Residence Inn Raleigh Midtown
Red Roof
US$276
Renaissance Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewsfull kitchencondo stylecondo complexfrench doorscomplimentary upgradetrader joesbahama breezefree breakfastwaffleswake forestraleigh areabusiness or pleasurebusiness travelerliving areawould stay againthe breakfast arearestaurants and shopping
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I love to stay here when I travel to Raleigh on business and know that I have the time to eat at the Bahama Breeze across the street. The hotel is great and as a platinum rewards member, I have always received an upgrade. Customer service is very good here and that usually sets the tome for my stay. The breakfast and social food are outstanding. The coffee is pretty good as well. The rooms are great - spacious and clean and value can't be beat for a Raleigh property. The bathrooms are great with a good shower and plenty of hot water. The wifi is great. The next exit has a Starbucks and a Panera - so the location is great. While this property is a little older, the rooms are always spacious and clean. Traffic noise can be heard from the back of the property buy not the sides or the front. We love being able to walk to Bahama Breeze - have a few of the best pina coladas ever, and walk back with out worrying about driving. Already looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side and the front are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Jason H, General Manager at Residence Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Margit,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to write about it. We are thrilled that you have been coming and will come to see us again. Your business is very important to us and our goal is to make every stay not just great but the best we can.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I selected this hotel property because a friend and I needed a respite break from being 24/7 caregivers to elderly relatives...and to celebrate one of our birthday's with a concert at Walnut Creek Amphitheater on July 19. We both love crab legs, so we picked up our supplies at a nearby Harris-Teeter grocery store and enjoyed the kitchen facilities, About the hotel: an older property but we both navigate stairs easily and requested a second story room to avoid potential "elephant sounds" from upstairs. EXCELLENT interior decor and furnishings. Free breakfast on Sunday morning was also very good with many hot selections (eggs, grits, sausage, waffles, pancakes, French toast, etc. etc.). It was impressive that both the outdoor pool and hot tub have handicapped lifts to allow those with disabilities the opportunity to enjoy the spa area (I notice such things as a caregiver to the elderly!). There are gas grills that can be used for cookouts and pool towels are available. I read some negative reviews about this property, and being someone who was a corporate "road warrior" for 12 years...this is a gem in terms of location, service and value. All of the staff were extremely professional and helpful in their demeanor. When my friend and I need another Ladies Night Off weekend....we will be coming back to the Residence Inn Midtown. Thank you to the staff! You helped make our 24 hour retreat very memorable!

Room Tip: The rooms on the very back of the property are near the freeway. Weekends are not an issue, but during the week, you might want to request a room on the front of the property. Higher floors would have less AC unit noise and sounds from above...but then there are stairs to navigate.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Jason H, General Manager at Residence Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

ChapelHill C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate all feedback both positive and negative. We look forward to your next weekend away. Call us and let us make your next stay just as great as your last.

Thank you again and we hope you have a great day.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed at the Residence Inn by Marriot in mid town Raleigh, North Carolina. While the room was clean and had all the amenities that a residence inn should have, the bug situation was out of control! Everyday I had more bug bites. When I check out, at the end of my stay, I told the manager that he should make sure to fumigate the room for the next guests. He apologized and wrote nothing down. He did nothing.

Room Tip: Make sure that you ask for a recently fumigated room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us here in Raleigh. I would like to take a moment to apologize for this most unfortunate situation. We do have regularly scheduled treatments both indoors and outdoors. When anyone has an issue we address each one and we contact our outside pest company to address each of these issues. These are not the experiences we want our guest to have when they leave. We are a property where each room has individual entrances to the outdoors and we do have a more interaction with the outdoor elements. We would like for you to come back and see that this was an isolated incident. Thank you so much for your time, if you have any questions please feel free to give us a call and we are happy to assist you with your next stay.
Thank you again and we hope you have a great day.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel was one of the worst experiences I have EVER had in a hotel. The room itself was pretty nice besides of the really loud refrigerator. The frig was so loud that I tried unplugging it, but couldn't find the outlet. We were traveling from the Washington, D.C. area - about a 6 hour drive. It all started when we first arrived ..about 12:30 in the morning. The first thing we noticed about this property was that the rooms were very close together - it looks like more of a apartment complex than anything...everything is congested and bunched together (doesn't look that way int he pictures). While I was checking in at the front desk; a obnoxious intoxicated young man open my passenger car door while my husband was sitting in in the driver seat and begins to interrogate him with a thousand questions. My husband did not want to physically harm this male because of his condition, but we were about 2 minutes away from police being involved. There were young guys walking the parking lot and smoking marijuana as we carried our bags to our room. This is such an AWESOME way to be welcomed to the city of Raleigh. We woke up to very loud country music and people being very loud right outside of our room door. In addition to that, most of the people on this property actually permanently live on the property so there were lots of people walking around in PJ's or sitting outside drinking beer. If you would like a relaxed quiet get-a-way --- this is not the place for you. Lastly, I had family traveling as well who arrived the following day - they arrived about 6 pm, by 1 am they were asked to leave the premises for a party violation. This was a family gathering with card games and basketball (on the TV) - about 12 people in all joined from two different suites. My sister and I tried to go and talk to the hotel manager in respect and work something out or at least attempt to explain the situation. But this manager was not trying to hear it by far - he continuously yelled at her like she was a child saying how he did not care and the security jumped in every few minutes telling her that she needed to remove herself from the property. This place has horrible, and I WILL NEVER waste my money here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Tessa P, Manager at Residence Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Jasmine P,

We appreciate you choosing the Residence Inn Midtown as the hotel of your choice. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. We have researched your stay/complaint, please feel free to contact me at the hotel. Have a great day!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Spent the worst night I've ever stayed at any hotel. People partied at our room door from 10 pm until 3 am. Hotel staff were notified 3 times during that time before finally taking action at 3 am. Then at 10 am, I went to checkout while my wife showered. When she stepped from the shower, there was the hotel maid in the room to clean the room. We are seniors and felt very unsafe, as to have left would have required that we exit through the crowd of intoxicated people. Additionally, to have the cleaning staff in our room before checkout was very disturbing. I would not recommend that anyone stay at this hotel, especially senior citizens. Staff attempted to justify their lack of action by stating that the hotel policy is to basically ignore noise complaints before 11pm. They effectively ignored our complaints(3) until 3 am.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel in Raleigh other than Residence INN by Marriott!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Tessa P, Manager at Residence Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Mr. Gregory,

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experience during your stay. I also want to assure you that we take all guest concerns and complaints seriously.We thank you for your feedback and we appreciate you staying with us. Please feel fee to contact me with further questions or concerns