“Great staff, standard rooms”

Comfort Inn & Suites Crabtree Valley
Ranked #50 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
atlanta GA
“Great staff, standard rooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

It is the year 2012 and still no IPOD jack on the radio!!!! Internet is so slow I am using my wireless card which I have to pay for! I will move up the street tomorow. Other then that the staff was very nice but rooms were very average and unlike Comfort Suites the top floor is ALL smoking.

Room Tip: If you need a good internet connection go elsewhere. Other then that there are many restaurants in w...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jgumms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Mercer, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

we needed an inexpensive place near Crabtree Valley when my son went to Raleigh for a baseball tournament. This place exceeded our expectations. The room was spacious (king bed) everything was immaculate, the breakfast was hot, including meat, and plentiful. the staff was friendly and did everything to make our stay pleasant. We did have a problem with Choice Hotels gift cards (we are Elite members) and the staff did everything they could to help us out. It is a corporate problem and we will deal with them. I would stay here again if I ever travel to Raleigh again. I can't say anything about the pool - it was still closed. Fat Daddy's burger place next door is great too, by the way!!!!

Room Tip: The king size beds were awesome and I wanted to steal the pillows!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

Room was clean and large. There was a nice variety of breakfast items on the buffet. Unfortunately, I did not have my glasses with me when I checked in. I was quoted a price, paid and signed the receipt. When I got home I was looking over the receipt and realized I was not charged the rate I was quoted. I was overcharged. I guess it was my error for not being able to read the print.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Falling Waters, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

My family and I stayed here for 2 nights for a weekend event in Raleigh. The rooms were neat, clean, and check in was fast and friendly. The beds were a bit uncomfortable, but I feel all hotel beds are. I do wish they had a bit more variety with the kids' tv channels, like Disney, Nickelodeon, etc. They didn't have any. My husband and children saw the breakfast and said it looked pretty standard. Not bad, but nothing special. We did not eat it. On the second night, the toilet overflowed in the bathroom and we were quickly moved to an equally clean and comfortable room. The checkout was great, they leave your receipt under the door, and if all is OK, you just leave your cards in the room. This hotel is also convenient to shopping, dining, and downtown Raleigh. I would definitely stay again

• Stayed March 2012
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

I booked through Expedia the reviews seemed ok. Ended up going in, getting room key, looking at room & then turning around & leaving. Got refund from Expedia. It was low class, crowded, had an odor, and so not clean. I asked for help with my luggage front desk person said we " don't do that here". When I went in my room bed was not made & there was some kind of fan on in doorway. I assume trying to rid the stench. Not a good experience. Ended up paying the extra money & staying at the heavily Marriott on Glenwood Ave now that's a hotel... Should've done that in the first place.

• Stayed March 2012
El Dorado, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

I was in town for a wedding at the Angus Barn, about 10 minutes from the property. The gentleman on the desk when I checked in late that night was very friendly and informative. He didn't mention my elite membership with Choice, but as long as I'm getting points, I can deal with that.
The hotel has obviously gone through some recent renovations; much of the décor is new, but sloppily executed in places. Most of the sloppiness was limited to big, ugly caulk lines around all the seams. One glaring exception was the armchair in my room, which had been poorly re-upholstered, so that the fabric sagged and hung loose in the middle of the chair.
On a positive note, this hotel was VERY clean. The public areas and my room always felt fresh and neat and were free of dust. The room was comfortable, with a good mattress, flat screen TV, and large bathroom area. I especially appreciated the extra counter space and mirrors in the bathroom. TV channel selection was limited, but of a good variety.
I never got to the breakfast, but Comfort Inn's breakfast is fairly consistent across the board and usually has a good selection. I did hit the 24-hour coffee a couple of times, and found it fresh and hot no matter the time of day.
My rate was a great value, especially for the location. This hotel is close to a shopping center with several restaurants around and one next door. It is also ten minutes from two large malls and very close to Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts.
My one complaint has to be the people (with the exception of the clerk who checked me in.) Although I saw many staff members throughout my three night stay: housekeepers, front desk, and a couple who I believe were the owners/managers, not one of them spoke to me during my entire stay. I don't expect a whole lot from a stay, but at least one "hi" or a smile would have been nice.
On the express checkout slip under my door, they were asking guests to go on Tripadvisor and share their experiences, but I'm not sure that it's really going to help them unless they start reading these and trying to correct the problem. I can honestly say that staff friendliness is all this hotel REALLY needs to push them over the top. As it is, the lack of face-to-face hospitality keeps them squarely on average.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms in the 20's (626, etc.) are away from highway and elevator, nice and quiet
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
La Jolla, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

I"m a flight attendant that stays in hotels constantly. Many are very good. This particular Comfort Inn and Suites is disappointing. The front desk is consistently rude, difficult to deal with in terms of solving problems and even when the issue is resolved and it is apparent to all parties the hotel is in the wrong. There always seems to be a problem checking into this hotel. Perhaps this particular hotel has an issue with it's computer reservation system. Which is understandable. But the attitude of the front desk in resolving it, often the same problem, is abysmal. It feels like a competition to prove that that one has a reservation here and once proven the process is rude and difficult. Since I can't control where I am deployed in terms of ground layovers, I have to deal with this hotel and essentially plan on the usual poor service and combative attitude of this particular location. If you have a choice. Raleigh has many hotels in this class that are nicer and that lack the poor attitude and drama of this location. Try to avoid. Not worth the consistent problems or bad attitude of the front desk.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business