There is an attractive Indian theme with a huge elephant in the foyer. The food at The Elephant is very good indeed. An imaginative selection of dishes made with good fresh food. However, the service is usually very bad indeed. If you have a bar meal, the barmaid is likely to vanish so you can't ask for anything. Often cutlery is not supplied leaving the guests to go hunting through the dining room
I stayed in the hotel with my husband and dog and it was utterly frightful. It was the middle of Winter and the radiator did not work. There was a howling draft coming in under the one inch gap under the door. The sharp broken piece on the chair scrapped my leg and laddered my stockings. The room was filthy with a stained carpet. I wrote to list my complaints but never received a reply!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Elephant offers its guests an experience of quirky luxury and a warm welcome, whether staying overnight, dining in the restaurant, or having a relaxed drink in the bar. All 22 bedrooms are individual and furnished with handcrafted furniture, rich ornamental rugs and opulent fabrics. The bar, known as Babar, has a bistro feel, serving simple but excellent British produce, while the restaurant offers beautifully cooked unpretentious food in elegant surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Elephant at Pangbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Elephant At Pangbourne Hotel Pangbourne
- The Elephant Hotel Pangbourne
- The Elephant Pangbourne
- The Elephant At Pangbourne Berkshire