“Perfect for the price...”

Colonial Inn & Suites
and 1 more site!
Colonial Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Reidsville
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Perfect for the price...”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I had a party in my hometown of Reidsville for my birthday during Labor Day Weekend and needed a reasonable place for my out of town guests to stay. For the price of the hotel, it was fine, a little run down but it was better than expected. The front desk clerk was very nice and helpful & so was the housekeeping staff. The only thing I had a problem with was being able to get fresh towels and wash cloths, because on the morning we were leaving, we were told that we weren't allowed to get any because we were checking out. I understand that it was to conserve water and all, but still, it was more than 2 people in the room, and as females we like fresh towels and wash cloths!!! LOL...I usually bring my own, but it is what it is....other than that I had no issues at all!!!

Room Tip: We had an inside room, and it was cool...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
embassyinn, General Manager at Colonial Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
Thank you for your review! We apologize for the confusion on the towels. I believe the issue wasn't giving you towels, but I believe he did not have any at the time. Either way I will address the issue with our front desk staff and thank you again for your feedback! Glad to hear you had a great birthday weekend!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Me., my son , and my boyfriend had paid a week to stay here because it came recommended from some people at work. I had planned on staying at this motel for a month while I was working for proctor and gamble, outside of Greensboro. The rooms were very nice for the price. The pool and restaurant was closed down, and the outside was a bit worn., but besides that it seemed like a great deal. UNTIL,........ My boyfriend came for the weekend and we went out on that SAt. , the guy from house keeping was about to be to our room to clean when we started to leave. I told my boyfriend he needed to hide his very expensive prescription drugs before we left the room, in which we did. We got up the next morning and they were missing. My son and boyfriend had to be back in our home town that morning, so they started there drive home, and called the front office to report them missing, while on the road. They claimed to not have any idea what could have happened to his medicine, and said they would contact the motel owner. Three hours later the owner called and claimed that the employee doing the laundry , had found the medicine while doing the bed sheets when the bottle fell out of a pillow case. The bottle was no where near the pillowcases, sheets , or the bed at all. When I went to the office there was exactly half of the pills missing, and he would not hand the bottle over to me. In the mean time my boyfriend told him that the employee was lying about the bottle falling out of a pillowcase , and that half of the prescription costing 600$ was missing , why were we not told ( if what he said was true) that it had been found the previous day when we reported it missing that morning, and maybe my boyfriend should contact the police. The motel owner freaks out tells him he is not allowed back on the property, then calls me back to the front office screams and curses at me and tells me to get out of the motel. This happens to be around 10.30 am, on the last day of my paid week. I had to call a taxi, and pay for several trips to move mine and my sons things to another motel, because my son and boyfriend are on the way to our hometown 3 hours away with my truck. . I called the police and the had them retrieve what was left of my boyfriends medicine for him to pick up when he gets back. I never saw this coming, and was shocked to my core. They seemed really nice , until they stole from us, then when we complained, cursed us, lied to us and then kicked us out. I couldn't understand why the employee, who clearly stole from our room was not fired, until I found out .....he was the owners brother. The police claim they are investigating, but seem concerned not in the least.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
embassyinn, Owner at Colonial Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
Let me start by saying we apologize to anyone that has read this review for the discriminatory statements towards our employees and our establishment. The truth behind the story is simple. The supposed medication was hidden in the sheets or pillows of the bed, to be honest we are not exactly sure. Our laundry person found the medication and brought them to the front desk which is policy. Our front desk person did contact me, and I handed the prescription bottle over to the local police department which is standard policy with our establishment. This fact can actually be verified with the local law enforcement. When we were made aware of the issue with the room, I informed the registered party (the person who signed for the room) that I turned the medication over to the police department which was our policy, and with a copy of the proper precription the police department would return the medication to the name on the bottle. Without going into further details, the police department was not contacted about the medication as of today. We have guests leaving medication all of the time, but due to the fact it was a controlled substance, local laws state we must turn over to the police department in which we did.

