“Filthy Hotel”

Ranked #60 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
“Filthy Hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

This definitely rates up there as the worst hotel I have ever stayed in the room was not vacuumed and a dusty mess. The beds where poorly made the hall ways smelt like a stinky astray. The main lobby table was dirty with dead flies I had to go out and buy cleaning products to stay in the room. I would not recommend staying at this hotel for ANY REASON I ended up having to go to the doctor because of allergies. It's not a very safe area to stay save yourself the grief and headache of having to complain about the filthy conditions. I stayed in room 203 and I took pictures after cleaning the room I would be happy to forward them to you e-mail me at tc3@mailexcite.com and I can send you copies. I was in town for a family reunion try hotels off New Bern Road in Raleigh the rooms and hotels are clean and it's a safer area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Terri C
Patel3801, General Manager at Super 8 Raleigh North East, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest

I would like to take this moment to let you know that we are currently in the middle of our renovation project , which is going to take care of most of the issues you highlighted in your survey response. We are currently installing new carpets , new furniture , replacing all our beds, new flat screen TVs , new bedding , new draperies and we will also be renovating our breakfast area. All these updates should be complete in the next 3 to 4 months. Thank you again for bringing forward your recommendation.

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Raleigh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

The room was ok but it did have area that where not very clean. It was a low price and it I guess you get what you pay for. We had coffee but no coffee maker. The employee where great. I didn't feel completely safe in the area it was in. I may end up staying there again unless I can find another place as cheap as this one.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Patel3801, General Manager at Super 8 Raleigh North East, responded to this review, 8 July 2014

Raleigh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

The room stunk, there were no bulbs in most lamps. The "free" breakfast was white bread/toast only.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Patel3801, General Manager at Super 8 Raleigh North East, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest

I am really sorry that you were absolutely not happy with our facilities. We will be working very hard in the next few months to fix this. I hope you can give us another chance when our renovation project is complete.

LaGrange, Indiana, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

You get what you pay for. The room is a little outdated and needs updated. The air conditioner kept the room comfortable at best. We were there for three nights and had the air conditioner on the entire time as it was 100 degrees. It never got cold just enough to not be hot. The tissue cover in the bathroom counter was GROSS! It is metal and really NASTY looking. The shower curtain was clean and the shower had just a tiny amount of mold in the cracks. The shower itself was very slippery and I actually fell. Just bruised my arm a little so I didn't report it. As for water pressure in the shower it was next to none. You could at least get clean but don't expect full water pressure. You have to beg for extra towels they don't like to give them out. No trash bags in the trash cans and when we asked we were told they don't have them.....excuse me?!?!?! The TV had several channels but some were very fuzzy. They used to have a pool but filled it in with rocks....yes I said rocks. Then they never took down the signs. Every time you asked for something you got the vibe it was putting them out. They were nice about it just kind of weird. Overall it was mostly clean and took care of our needs for a place to sleep. They do offer a breakfast but we did not eat so I can't comment. As we were in town for a wedding and live in Indiana we won't ever be back to area but if I was I would not stay here.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!