Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Crabtree
Ranked #28 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed 9 December 2013

The ambiance of the hotel is evident from the time one enters the lobby. The many plants are green and growing, not artificial. The elevator is small but it gets the job done. They do a fine job with breakfast. The buffet area was well maintained and promptly replenished when something an out. The cooked to order side was handled very efficiently by the chef. Check in and check out went smoothly and only ne ting marred our stay. I looked in my suitcase when I returned home and my Galaxy tablet was missing and I remembered putting it on charge Thanksgiving morning at the hotel. As it turns out, I overlooked it when packing to check out or t had been taken at some point before then. When I called to complain, I felt as though I was being brushed off. I've, since, spoken with the manager and am awaiting his call.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
chriscramarossa, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Crabtree, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Thank you for your review.

We are happy to hear that when you got back home you had found where you had put the missing Galaxy tablet.

We hope to see you again soon!

Happy Holidays!

Chris Cramarossa

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Crabtree

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stayed here for a family wedding that was nearby and we had an excellent experience. The breakfast is outstanding and we were able to congregate in the bar after the wedding with many of our family members. Nice rooms and good location! My husband forgot to bring his shirt and tie and we were able to buy them across the street at a very nice men's store.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 December 2013

While staying at this location I had money stolen from my room while out. I'm very disappointed by the cleaning service because of this, but also because they walked in my room very early in the morning while we were still sleeping. This hotel is beautiful, but the individuals who upkeep it aren't trustworthy at all.

• Stayed: December 2013
5  Thank julia5656
chriscramarossa, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Crabtree, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. This is the first time that this incident was brought to our attention. The majority of our housekeeping staff have been with us 10 years or more and have proven to be very trustworthy. Please accept our sincere apology for your experience. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve the safety of our hotel.

If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me.

Chris Cramarossa

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Overall this is a nice hotel for personal travel. Guest rooms are nice. Breakfast was good with cooked to order omelets. Evening reception was disappointing. Exercise room is very small. Nice shopping center across the highway from the hotel. Many dining and shopping options. Food in hotel restaurant was good. Only big complaint is the hotel does not staff the restaurant to accommodate the number of guests in-house. Was there with a conference and the hotel was sold out. Restaurant only had one server for the entire restaurant. Caused excessive waits for food, drink refills, service and to pay check.

Room Tip: Request a corner room on an upper floor. They are larger and quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Great Location and hotel stay. The suite was great. While some hotels claim to have suites and they really end up being a larger regular room, this was perfect. Enjoyed the friendliness of the hotel staff and the amenities. Great location, surrounded by restaurants and shopping. I will definetly be staying at this location again during my next trip to Raleigh.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

It's been 12 or so years since I've stayed at an Embassy Suites but I remembered the great happy hour food and drinks and large rooms - thought I'd relive those old days again last week in Atlanta and again this week in Raleigh, NC. I was disappointed in how the happy hour food had digressed to chex mix and hummus with cheap crackers. And the beer was served in 8 ounce glasses - Bud light and the wine was undrinkable Copper Valley. Happy hour was now Sad Hour. The rooms are still large and clean for the money - but it's clear to see that Marriott has trumped Hilton by offering great happy hour food and drinks at their Spring Hill Suites Hotels - leaving Embassy Suites as the bottom feeder for blue color travelers. Breakfast was good - the cook was fast and efficient with the made to order omelet.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Took a couples weekend to celebrate our anniversary and ended up in an expensive hotel overrun with middle school aged soccer players who absolutely overran the hotel! They treated the place like a Chuckee Cheese, running and yelling, and neither the hotel staff nor coaches or parents did anything to curtail this obnoxious behavior. Staff were surly & defensive at worst and faking customer service at best.

The rooms have been nicely redone, but amenities are sorely lacking. The gym, a must for me for every trip, was minimal, equipment was tired and worn, and the setup was dangerous for singles traveling alone-door not kept locked, and blind corners at the front and back entrances. No sanitizer, either, to clean equipment after some kid came in and sneezed all over it.

Breakfast was just average, not the usual good Embassy Suites omelets, and lots of undercooked food and cheap ingredients. :-( The best thing about breakfast: the excellent coffee.

I am not impressed and would rather go stay at the ComfortSuites at Page Rd for less than half the price.

Room Tip: Pay $5 extra for a corner room- it's not much, but IS a little better than being right on the no...
1  Thank Docljo