I truly wish that the situation did not happen, and we at the Colonial Inn have had no prior issues to medication nor did we consider this an issue as we handled this in accordance with any other medication issue in the past.

To further the insult to our establishment, the guest is still with us at this time, which furthers the blatant attack against our organization. As you can see on Trip Advisor, we have never disputed a claim until now. We are a 100 room property located directly off of US Highway 29 with convenient access to Greensboro, and we do stay quite busy, especially with construction workers. In the 8 years that I have owned this property, we have done many things, but these accusations are absolutely preposterous and have caused us many issues. We assure all of our guests both past and present that staying at the Colonial Inn is not only safe, but a great value in and around the Reidsville area.

Thank you for the time everyone has taken to read this, we appreciate you as guests and welcome you at anytime.
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Clearly this was aold Holiday Inn or other upscale hotel back in the day. The room decor was very early 90s, but isnt wasnt horrible. The lobby was massive. I got a call in the afternoon saying they overbooked the hotel, and if it was ok to put us in a double bedroom twice the size. I agreed and advised we wouldnt be there till after 1am. I arrived and he knew exactly who I was! Check in went fairly smooth. The room we got was 2 standard rooms, with a door opening so you can go back and forth. One of the rooms had a couch and loveseat, mini fridge and microwave. Both rooms still had their bathrooms. The beds were decent. They keep the plastic on the box spring like it would come from the store. TV was confusing, as it wasnt programmed right and switching channels took forever. I didnt bring a computer so I dont even know if they had wifi. I also didnt inquire about any sort of free breakfast. We slept fine, and werent disturbed. They seem to get a lot of construction workers, as a sign says "Please keep car radios down while driving through at X time as construction workers are sleeping" or something like that. It seem to be AMERICAN run and everyone spoke english. No night time security glass check in either. Theres almost no food around, but this neat convenience store across the street that everyone seems to go to for all sorts of food. For $51, id stay here again. It was cheap, clean and comfortable and had zero frills.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and review! We value all of our guests' opinions as it allows us to coach our staff accordingly. We apologize for the difficulty with the TV, and will address with our staff. For future stays, we do offer complimentary WiFi and a free continental breakfast as well. You are correct on the construction workers and American owned. The sign we display to respect all of our guests, not just the ones that sleep at night! Come back anytime, we would love to have you!
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed 13 March 2013

My daughter and i decided to take a lil getaway with the grandbabys for a weekend ,Kids got fussy and it was late so we saw a motel from the road and decided to stop.They were so nice and a great rate too.Had a nice 2 room suite to gets kids settled in and the beds were so comfortabale and everything was so nice we decided to stay for whole weekend and close to everything! would definatly stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank nanci t
Thank you for your review! Glad you and your family enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Stayed a week and decided to stay a month, not in the best shape bit well worth the money! I will be back!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank 123hotelcritic123
Thank you for your review, and hope to see you again soon!
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Stayed on a monthly basis. Would have been better if closer to town, or had included some more immenities with monthly rate.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Amherst, VA
Reviewed 29 March 2011

Came down to do some tax shopping in Greensboro and it started raining pretty heavy on the way home. Decided to stop off of Highway 29 and this place was right off of the exit. There was a 24 hour gas station across the street with a deli that we grabbed a quick bite to eat. The front desk lady was very nice, and gave me a great rate that was way less than I figured for being so close to Greensboro. With tax I paid less than 50 bucks, and you can't beat that! The room was clean, the TV was big, and the bed was firm (which with my back was a huge plus sign!). When I checked out in the morning the guy running the desk said that they were remodeling some rooms and waiting on some new furniture. The room we stayed in did show some wear, but other than that, the place was clean. I slept like a baby, so obviously no noise outside which was a plus sign. My wife felt safe, so that's all that matters!

Everyone has a bad stay here and there as I just read the review, so I will be the first to say give them a shot, it was well worth the price I paid!

Oh and to the owners - we will be back in the summer when we take the kids school shopping in Greensboro!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple