“Home away from Home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #67 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
Garner, North Carolina
“Home away from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

What can I say, the manager and staff were so sweet. Anything we needed they made sure we had it . Anytime one of the staff saw us, they immediately asked if we needed anything to make our stay better. I just read another review on here saying there were roaches, that is the biggest lie I have seen yet. I have stayed at this hotel for many years working in the Raleigh area when I lived in Mooresville, and I can tell you I have NEVER seen one roach, EVER. They take pride in keeping a very clean environment. This is the first time my family and I have stayed here together, and we have been very pleased with the experience. I have the hotel phone number saved in my phone anytime we need a hotel in this area. Great job guys!

Room Tip: Rooms on the pancake restaurant side are cooling in the evenings (summer). Rooms in very back are be...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Matthew P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

My friend and I were visiting here in Raleigh for a concert. We came all the way from Charlotte, about 3 hours and 45 minutes away. We were looking for a cheap yet decent hotel. We found this, and it wasn't far from downtown Raleigh at all! We slightly procrastinated and was planning to print at the hotel. Unfortunately the hotel didn't have a printer like the site stated, but I asked the Concierge (the person -lady- at the front desk) if there was a library close by, and she gave us a piece of paper with a bunch of local stuff on it. We got to the library, got to print the tickets and arrived back to our hotel room that was very clean. Hotels that aren't expensive usually lack cleanliness. It smelled nice, and everything worked well. Upon checkout, we were wished a safe trip and how it was a pleasure having us. We will definitely be back if we are ever in Raleigh! :)

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I come to this Days Inn every year with my grandfather. I have never had a bad experience. Very accommodating. I always look forward to the mini lemon poppy seed muffins. One year the tv was acting up and they sent a really nice guy named Oscar to help fix it. The manager always works with us on the crazy hours we check in. I love this place.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Such a bad experience I almost cried. I have an 11 year old daughter and I booked this hotel for her and a sitter for a special event in Garner. The Days Inn was the only hotel in area with a room left. I thought it couldn't be too bad. However, the girls checked in late and when they got to their room the nightmare began. There were roaches and the sheets appeared dirty. The room also smelled of mold. They were so tired and inexperienced in these matters that they just slept on top of the covers and tried to forget the roaches- afterall, they knew there weren't other hotels available and it was late. In the morning they called me to fill me in on their experience. I immediately called the staff and instead of an "I'm sorry" received "they should have complained that night", followed by excuses and yelling. The staff was extremely defensive and rude and could do nothing because these poor girls were too afraid to speak up while they were there. Fortunately they checked out first thing next morning and
were able to find a
Hampton. I did not call to argue whether or not the girls did the right thing, but rather to bring some serious issues to the hotel's attention but was in return yelled at. I then called customer service who was very kind to me and am hoping for a fair resolution.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Raleigh hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

The hotel was dirty from the second I walked in. The workers were rude and ignoring me while I was asking for assistance. The manger was loud and rude during my stay. Phone and tv didn't work throughout my stay. I advise people to choose a different hotel unless you wanna be dealing with parties in the hotel and seeing random cars coming in because what I believe is there is drug dealers living in the hotel

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Brives22
High Point, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had a tire problem late Saturday night (6/21/14), and there was no nearby shop open to fix the tire and get me on my way. The Days Inn Raleigh South was just a mile down the road, so I gave the a try. I checked in, and within 5 minutes I was in a clean, spacious room for under $70. The next morning, the desk staff helped me find a local repair shop that was open on a Sunday - and around 1/2 mile away (that was important, because the emergency tire wasn't doing well)!
If you're looking for the Hilton this hotel probably isn't for you. However, if what you need is clean accommodations at a reasonable price - this hotel is the ticket.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raleigh
Econo Lodge South Garner
Wingate by Wyndham Garner/Raleigh South
Super 8 Raleigh Downtown South
Hampton Inn Raleigh / Garner
BEST WESTERN Plus Edison Inn
Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center

Been to Days Inn Raleigh South? Share your experiences!