“Average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #50 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
Nashville, Tennessee
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Nothing outstanding, clean, comfortable, friendly staff. A good location out from downtown. The hotel is within 15 minutes of downtown, close to some of the best restaurants and malls. The Breakfast was average fare, nothing special. Rooms are clean. No traffic noise .Price point is average for the area.

Room Tip: If a little walking does not bother you, ask for the end of the hall rooms. Quieter, less used.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank dillard t
Shanta P, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Crabtree Valley, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments about our clean, comfortable and convenient location! We are glad to hear our staff was friendly! Thank you again for taking the time to submit a review!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Enola, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We came down to Raleigh for our nephew's graduation and stayed at this hotel last night (5/10). When I booked the room nine months ago, I selected the wrong room type. Our daughter came with us and when we walked into the room there was 1 king bed and no pull out couch. The front desk clerk was extremely pleasant when I asked her if there was any other room available with 2 beds or a cot. The hotel was booked so there was no other room and she said she would check with her manager because all the cots appeared to be booked too. We were in our room for only a short time before they brought us a cot!! It was soooo appreciated because I didn't want to squeeze three adults into a king bed after a 7 hour drive!!!

The bed was VERY comfortable and I slept great! The room was clean but the decor could be updated. The room did have an odor when we first walked in but the air was off. After having the air on for a few hours, when we returned the smell was gone.

I did not eat breakfast but my husband said it was the standard stuff. He was just upset they only had peach yogurt.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kim K
Shanta P, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Crabtree Valley, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am glad to hear that our beds our comfortable and that we had a cot available. I apologize regarding the yogurt selection. Thank you again for your comments! We hope to see you again soon!
tracys landing, md
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Made reservations on line as we were coming from out of town for one night. Made reservations based on the fact that they allowed pets, confirmed this with reservations and called the hotel to confirm, we arrived and I was told that my dog was to big and we could not stay, the manager on duty was Schandra, I have never been treated with such disrespect, she cancelled my reservation and told me it was not her problem when I asked if she knew of another place, then she would not refund my credit card told me I had to go through reservations, Visa is still fighting that battle for me. Choice Hotels should do a better job, I will never attempt to stay at any of their properties again. For the record I have a 6 month old lab mix, under 50 lbs.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kblackstock718
Shanta P, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Crabtree Valley, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
I am sorry that we were not able to accommodate your reservation upon arrival. Our website states that we allow pets up to 40 lbs on our first floor in our standard rooms. As we were not able to accommodate you, we did not charge you.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

We were so pleased from the ease of making reservations to checkout. Staff very pleasant. We stayed in a two room suite. Clean, nice bed covers and pillows.Plenty of room and an excellent price.The breakfast had cold cereal, hot cereal, bagels, waffles, yogurt, eggs and sausage plus milk, juice and coffee.They did not mind us taking food upstairs to our rooms. We needed to delay check out due to my mother's health, no problem. We took her to her 60th high school class reunion. Very convenient for events at State College, Meredith College and the fairgrounds. Crabtree Valley Mall just down the road. If we are ever in the area again we will use this hotel.

Room Tip: If you folks going to bed at different times the suite is worth the extra money for what all you get...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Shanta P, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Crabtree Valley, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for your kind comments! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again soon!
Southwest Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stay at the Comfort Inn-Crabtree Valley while visiting Raleigh for the 2014 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament. This hotel is located and easy 10-minute drive from the PNC Arena and about 5-minutes away from the Crabtree Valley Mall. There are plenty of restaurants nearby including Fat Daddy’s and a Golden Corral, which are located in adjacent to the hotel. This hotel was adequate for my stay but could use some attention as its beginning to show its age. The window could use a good cleaning on the inside and out especially on some of the upper floors. The furniture especially the chairs are also becoming somewhat worn. I found the room to be clean and the beds comfortable and well made. The housekeeping staff was very accommodating and willing to work around my schedule. The breakfast area was spacious and featured the usual waffles, cereals, pastries, juice and coffee plus sausage and eggs. For the most part the breakfast area was maintained through the advertised times but during peak times there was no coffee available. The internet in my room was somewhat it and miss. When I could connect it was fast, but several times it would disconnect without warning.The front desk staff were professional and competent. Parking is somewhat limited with a number of limited spaces available in front of the hotel. There is a larger lot behind the hotel which requires the guest to walk some distance to the entrance or use the unsecured garage entrance. All in all this hotel was adequate and the rate was acceptable considering other hotels in the area tended to inflate their rates due to the NCAA Tournament.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Shanta P, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Crabtree Valley, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. I am happy to hear that the location being close to PNC and multiple restaurants was favorable. Thank you for your comments about the rooms being clean the beds being comfortable. Also that our Housekeeping staff was accommodating. I am sorry to hear about the windows. Our Housekeeping Staff has been made aware of the windows and will check them. There are a few windows that the stain is between the double paned glass. We continue to renovate and have several projects slated for this year. Thank you again for your comments!
Coastal NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

We recently stayed here with our robotics team for the tournament held at Dorton Arena. This hotel was reasonably priced and easy drive to our event. We did have one group snafu when we asked to add an extra day at the begining to one of our rooms which somehow ended up with that room being checked out a day early although we NEVER asked for that. It was fixed by the front desk manager and all was well.

As for our personal room, we booked a King Suite and it was wonderful, especially for the price. It had a decent sized living room (with sleeper sofa) which was great for group dinner, a very large patio (the weather was uncooperative but otherwise we'd have been out there), and a nice bathroom as well. We did have one maintenance issue as our toilet was very slow. And when I needed a plunger I had to go get it and fix the problem myself. Also, while our room smelled fine the hallway and elevator did not.

There was a lot to do nearby as well, plenty of restaurants and shopping and the Fairgrounds are only about 10 minutes away.

I would stay here again in a group situation but I prefer Hilton brand hotels so if I was on my own I'd likely not.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Shanta P, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Crabtree Valley, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
I am glad to hear that the suite worked out well and that you enjoyed the location with the nearby shopping and restaurants. I apologize that the toilet was not taken care of for you by our staff and that the change on your reservation was initially not done correctly. I have review these items with our staff. Thank you for your comments!
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stayed here (local stay) during a recent snow storm and the possibility/probability of loss of power at my home, and due to having a cold-sensitive pet. First, few hotels in the area allow pets, this one does at a small surcharge (OK by me). All 'pet rooms' are 1st floor only, which is fine too. Expected a more beat-up or smelly room due to being a 'pet room', but was very pleasantly surprised in that room had NO problems. No smells; furnishing and bedding fine. No gouged up walls or worn paint. Room had good heating system, quiet and efficient. I could not have found fault with this room even if it had not been a 'pet room'. Microwave and frig in room. Check-in staff was friendly. The breakfast is okay but nothing special. If there is any feature to make this hotel better, it would be a better breakfast offering, like fresh made eggs.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mike D
Shanta P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Crabtree Valley, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay! I am happy to hear the room was comfortable and you enjoyed staying with us!