“Hotel Not So Bad, Manager is RUDE!!!!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Crabtree Valley
Ranked #51 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Asheville
“Hotel Not So Bad, Manager is RUDE!!!!”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Two of my friends and I booked this hotel because of its close proximity to Everything, and I mean everything, so this part of the hotel was wonderful. But upon booking my room I requested a smoking room for one of my friends. When arriving at the hotel the manager was very unfriendly. She didn't review any of our information but the price with us and quickly asked for me to sign as if she was rushing me(and it was late so I just signed like a ding dong). So we get to the room it had a weird smell, so which I assumed it was because it was a smoking room, you get what you ask for. So as I shouldn't have done, I assumed it was a smoking room as I requested and it wasn't. As a result I was charged for an additional $200 for the smoke in the room. When I tried to discuss this matter with the manager she completely was rude to me, didn't give me a chance to discuss the misunderstanding with her, and was really not professional about how she went about talking to me. I will take responsibility for not making sure SHE gave me the room I asked for but as for her I do not believe that she should any longer be manager. There are some really nice employees at the hotel that I believe would do much better. And I can tell you now that paying $200 for 2 nights and the additional $200 charge is Very much not worth it. From now on you should give the customers what they ask for so there is no confusion. The hotel was great, but the manager should definitely be reconsidered.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Vermont
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This was our second stay at Crabtree Valley . Everything was great except for the swimming pool. Since we were staying at the hotel in June we liked the idea of having the pool available. The pool was disgusting. It looked like it had not been attended to in a month. The water was cloudy and full of dirt. Needless to say we did not use it. If a hotel is going to offer an amenity, it needs to be maintained. We did have in issue with some extremely noisy people above us and the hotel took care of the issue promptly. Overall a good stay but don't expect to swim.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Upon opening our hotel room door, we were hit by an awful smell of pet urine or something similar. Given the stains on the carpet in front of the door, I am guessing dog puddles. The shower soap dish had black hair stuck to it. One of the surface mounted lights next to the bed was broken. The remote control was broken or did not work. The television channel line up provided did not match the channels programmed in the television. Gave up trying to stand there flipping channels to find something - could not even find HBO. The curtains either need to be replaced, washed or freshened up. The outdoor pool was green and not suitable for swimming despite it being June 22/23. The ice machine on our floor was broken. The security latch on the hotel room door was broken off. The beds were horribly uncomfortable and linens scratchy.

Room Tip: Choose different hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2013

In this hotel for 2 night business trip. I came back to the room on the second day to see the room had not been serviced by the cleaning staff. I called the front desk and the response was "We will definitely get someone in there tomorrow, oh you,re checking out tomorrow".

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed 15 May 2013

We arrived at the hotel & went to our room. When we opened the door, there was no bedding, an almost empty case of beer sitting on the desk, & bugs. We called front desk and they claimed we were giving the wrong room. When we were led to our "correct" room, the housekeeping were screaming at each other in another language. I thought there was going to be a domestic dispute or something. Overall the hotel was old and had a bad smell in the halls.

• Stayed March 2013
MA
Reviewed 6 May 2013

The staff here were really great! The hotel room was not oppulant-- but that's not what you're booking! The room was very clean and well done. The staff were great. As a northerner staying in NC I thought I had great interactiosn with the people of Raleigh! It's a short walk to the city center! Free Parking! It was great!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I stayed here a couple of nights while working in Raleigh. The staff at the front desk was helpful and friendly. I found the room to be clean and in good working order. The hotel is close to the shopping mall and there is plenty of additional shopping in the area if you don't care for the mall scene. Lots of good restaurants around also. The front parking area can get crowded but there is plenty of additional parking in the rear of the hotel. I felt that myself and my belongings were secure at this location. The breakfast was a nice typical breakfast you would expect and the coffee was actually good at this location. I noticed a mix of ties and hard hats at breakfast so it must be a good fit for both types of traveler. Of course you could spend some extra coin for a bigger, fancier place, and not everyone who stays here can have a great experience, but I would say give it a chance. I would recommend this location.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business