The Elephant is one of a small group of quirky hotels and none the worse for that. Bedrooms are eccentric but comfortable, while the restaurant and bar are from another age. Chesterton would have enjoyed the village bar, with its excellent West Berkshire beers, while his wife might have preferred the lofty dining room. Both could have stayed where they were to eat: the obliging staff will happily serve wherever food is required, even in the huge and charming garden. The menu is dominated by location, with venison and other game and local butcher meat, all dexterously cooked and presented simply. There are no culinary pretensions or pyrotechnics here but this is a serious hotel in the great tradition of innkeeping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Elephant offers its guests an experience of quirky luxury and a warm welcome, whether staying overnight, dining in the restaurant, or having a relaxed drink in the bar. All 22 bedrooms are individual and furnished with handcrafted furniture, rich ornamental rugs and opulent fabrics. The bar, known as Babar, has a bistro feel, serving simple but excellent British produce, while the restaurant offers beautifully cooked unpretentious food in elegant surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Elephant at Pangbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Elephant At Pangbourne Hotel Pangbourne
- The Elephant Hotel Pangbourne
- The Elephant Pangbourne
- The Elephant At Pangbourne Berkshire