“Not quite good enough”

Ranked #28 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Woodland, California
“Not quite good enough”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

They tried hard, but things just didn't seem to go quite right.

First of all, the room keys were not programmed right. So the manager came up to check and let me in but had to go and get new keys. Would have been easier to just bring new keys.

Hard bed and soft pillows. Seems to be the Courtyard norm, but not my style. Add to that the alarm going on all night across the road, and suffice to say I've had better sleeps.

In the morning, the iron was the problem. Running at one temperature (too hot) and no answer from the front desk, so I lived with it.

Everything else was okay, and price was fine, but I might have a look at other options next time I visit Raleigh.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
LKlimczy, General Manager at Courtyard Raleigh Midtown, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Thank you for your honest remarks. While our goal is to provide an outstanding stay to every guest, we obviously missed the mark with you - and for that I am very sorry. Your comments are appreciated as we are always open to constructive feedback and I have already shared your comments with the hotel associates. As for the bedding and pillows, I'm happy to tell you we are waiting for delivery of 12" pillowtop mattresses for every guest room beginning in the next 2 weeks. We have started the replacement of pillows however if ever you are not pleased with the firmness or softness of the pillows (in any Marriott hotel), please let us know so we can ensure your comfort. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to call me directly at the hotel.

Regards,

Leshel Klimczyk
General Managetr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Norwalk CT
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We have stayed here a couple of times and is always nice, this last time we noticed the rooms got are better, nice and comfortable our room was clean, the staff was vat the front desk was very friendly, unfortunately the girl that was a the restaurant for breakfast on Sunday was not so nice, my daughter said she was like a drill Sargent! But breakfast was great. And everything was reasonable price.
We will be back next year!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Watertown, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Arrived a little late at night and was greeted by very friendly staff here at the courtyard. When I said my bag was lost by the airline they were sympathetic and asked if I needed any toiletries.

The hotel itself is nice - newly renovated in the new courtyard style. The hotel is a little hard to navigate with a hidden elevator - but the stairs are easy to use/find and it's only two stories. Parking is a little far from where you check-in, but not a problem.

Location is right off one of the bigger highways in town making it easy to find. There are a few restaurants in the area, but it took me awhile to find a cvs.

Would stay here again if in the area and was looking for a good place to stay that's not too expensive.

Room Tip: Face the courtyard for a little bit of a view of the pool area.
Jefferson, NC
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, even during the renovations; I plan to stay there as often as possible when in Raleigh for business. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is the friendliest I have ever encountered in a hotel. And the manager did everything possible to accommodate our group. I recommend you stay here.

North Brunswick, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Very clean and comfortable. Staff are extremely pleasant. Will definitely stay again when in town. Seems like they are renovating parts of the hotel. I was notified of this prior to my arrival which was considerate. The renovations did not disrupt my stay at all.

• Stayed February 2013
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I checked in here last minute the last weekend in January as icy weather prevented my daughter and I from driving to Fayetteville. We got a terrific last minute rate (<$100 inclusive of tax). I found the staff to be very friendly, even offering to watch my infant daughter while I got our luggage (which I politely declined) and set up a Pack N Play for my daughter too. The room was updated, bright, clean, and overall, it was a terrific refuge from the icy weather. Very much enjoyed my stay and would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Beautiful, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Hotel is conveniently located to The Ritz (formerly Disco Rodeo). Front desk was frienldy upon arrival. The hotel itself seemed newly renovated? Or at least had "up to date" decor in the lobby area & room. Our room was big and clean, we had a king bed, pull out couch and a balcony with a view of the pool. I have 2 complaints...house keeping knocked on our door at around 930am...And, there are very few signs in the winding hallways to tell you where to go for elevators or which way to go for your room number. Add more signs!! We would stay here again though!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple