“very clean room, good breakfast”

Ranked #50 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Wilmington, North Carolina
“very clean room, good breakfast”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The check in staff were very nice and enthusiastic as she told us about internet connection and breakfast in the morning. It is down a street, off of a main road so it is easy to miss. The room was clean. The breakfast was good, offering the same type of items as do other Hamptons. This is our second stay at this Hampton. It is where we stay when going to the state fair. It is very centrally located for the city. When we met any staff in the hall, they were always friendly, speaking and smiling to thd guests.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hampton M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you so much for your review.

We do refer to this hotel as “Raleigh’s hidden treasure”

We are located right in the heart of Raleigh with convenient access to several things to see and do in the area.

I am so glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, that is a Hampton standard and it is a great value.

We hope to see you, next year, during the NC State Fair.

Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Maryland, United States
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Much to be desired here! Staff okay, location good, food terrible, vending machines empty, HVAC awful, rooms did not smell very nice. I checked out early to find another Hampton. Location os very good.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel.

We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the condition of your guest room.

We will take your comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience.

Again, we apologize for all of the inconveniences and we hope you will come visit us in the future.

Orlando, United States
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Hampton Inn does it right. Good value for money. Only negative for this location is that it is not visible from the street, so very easy to miss turn. Make sure you have directions. Very quiet area and easy access to interstate. Good selection of restaurants close by.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 12 October 2013

The check in staff were very friendly and accommodating. You could tell the lobby area had been recently renovated and it was very welcoming. The room could use a redo as it has the feel of an older Hampton Inn. Our room was spacious but it needs reconfigured and modernized - hopefully there is a plan to remodel the rooms soon. The TV was positioned badly as you could not see the TV unless you sat on one end of the sofa. Only one person could watch from this position and that person still didn’t have a view of the full screen. They need to swap the location of the wardrobe with the dresser that holds the TV to solve this problem. The bed seemed a little soft to me but not a big issue. The bathroom was a little on the small side but I still found plenty of space for my toiletries. There is a manager’s reception every Monday - Wednesday with a hot appetizer, a salty snack and beer, wine and soft drinks. They serve you so don’t expect to substitute this reception for dinner but it is a nice touch. They also had plenty of bottled water available - all you needed to do was ask. Breakfast was typical Hampton. They didn’t have my favorites the days I was there but the second day was much better than the first. They had the normal robust coffee available which I always appreciate.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hampton M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.com.

We did just finish renovating all of the common areas (lobby, front desk, fitness facility, hallway carpet and vinyl & the breakfast area). We are very pleased with the final product.

I can tell you that we will renovate our rooms, but we are not sure the start date of this project.

We call ourselves. "Raleigh Midtown's hidden treasure." We are off the beaten path, but are easily accessible to several shopping centers, area restaurants and area activities.

Please come & stay with us, again, the next time you visit Raleigh.

Director of Sales and Marketing
Raleigh, United States
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I have been very pleased both times I have stayed at The Hampton while visiting my family in Raleigh. I received a very thoughtful handwritten note from someone on the staff and enjoyed 3 exceptional complimentary breakfasts. Upon my recommendation after my first visit, other members of our family have stayed at The Hampton. I feel sure we will return for more visits.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Sue J,
Thank you so much for the great review on TripAdvisor. We really do appreciate the positive feedback and the time you took to post your review.

We try to make our guests feel as if this is their “home away from home.” So we try to do things that are “out of the ordinary” as our way of saying, thank you for staying with us.

We recently upgraded our breakfast to include an egg and a meat product, each morning. We are so glad you enjoyed the selection.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you come to Raleigh.

Raleigh, United States
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Yes, This is the 3rd week that I have stayed at this hotel. Bottom line, the rooms stink but the location to my workplace is very important to me. I would absolutely stay somewhere else if there was another Hilton brand hotel close by. I prefer much newer hotels, this one looks like it was built in 1988 (per the elavator cert). Several of the 120 volt receptacles have been so used that they hardly hold a plug in they are so loose. The rooms are clearly not setp for a business traveler. need a receptacle right on the night stand for charging cell phones. Need a receptacle by a wall that you can actually setup the ironing board and iron with. Most rooms I need to unplug/move something just to plug the iron in. The irons are in bad shape. one week I had to ask for a new iron. The ironing boards are the worst I have ever used. They have some metal piece that sticks out on the square side that is totally in the way. Luckily, it can be removed which I do.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear Brian,

I am sorry to hear that you have not been pleased with our property.

I have taken notes on some of the items you mentioned in your review. I will be forwarding them to the appropriate parties.

I wanted to take a moment and remind you of our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If for any reason, you are dissatisfied with your stay, please let us know so we can adjust your bill accordingly.

Do not hesitate to call our General Manager if you have any additional concerns.

Poinciana, Florida
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We walked in and the first thing we saw was big crumbs on the floor, and we wondered how could the maid possibly miss seeing them. The room had a humidity problem that we couldn't seem to fix with AC. No mini fridge.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay while at our hotel.

I have shared your comments with the Housekeeping staff and my General Manager.

I do want you to know that we are very sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your stay and if you'd like to discuss your experience with our GM, feel free to give her a call.

The next time you are in Raleigh, I hope you will give us another chance.