“Decent cheap stay at a once upscale hotel”
Review of Gills Inn & Suites

Gills Inn & Suites
Gills Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Reidsville
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Clearly this was aold Holiday Inn or other upscale hotel back in the day. The room decor was very early 90s, but isnt wasnt horrible. The lobby was massive. I got a call in the afternoon saying they overbooked the hotel, and if it was ok to put us in a double bedroom twice the size. I agreed and advised we wouldnt be there till after 1am. I arrived and he knew exactly who I was! Check in went fairly smooth. The room we got was 2 standard rooms, with a door opening so you can go back and forth. One of the rooms had a couch and loveseat, mini fridge and microwave. Both rooms still had their bathrooms. The beds were decent. They keep the plastic on the box spring like it would come from the store. TV was confusing, as it wasnt programmed right and switching channels took forever. I didnt bring a computer so I dont even know if they had wifi. I also didnt inquire about any sort of free breakfast. We slept fine, and werent disturbed. They seem to get a lot of construction workers, as a sign says "Please keep car radios down while driving through at X time as construction workers are sleeping" or something like that. It seem to be AMERICAN run and everyone spoke english. No night time security glass check in either. Theres almost no food around, but this neat convenience store across the street that everyone seems to go to for all sorts of food. For $51, id stay here again. It was cheap, clean and comfortable and had zero frills.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
embassyinn, General Manager at Gills Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Thank you for your feedback and review! We value all of our guests' opinions as it allows us to coach our staff accordingly. We apologize for the difficulty with the TV, and will address with our staff. For future stays, we do offer complimentary WiFi and a free continental breakfast as well. You are correct on the construction workers and American owned. The sign we display to respect all of our guests, not just the ones that sleep at night! Come back anytime, we would love to have you!

Reviewed 13 March 2013

My daughter and i decided to take a lil getaway with the grandbabys for a weekend ,Kids got fussy and it was late so we saw a motel from the road and decided to stop.They were so nice and a great rate too.Had a nice 2 room suite to gets kids settled in and the beds were so comfortabale and everything was so nice we decided to stay for whole weekend and close to everything! would definatly stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nanci t

Thank you for your review! Glad you and your family enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 July 2012

Stayed a week and decided to stay a month, not in the best shape bit well worth the money! I will be back!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank 123hotelcritic123

Thank you for your review, and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Stayed on a monthly basis. Would have been better if closer to town, or had included some more immenities with monthly rate.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 March 2011

Came down to do some tax shopping in Greensboro and it started raining pretty heavy on the way home. Decided to stop off of Highway 29 and this place was right off of the exit. There was a 24 hour gas station across the street with a deli that we grabbed a quick bite to eat. The front desk lady was very nice, and gave me a great rate that was way less than I figured for being so close to Greensboro. With tax I paid less than 50 bucks, and you can't beat that! The room was clean, the TV was big, and the bed was firm (which with my back was a huge plus sign!). When I checked out in the morning the guy running the desk said that they were remodeling some rooms and waiting on some new furniture. The room we stayed in did show some wear, but other than that, the place was clean. I slept like a baby, so obviously no noise outside which was a plus sign. My wife felt safe, so that's all that matters!

Everyone has a bad stay here and there as I just read the review, so I will be the first to say give them a shot, it was well worth the price I paid!

Oh and to the owners - we will be back in the summer when we take the kids school shopping in Greensboro!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2010

My family and I was travelling to Greensboro when our car started to overheat. We were twenty miles from Greensboro in the town of Reidsville. We walked to the Colonial Inn. I was a little sketchy because you don't know what you are going to get in an independent motel. The staff was very very helpful especially Seth. This place had a great value, clean rooms, 32 inch tv was in our room. Seth helped us find a tow truck and a great garage to fix our car for a decent price. This is a great place to stay and everybody working was American and could speak english. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2010

The rooms weren't bad. However thought the elderly lady was kinda rude. Not a very people minded person. The breakfast they had wasn't really enough, when i got there they wasn't juice they mentioned or the pasteries. Maybe improve the breakfast and charge alittle more. Other than that everything was good.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reidsville
Quality Inn
Holiday Inn Express Reidsville
Baymont Inn & Suites Eden
Quality Inn and Suites Airpark East
Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area

Been to Gills Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!