We have just spent the weekend staying at the Elephant in Pangbourne and I must say what a find. We were staying in the area and booked a room at the Elephant for £99. We had room23 which had it's own terrance opening onto the garden which was excellent. Good size room large very comfortable bed with interesting Indian theme running througout.
Dinner in the resturant was inexpensive £60 for two with a reasonable bottle of wine and I must say the food was really excellent. We travel extensivly and eat out in and out of London on a regular basis but the food at the Elephant was first rate. We did grab a quick and healthy lunch at the Ditty cafe in Pangbourne but the veneing meal and breakfast in the hotel were excellent. Staff on reception and in the resturant were very helpful and service was spot on. Will we return? without a doubt. Would I recommend it? absolutely. If you need a great little hotel in this area then the Elephant should be te place to choose.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Elephant offers its guests an experience of quirky luxury and a warm welcome, whether staying overnight, dining in the restaurant, or having a relaxed drink in the bar. All 22 bedrooms are individual and furnished with handcrafted furniture, rich ornamental rugs and opulent fabrics. The bar, known as Babar, has a bistro feel, serving simple but excellent British produce, while the restaurant offers beautifully cooked unpretentious food in elegant surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Elephant at Pangbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Elephant At Pangbourne Hotel Pangbourne
- The Elephant Hotel Pangbourne
- The Elephant Pangbourne
- The Elephant At Pangbourne Berkshire