in mind, most economy hotels do not offer breakfast at all in the same price range.

Our hotel offers the best value in the area for the quality we provide.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We were there 11/12/13 to 11/15/13. We were very disappointed. The room was ok but nothing extra. The hotel is obviously lower grade. The breakfast area was very bad and the eating area cold and uninviting. Many construction workers occupying the hotel and many unsavory characters around. Cigarette smell very prevalent. We left after three days and went to a much better hotel nearby. There are five other hotel in the area and this one is the worst!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

You are correct, we are entry based economy hotel, we do not try to sell our hotel as upscale 3 star or 4 star hotel. Our value resides in the amenity we offer and the price point we offer at. We have wide verity of guests that stays here and due to construction sites near by, our main clientele on weekdays are construction workers and business travelers who are looking for clean rooms at an affordable price. One of the thing about our hotel is that we offer non-smoking and smoking rooms.

We apologize you did not find us best suited as per your requirements, but we consistently strive to add value with great quality.