“Great place!”

Holiday Inn Raleigh Downtown
Ranked #41 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This place has been newly renovated, and are still doing work to improve it. It is clean, the staff is nice, and has a great view from the room. The hotel is 20 floors and allows for a great view of downtown Raleigh. The beds are very comfortable. Definitely different design from most hotels. I would definitely stay here again. Highly recommend!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Orlando F, Hotel Manager at Holiday Inn Raleigh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the five star rating. We value your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve our product and service.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We were there for a week and held banquet in the hotel .Jackie Norris help us plan the banquet was helpful and went above and beyond , food and staff were great , Melissa(at the desk) Mike and Michael were very helpful ,room was nice and clean ,staff had a refrigerator in the room on request .,Location to museums and restaurants were excellent .all our members had a great time and we would recommend this hotel

Room Tip: ask for fridge if you want one .the staff made every effort to make us comfortable
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for making us your first review on TripAdvisor! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your week long stay at the Holiday Inn Raleigh Downtown! Thanks for mentioning each team member that provided you with a memorable stay.

Thank you for your recommendation.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

The front desk was very helpful and upbeat, as well as the concierge. Business center had two Dell desktops and an HP 8600 printer - this is a great printer - fast and great color - came in handy printing a 20 page proposal in about a minute.

Checked into room - it was pleasant, but showed some age, but I have been many places around the world and this room was comfortable. The only problem I hjad was the toilet paper holders were not secured to the wall and kept falling off.

The lounge upstairs (restaurant/bar actually) had 4 craft beers on tap and about 10 other beers in bottles.

What I like is that I could walk to restaurants - Flying Saucer Draught Emporium a block away - over 100 beers on tap and they do serve bar food though this a place to have great beer, not a great meal. There were many restaurants with in a half mile walk (Bylton Street Bridge Brewpub for one) and also a fine dining restaurant next door.

I slept well - Had breakfast in the hotel restaurant. The order was not right (waiter didn't write my order down when taking it)., but they were so darn nice I could live with that.

Would I go again, definitely - LOCATION! Thatr is why this Hotel gets 4 stars - location and price.

Room Tip: Its a round hotel - high floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your most recent stay. Our hotel is centrally located to some of the best attractions and restaurants Raleigh has to offer. Thank you for bringing the toilet paper holder to my attention, please accept my apology. Thanks for the four stars and recommending our location and hotel.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I will be staying at this hotel for three weeks due to an externship, and the staff here is excellent. Derrick from the front has been great. He has helped me with everything I've needed. I only wish there was a refrigerator provided in the room.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the five star rating! I am happy you were pleased with the services offered by our Lobby Ambassador, Derrick!

Thanks again,

Reviewed 27 June 2014

First off, it smells weird. The AC unit is extremely loud. It would turn on ever 20 minutes with a loud roar and wake me up. The worst night sleep I have had since sleeping in a hostel with the same issue. The front desk staff seemed to care in a very nonchalant way. I guess the room was clean, but thats about it. No refrigerator either....for a city known for its food, you have to have a refrigerator for take to-go boxes!

Room Tip: Make sure they have updated the AC unit.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Orlando F, Hotel Manager at Holiday Inn Raleigh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Holiday Inn Raleigh Downtown-Capital! It seems we missed the mark on this particular visit. Please accept my apologies for the issues. We are in the process of replacing in-room AC units to improve our services. I want to personally welcome you back upon your return to Raleigh.

Regards,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The room was nice, however there was no refrigerator and bathroom was quite small. It was very clean.
Derrick who was at the front desk, was very helpful with information and also items we requested.
Also breakfast was not the best, food was not hot and had to pay for it; however the rooftop view was very nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Orlando F, Hotel Manager at Holiday Inn Raleigh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Raleigh Downtown for your wedding stay. I am glad you enjoyed the rooftop view in our restaurant. However, I apologize for the shortcomings in food quality.

On an added note, we do not have refrigerators in our rooms but we do offer them upon request for a nominal fee. I will be sure to pass along your comments regarding Derrick, he truly defines the meaning of hospitality.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The renovations are a marked improvement from the Clarion days. All new everything and very clean & comfortable. The best part of our stay for our sons wedding was the level of service provided. All of the staff was kind, courteous and helpful, but the standout was the Concierge, Derrick. He went far above and beyond to make sure our stay went well. The restaurant on the top floor was wonderful (great view of the city also) and our server, Mario, couldn't have been more accommodating. We travel all over the country and rarely have we experienced such hospitality.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at the Holiday Inn Raleigh Downtown-Capital for your son's wedding! I'm also glad you took the time to mention the vast improvements from the Clarion days. Our historic hotel has come a long ways; everyone here is proud of the finished product! Also, thank you for pointing out the great hospitality provided by Derrick and Mario. We look forward to your return when traveling back to Raleigh.