“WORST EVER”

Ranked #74 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Frederick, Maryland
“WORST EVER”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

if i could give it ZERO stars I would .
the hotel was dirty and in deblorable condition . I attached pics. the carpet was filthy with stains, the ceiling was falling down and the bathroom door was kciked in. not to mention the front desk attendant asked could he call me sometime after i gave him my number for the check in . i said no my husband would not like that and he proceeded to ask me where was my husband. that made me feel extremely uncomfortable. there were teenagers hanging in the lobby and the desk attendant would not serve me until he put his " security gate down " which was merely a flimsy piece of metal . worst hotel stay ever!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cat B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

our stay here was an awful experience, we walked in and the customer service was terrible the reservation was done on line through a website paid in full which when i checked in i made sure to tell the front desk clerk it was paid! and she still charged the room so that was a mistake, then there was no telling us that the elevators were not working and had to go to the 3rd floor carrying luggage also the ice machines were not working the AC in the hallways were not working hot as hell! the room that we got the room directly in front of it was covered with ply wood probably from a sting operation there were people hanging out drinking fighting and there were shots being shot in all it was not a good stay

Room Tip: not good at all
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maria H
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I want so bad to rate this motel a -10 maybe double negative 10. For starters the cable didn't work in the room, when asked for another they stated that the cable is out in all rooms, something is wrong with the satellite. What??? The bed wasn't a bed. It was a torn mess that was crooked and lopsided, the walls had patches all over, the carpet were worn and ripped. There was no good night's sleep because of the noises outside. I feared for my safety. This is the worst place I ever stayed in, in my life!!!! When I asked for some type of discount due to no tv I wad denied.... Do not ever stay here..I won't ever again!!!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Nizhoni R
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have stayed at many Motel 6 and usually they are okay, definitely not luxurious, but that is okay. This place is beyond horrible. To say it is a dump is an understatement. The whole entire place reeks of cigarette smoke, even from the parking lot. Did not matter that I had a non-smoking room, it was disgusting with the smell of smoke. The carpet was so filthy it felt sticky. It was ratty and torn in several places. The a/c unit worked despite the fact that it appeared to be extremely old and was partially coming apart. Sheets had stains in various places and bedspread full of cigarette burns. The electric outlet in the bathroom area did not work and the only other outlet I could get to was so loose I had to hold the plug of my hair dryer in it in order to get it to work. TV worked fine and the bathroom was actually quite clean, but that is about the only good thing I can say. This place seemed more like low income housing than a motel as it seemed that several of the occupants were actually living there. At night people would hang out on the balcony or on the stairs drinking and smoking. Did not feel like a safe place to stay. Would not recommend this place to anyone for any reason. Too many problems that appear to have been going on for quite a long time. It would take a serious renovation to improve this place and I just don't see that happening any time in the foreseeable future.

Room Tip: No room in this place is a good room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank csvix1
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The Whole Hotel was disgusting! The key locks to enter the hotel were ripped from the wall. The lady that checked me in told me just to yank on the door handle hard, and it would open up. Our room was 319. The bedding was clean and the bathroom. The carpet was sticky; holes in the wall; mold growing on the back of the wallpaper; and smelled of cigarette smoke. It was supposed to be a non-smoking room. The people living on the lower floor had activities going on all night. Cars zooming through the parking lot leaving from the rooms downstairs. A man had his truck up on blocks in the back of the parking lot working on it. We were women traveling alone. We did not feel safe. There were men sitting on the steps outside all hours of the night; people screaming at each other. Room 308 was boarded up - very disturbing. When we checked out, the man asked us if we had any issues with bed bugs. We travel a lot for dog events, and I will give this hotel a terrible rating online. Thank you for a miserable weekend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My boyfriend and I stopped at this hotel as a last minute decision; we we're driving from Ontario Canada to Deltona Florida and had planned on driving straight through. Due to fatigue we decided to get a room and spend the night. Let's be honest folks..you get what you pay for! This hotel was the first one (closest) listed on our GPS and for 45 bucks a night it was just fine to shower and sleep. We checked in at 7pm and were up the next morning at 5am and back on the road by 6am. Our room was clean bathroom/shower was okay...we were so tired we didn't really care too much that the bed was not very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I have stayed at many hotels over the years but this one was the worst by far! There were so many bad things about this hotel I do not know where to start. The carpet was dirty, frayed and had big holes in it. The celling was falling down in two different spots. The chair was also dirty and had a big hole on the cushion. The lamp shade was broken. The bathroom door had a hole in it. The curtains were no longer white, they were now yellow from all the dirt. The blanket had cigarette burns in it. The walls and door were so dirty and scuffed up, I don't think they have ever been painted in the past 10 years. There was no phone in the room and they had sprayed so much air freshener trying to refresh the room, it was actually making my throat hurt. I believe this hotel is really just used as a party place for young people. I would not recommend anybody to bring children or your family to this place. It is a very unsafe environment. I was on the first floor and could hear people in the parking lot yelling and partying and I was not there for more than one hour. I checked in and almost immediately called Motel 6 customer service to complain. I checked out within the hour and had my money refunded. Please do not go to this hotel!!!!!

Room Tip: sleep in your car
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo