“Awful”

Raleigh Inn
Raleigh Inn
Ranked #76 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Room was hot upon entering . Half of the lights didn't work . 15 channels. Smokers room with no ashtray. Bed was very worn out. Broken table leaning up against chair. I'll never stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank cole1990
There are newer reviews for Raleigh Inn

Reviewed 8 March 2011

I have stayed in this hotel on several different occasions and I come to the same conclusion every time. This is not a five star hotel/motel that caters to your every need. After you check in thats it, your on your own from there on out. If something is broken live with it. At night time there are usually people hanging out around the building and you may see a bum or two drift by asking for change. They do have a security guard that SITS IN THE OFFICE if you ever need help. As for the rooms they are usually half way clean. The beds are lumpy and each room smells like smoke. This seems to be a place you would bring a bimbo from the club to not your wife and kids. But for $40 bucks a night what do you expect?

• Stayed: February 2011
2  Thank Riteindakisser
Reviewed 21 October 2010

I guess this might have been okay if it were in another neighborhood. The room was what you expect from a Motel 6, but as a single person, I was not comfortable.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank marthab09
Reviewed 14 September 2008

I would not recommend staying at this motel. The place was dirty not enough towels, dirty sheets and comforter. The room was outdated and dingy looking. I was afraid to get out of my car there were at least 8 scary men standing around the motel. I stayed in my car for a few minutes to see if some of them would leave because they were staring at me while i was in my car. That never happened. I finally decide to go to my room.I was terrified because has I was getting out of my car, several men were walking towards me. My room was on the second floor which meant I have to go through a walk way to get to the stairs so i could go to my room. The walkway which you have to go through to get to the stairs to your room is very scary because at any minute someone could grab you, rob you or rape you. Has I was walking towards my room there were two men standing close to my room. Those men started to shout at me to come to them. I ran to my room and locked all the doors.

Stayed: August 2008
2  Thank luvana
Reviewed 24 March 2008

This place was a nightmare! Scary folks hanging around. Some of the people in our party were approached by ladies wanting to know if they needed company for the night. Roaches in the rooms, soap left in the showers from previous guests, blood on the comforters. Decor was at least 20-30 years old and it showed. Remote to TV did not work. I basically kept one eye open all night. At night you can not enter the small lobby but have to communicate through window and push drawer. Absolutely horrible!! If it hadn't of been ACC weekend, we would have went to another place.

• Stayed: March 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank tammy24
A TripAdvisor Member
Winston-Salem, NC
Reviewed 16 March 2004

Guess it is because it's right off the interstate, but this place is noisy, even for a Red Roof. And the late night check in, with a security guard glaring at you from the corner, can be a scary experience. Seems like more of a party motel than anything else, noisy, the only vending machines that worked were in the lobby, not going back to this one.

• Stayed: January 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raleigh
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Raleigh NE - Medical Ctr Area
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
#55 of 86 in Raleigh
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raleigh

Been to Raleigh Inn? Share your experiences!