“Clean and quiet”

Residence Inn Raleigh Midtown
Ranked #49 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
“Clean and quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012 via mobile

This location was an original apartment/condo style village that was quiet considering the highway was right next door. Clean and nice penthouse suite was unexpected. Stayed in a similar in OKC and I like this style for long visits.

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

I came with my husband and 3 kids for 5 nights. It's a great place to stay. We love the spacious room, more like a condo than a hotel room. We also brought the dog, which wasn't problem.
Best parts:
Excellent service staff. Every one of them! Didn't mind when I asked for 9 extra towels, always there to ask if you need anything.
Excellent free breakfast and dinner! This makes a big difference with a family of 5
Quiet clean room.

This hotel has thought of all the details too. Little calendar of meals and special town events in the fridge, etc.
Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

My terrible experience started as I drove up. I couldn't even believe that it was a hotel - it looks more like an apartment complex. Things got worse when the front desk agent questioned my government rate, and acted indignant when I offered an appropriate explanation. She gave me a key, and drew directions on a map of the property to my room. I knew I was in trouble. I had an extremely hard time finding my room in "the compound." The signage is poor at best, and when I did find it I had to walk up 2 flights of steps - outdoors - to be greeted by a dirty diaper that was tossed on the landing. I should have checked out at that point. I went inside my room (823) and my initial impression was that it seemed relatively new with new appliances and a decent amount of space. The bathroom was beat, though. Mildew stained caulking and a showerhead that looked like it was ready to fall off the wall. The wallpaper was peeling and I could tell this was not going to be a 5-star night. I sat at the desk to do some work and noticed something moving on the floor in the kitchen. To my horror I saw a LARGE roach crawling on the kitchen floor. I turned on the light and it scurried under the refrigerator. At that point I didn't want to touch anything else, and I certainly was not going to use the kitchen. Roaches in a hotel is completely inexcusable. I would avoid this location at all costs. Marriott should remove their name from this "hotel" as soon as possible.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Sean7326
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Recently stayed for graduation ceremonies weekend. The location is great for access to downtown and interstate. I agree with a previous review, the rooms could use a little updating. Our room had a partially painted wall behind the headboard. The carpet needed some TLC. The room and efficiency kitchen were very clean. The coffee in the lobby was great. I liked the layout of the rooms in clusters and landscaped well.

Room Tip: Interior lower levels are away from the street and easy to access. If you have lots of luggage and...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Saint Louis MO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

This Residence Inn (Midtown - Navaho Dr) is getting a bit "long in the tooth", and is in need of some updating and attention. The lobby and breakfast area were just remodeled in the last year, but the room/suites are getting old and a bit shabby. The neighborhood is not the best, but since I have stayed there at least 8 times in the last two years on business for at least 3 nights each visit, I have never experienced any form of security problem. The front desk staff seems to be well trained and accommodating. Both the breakfast service and the weekday dinner service are included in the rate.

Room Tip: The rooms near the lobby can be a problem, due to lack of adequate parking spaces. The rooms at the...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Tug1104
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

We just returned from a three and half week trip to Raleigh. We explored our options and this hotel seemed like a good fit. It is close to downtown. We booked through AAA and you get discounts the longer you stay. The room was spacious and the kitchen fully equipped. Breakfasts are provided 7 days a week and dinners were great and dinners (4 nights a week) . It is all we needed. The room is spacious. The beds were comfortable, tv was ok (no hd or big screen). Most of the rooms have fireplaces which made me feel at home. If you chose a king, it will be up stairs. When you check in, if internet is important tell the host that you need a good internet connection. Some rooms had frustratingly slow internet. We will know next time. We usually book for short stays through Priceline, but next time we may book with this hotel because of all its pluses. We are in Raleigh about 7-8 times a year.

Room Tip: If you want good internet tell the host when checking in. Also I liked having the window open and wo...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank rlfrom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

Very accommodating...always smiling faces...great location...fantastic rooms.

• Stayed March 2012