“Horrible stay!”

Ranked #49 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Richlands, North Carolina
“Horrible stay!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Spent the worst night I've ever stayed at any hotel. People partied at our room door from 10 pm until 3 am. Hotel staff were notified 3 times during that time before finally taking action at 3 am. Then at 10 am, I went to checkout while my wife showered. When she stepped from the shower, there was the hotel maid in the room to clean the room. We are seniors and felt very unsafe, as to have left would have required that we exit through the crowd of intoxicated people. Additionally, to have the cleaning staff in our room before checkout was very disturbing. I would not recommend that anyone stay at this hotel, especially senior citizens. Staff attempted to justify their lack of action by stating that the hotel policy is to basically ignore noise complaints before 11pm. They effectively ignored our complaints(3) until 3 am.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel in Raleigh other than Residence INN by Marriott!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Tessa P, Manager at Residence Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Mr. Gregory,

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experience during your stay. I also want to assure you that we take all guest concerns and complaints seriously.We thank you for your feedback and we appreciate you staying with us. Please feel fee to contact me with further questions or concerns

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Orange, Virginia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Lots of trash in the covered in areas leading to the rooms. Noisy a/c and our bedroom was right next to four that all ran all the time. Even with the windows closed, it was noisy. Maid came into the room without knocking and found us there. All was fine, but maids need to learn how to knock before automatically coming in. This was my second trip here; it will be my last. Too many other places that are nicer and close in price. Breakfast as at best, marginal. Eggs were awful and not too much else to choose from. I ask you, who eats turkey sausage? Neighborhood nearby looks really rough. I wouldn't stay here if I were a woman by myself.

Room Tip: If you don't have a problem going up steps, the second floor is much better as you don't her...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Tessa P, Manager at Residence Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
My name is Tessa, I am the Assistant General Manager at the Residence Inn Midtown. I apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your stay. Housekeeping will be adddressed in regards to knocking on the door. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel with any comments or concerns. Have a great day
North Carolina
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We arrived late in the evening, approx 10pm. Had to get the attention of the clerk. He informed us that he was filling in for someone else. Because he was filling in, he was not able to let me know the best place to park my car to unload. The room was adequate but dated. The next morning, we ate the free breakfast. It was okay but no meat. I am a fan of Residence Inn and we stay there often. This was not one of their better ones.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
JMcLauchlin,

I am the Assistant General Manager at the Residence Inn Midtown. I apologize if your stay was not up to par. In regards to the meat at breakfast, this is the first I am hearing of it. I hope for you next trip to Raleigh you would consider staying with us again. Have a great day.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stopped at the Residence Inn Midtown for a one night stay on a weekend recently. The Inn is an older style Marriott with external access to each room. Our second story room was very nice, clean, spacious with the full kitchen and two Baths (always a great perk). The staff was very friendly, the breakfast buffet had fresh foods, fruits, and juices. The nearby Bahama Breeze Restaurant was less than a block away and was a really great time with good food and live music.
We very much enjoyed our short stay there at another excellent Marriott Property.

Room Tip: I was surprised at how the entrance to the Inn was "tucked away" from the main road. I ha...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jason H, General Manager at Residence Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond this is very new to me. We do appreciate your kind words and we do share these with our teams. We are so thankful for your time.
We do look forward to your next stay with us here at Residence Inn Midtown. Give us a call and let us help book your next getaway here in Raleigh.
Louisburg, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very professional and friendly staff. Very nice hotel and clean. A little outdated but clean and neat. Love the landscape. The apartment set up is a nice change and rooms are very spacious! Great price and worth the money.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MizzDeelicious
North Canton, Ohio
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very well kept inside and out. We took our dog with us and found it very nice to have a good area to walk him around outside. The breakfast was outstanding. They had a good looking pool but we did not use it while we were there. There was a nice picnic area and tennis court as well. Our room was nice and roomy and very clean. The ribs were decorated nicely as well. Great value. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013
Delaware
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is an older style Residence Inn and might not be a good choice for people unable to climb stairs. However, it is reasonably priced and includes a breakfast with a wide assortment of items and a Manager's Reception on weekday evenings. Food wasn't outstanding, but not bad considering it was included.

We selected this hotel because we could take our dog. I walked the dog around the inn, as I would not feel safe walking after dark in the adjacent neighborhoods alone. The room was large and clean. We called housekeeping concerning a broken lamp and they responded very quickly. The entire staff was friendly.

Overall, a good choice if traveling with your furry friends.

Room Tip: Rooms along the back might be noisy because highway backs up to property. We had room in front and i...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Tessa P, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Windfair,

We are truly sorry that you had difficulty climbing the stairs. On your next vist, we will try our best to reserve you in a room on the bottom floor, that way it would be easier for you to move around. Thank you for staying with the Residence Inn Midtown, and we appreciate your comments.