“PERFECT Hotel to host a group/Customer Service - OUTSTANDING!!”

Courtyard Raleigh Midtown
Ranked #28 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Our son got married in Raleigh on Easter weekend. 3 months prior to the wedding, we personally visited 14 similar area hotels as we knew we would have many out of town guests. The staff - specifically, Rhoda Sowers - could not have been more helpful showing us around and giving us ideas for our weekend. They were very accommodating helping us set up a block of rooms for our party in advance. The week of the wedding, both Rhoda and Colleen Peck went WAY above & beyond when it came to ensuring our rooms were what we needed. My husband commented that it was as if every employee we encountered for 4 days personally "owned" the hotel and genuinely cared about the experience our group was having.
Being an older hotel, the outside is fine, but not overly impressive. Don't just drive by! Inside - WOW! The hotel has been totally renovated within the last year and inside was incredibly impressive, modern & clean. They have a true courtyard, complete with pool, tons of outdoor furniture, high & low tables & colorful umbrellas (which they made sure were out & ready to go for our group :). The cafe area is fabulous for a group wanting to hang out - the perfect festive area! The cafe was open until 10 (or 11) each night which was very convenient. We were able to stay as long as we wanted. Additionally, they were fine with us bringing in our own dessert & snacks. It was a win win, for us & them!
They were also MORE than helpful with their Cardinal Room (a private room that can seat 40), working with us to have a place for our group to take their breakfast from the cafe in the event the cafe area was crowded. We were allowed to bring our own food to the Cardinal Room which was a big saver for families. (There is a simple "food agreement" you set up with them in advance.)
WE CANNOT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT THIS HOTEL IN TERMS OF FACILITY AND STAFF!! THANK YOU ALL for making our wedding weekend a fantastic memory ;)

Room Tip: If you host a group, having an inside, ground level room allows you to 'see' who is in the c...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Leshel K, General Manager at Courtyard Raleigh Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Diana B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel when you were here for your son's wedding. Your specifics are so appreciated as our staff is very focused on top notch service and it is evident that they came through. Rhoda and Collen are the "cream of the crop" and I am blessed to have them on my team. I have shared your praises with them as well as the rest of the staff. Rhoda was very thorough with the staff prior to your arrival to ensure that everything met your satisfaction. It is a true partnership with our guests and I'm so happy to hear how smoothly everything went. I hope you were able to take some time after the wedding to relax. We appreciate the opportunity to be part of such a special occasion.

We hope to see you again!

Leshel

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stay at this hotel on a regular basis as I travel to Raleigh for business and to see my son play tennis for NC State.

On my last trip I arrived on a Wednesday night for a meeting early Thursday only to find a pretty large hole in the seat of the only suit pants I had with me. I was not sure what the heck the solution was and decided to try the front desk for any ideas. Rhoda, the Operations Mgr, took my pants, went and found an appropriate patch and fixed my pants so no one could tell for my meeting the next morning. All this happened within 90 minutes with a smile and one of the most awesome customer service attitudes I have seen in some time. Thanks Rhoda :)

Overall a very nice hotel with a good location and just awesome people.

Room Tip: First floor facing the courtyard is very nice
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Leshel K, General Manager at Courtyard Raleigh Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Pete,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your extraordinary experience at our hotel. While it doesn't surprise me to see Rhoda going the extra mile to help someone, I am glad that others get to have the opportunity to hear this. She has been with Marriott over 21 years and is a gem. Rhoda will be recognized with Marriott's Spirit to Serve award for her actions. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Ralegih!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My stay at the Courtyard was very good- similar to most Marriott Courtyards. The stand out at this particular Courtyard was the staff. The staff was very friendly and seemed genuine in being accommodating. From check in to check out, they were very accommodating. Both nights I went to the bistro to get some decaf coffee and both times they brewed a new container of decaf so that I would have a fresh cup. Most hotels would use what they have. When you are on the road, it's little things like that you really appreciate. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback on your stay. I've always believed that my associates are our greatest asset and I'm thrilled that you were able to experience this! I have shared your comments with them and we look forward to your next visit to Raleigh.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed here over Easter weekend for a wedding in Raleigh. Large group of families attending the wedding all stayed here. The staff was extremely accommodating. The entire hotel was updated, the rooms were clean, the many common areas were great for our large group to hang out, and the café was perfect for our breakfast and post-party food and drink needs. Very affordable hotel and a great stay. The bride/groom could not have picked a better hotel for us.

Room Tip: Lobby level rooms with view of courtyard have nice access to the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
LKlimczy, General Manager at Courtyard Raleigh Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear JDS409,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences at our hotel while attending your family wedding. As much as you enjoyed your stay, I think we enjoyed you and your family as much. Everyone was so happy and friendly and we are honored to have been part of such a special occasion.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We just needed a bed to sleep in as we were not spending much time in Raleigh. The room was clean, the beds were very comfortable and the grounds were lovely (even though it was too cold to enjoy them). The pool area looks like it will be fun in the summer if we return. There was some slight hall noise from slamming doors in the wee morning hours.
It would have been nice to have an extra mirror somewhere else in the room, but having the sink separate from the shower/toilet was nice with two other guests.
The restaurant was very good for breakfast (not complimentary, but ordered a hot breakfast for fairly reasonable price, and was not disappointed). There was also a convenient refrigerated section where one could buy beverages, yogurts and wine/beer to take to the room.
The staff was very courteous.
Nice hotel and nice price!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
LKlimczy, Sales Coordinator at Courtyard Raleigh Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Tallchick1966,

Thank you for staying with us while on your quick trip to Raleigh!
We really appreciate your comments and feedback. I am sorry to hear of the hall noise you experienced. Please know that we have staff available 24 hours/day to assist in these types of situations.

We hope to see you in the summer so that you can use our wonderful outdoor space, including our pool!

Best regards,

Colleen Peck
Property Sales Coordinator

Reviewed 12 February 2014

There is a whole bunch of unprepared people stranded here because of an snow and ice storm and the staff are extremely pleasant and accomodating. I feel that the bistro staff are going above and beyond... They should be deeply appreciated for their hard work.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
LKlimczy, Property Sales Coordinator at Courtyard Raleigh Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Steve M,

On behalf of the Courtyard Raleigh Midtown team, we would like to thank you for your kind review. Our staff is always ready and willing to serve our guests. While it was a crazy couple of days with the snow storm, we are thankful for our associates who worked extra to take care of everything. We will be sharing your praises of our Bistro Team with them. I hope that you made it home safely after the snow and ice storm, and come see us when it’s warmer!

Best regards,

Colleen Peck
Property Sales Coordinator

Reviewed 11 February 2014

This hotel was a perfect mix of clean, updated, comfortable....We were coming into town for business and decided to stay another day because the hotel was so comfortable and spacious. We had a great time. and the staff was wonderful!

Room Tip: The King suite is magnificent and roomy. Two room layout.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
LKlimczy, General Manager at Courtyard Raleigh Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Carolinasus,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your great experience at our hotel. Our housekeeping associates wlll be thrilled to hear your comments on the cleanliness of your room. I hope you found some fun things to do on your bonus day in Raleigh. We look forward to having you back with us soon!