“excellent service!!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Crabtree Valley
Ranked #49 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed 3 February 2011

clean rooms, great location and outstanding service! I travel for business visit the raleigh area a couple of times a month. I will stay nowhere else but here now. Amita at the front desk will go out of her way to make her guest are taken care of. Great job!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 November 2010

All in all, I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. I spent 12,000 points for one of my nights and paid for the other night and this hotel experience was by far my worst stay ever with Choice Hotels. Take this review for what it is worth to you and if you decided to stay, hopefully your experience will be better than mine. I apologize for the length, but wanted to provide the full documentation.

Good:

Before I get into all the bad stuff, let me say that Amita was very helpful and provided quality service. She did everything possible to extinguish as many fires that another representative had started and was very professional. This is where the good part ends.

Bad:

Customer Service: From check in to check out, this was the WORST experience that I have ever had with a Choice Hotel. After making my original reservation online with Choice Hotels, I called the hotel and spoke with the front desk clerk and advised him that I had two separate reservations for two consecutive days and wanted to stay in the same room both days. I had a note on the reservation giving permission for someone else to check in before I arrived and the front desk clerk stated that he saw the note and would make sure that there was not an issue with the check in nor the room for two days. Upon arrival, my other party was denied a key and the front desk staff was rude about the incident. Finally, after speaking with someone from Choice Hotels and Amita, a key was given 2 hours later. The guy who I spoke with messed up the entire reservation, as I received a call the next day asking what time I was checking out (although I had already told them I had two separate reservations). When asked about the gentleman who I spoke with regarding the original reservation, I was informed that he was new, which means that they had not trained him correctly and he didn’t know what he was doing. And on the day of check out, I was granted a late check out by Melissa, but received phone calls from someone else in the hotel asking how close I was to being ready to check out. If you are going to grant me a late check out, please allow me up to that time before you start calling me. And when I went to the front desk to check out, the lady who was calling was very rude and refused to acknowledge me or look at me.

Hazards: On Saturday morning, an employee was mopping the main entrance to the hotel. When a few customers tried to enter the front, he became very agitated and began splashing water all over the place. When he was asked to stop so that we could enter, he mumbled something, stopped and walked inside, and dropped the mop right in front of the main entrance by the wet floor sign (See picture). Also, he piled up the rugs in front of the main entrance, which caused a major hazard for those trying to carry their bags in (see picture).

Rooms: The rooms were nice, but the room I stayed in could have used a little updating. The floor in the bathroom was older and stained, but overall, the bed slept well and it was pretty quiet. There were some electrical issues that should have been addressed by hotel maintenance, which included a missing electric outlet cover, that was in plain sight (see photo). I am sure glad I didn't have any children with me.

• Stayed: November 2010
2  Thank AlphaMan0599
DeepSouthBelle, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Crabtree Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback concerning your stay as this helps the staff and management make the necessary changes to increase our guest satisfaction. The Comfort Inn & Suites Crabtree takes great pride in making sure every guest walks is 100% satisfied with their stay when they walk out our doors. Unfortunately we seem to have dropped the ball with your stay and for that I am truly sorry. I do hope that next time you are in the area, you give our hotel another chance to prove just how committed we are to our customers and ensuring they have a great stay. Once again I apologize for any inconveniences you experienced and I hope we see you again.

Melissa Silberman
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 13 November 2010

We were pleasantly surprised at the size of our room - and the bed was amazingly comfortable. The breakfast there had a great selection of good food. We were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2010

I work for a major university hospital and travel every week. I wanted a hotel that would make me feel comfortable as well as accommodate my little traveling companion, my dog named Molly. After visiting 15-20 hotels in the area, Comfort Inn and Suites was my last stop. I talked to the manager and explained what I needed. They went above and beyond the extra mile to ensure my needs were met. And then I was shown a room...Wow! They are beautiful! Warm, cozy, inviting...it's like staying in my own bedroom. I look forward every week to checking in! AAA++++ service

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2010

Been stay at this hotel on and off for about 2 months now. All I can really say is the staff was great. It's a family run buisness so you'll feel just like part off the family. I truely would recomend for any one to stay here.

Reviewed 25 August 2010

The people were great, especially Amita!!! I look forward to coming back!

Reviewed 25 August 2010

Stayed on business recently and hotel was fine. All encountered were very pleasant and friendly. Room was very clean. Internet worked fine and good breakfast. Will stay again!