We liked this hotel. Stayed for two nights as part of a sightseeing tour (which included the Stanley Spencer Museum in Cookham). And we had a day in Oxford taking the train. It is slowish (40 mins) but avoids the usual parking nightmare at the other end, so a good way to do it.
The only disappointment was our evening meal in the restaurant, which was adequate but uninspiring. And rather quiet (though it was a Monday evening).
Hoorah for inclusive B&B and free wifi. Every hotel should provide both.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Elephant offers its guests an experience of quirky luxury and a warm welcome, whether staying overnight, dining in the restaurant, or having a relaxed drink in the bar. All 22 bedrooms are individual and furnished with handcrafted furniture, rich ornamental rugs and opulent fabrics. The bar, known as Babar, has a bistro feel, serving simple but excellent British produce, while the restaurant offers beautifully cooked unpretentious food in elegant surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Elephant at Pangbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Elephant At Pangbourne Hotel Pangbourne
- The Elephant Hotel Pangbourne
- The Elephant Pangbourne
- The Elephant At Pangbourne Berkshire