“Lovely little place”

Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Pangbourne
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: An independent, family run, traditional Italian restaurant in the heart of Pangbourne. Originally opening in 1980, you can now find this trattoria style establishment just a short distance from central Reading, in Pangbourne.
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely food with great service from the staff. Very reasonably priced too. Enjoyed it for a nice but casual Saturday evening meal. They were very busy but food came quickly and the staff were always attentive.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My partner and I have been meaning to go to Nino's since it arrived in the village and finally did this weekend. The atmosphere is cosy and warm. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. Nino's son who is also called Nino was very accommodating and good at suggesting items on the menu. I had mussels to start and the fillet steak with rice and it's was gorgeous. Great value for money lovely authentic Italian food!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I have eaten here a couple of times when staying at The Elephant, just up the road. It is a great little Italian. The food is rustic but cooked to perfection. I have tried both the Lasagne and the Veal with Spaghetti. Both delicious. It is a little cramped, but that makes for the good vibe. Probably not the place for a romantic dinner though! The service is excellent and always friendly. The house red is also pretty good and reasonably priced. I will definitely make this one of my regular dinner spots when I'm in Pangbourne. It is definitely worth booking, as it quite a small place.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We turned up impromptu at 6.45 one evening, without a reservation. They squeezed us in. Great atmosphere and friendly, attentive waiter. All the food was excellent and well-priced. The thing that impressed me most? The fact that they bother to reply to negative feedback on Trip Advisor, and that they are able to explain problems in a very honest and open way.
We'll go back for sure.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Have been here a few times since moving to Pangbourne. Always enjoy the slightly crammed feeling which reminds me of most Italian restaurants in Milan. Food is great and wine OK.

Slight oddity is only getting large wine glasses when 'you order the expensive wine'. Otherwise you get small white wine size glasses to drink your cheap red....! Price doesn't necessarily make wine good or determine glass size!

Tongue in cheek review, but it did make me feel cheap!!

NinosRestaurant1, Manager at Nino's, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you for your positive review, and we are delighted that you enjoy the food, and the atmosphere we tried to create. We eagerly wanted to come back to you with a response however, regarding your comment about our wine glass policy.
The older vintage wines in theory should be opened in advance so that the wine has time to breathe. In the restaurant environment though that’s not possible to do, so we supply the larger glasses designed to encourage breathing meaning the wine is ready for consumption quicker. We agree that price doesn't ‘make wine good, or determine glass size’, however we go by the vintage of the wine being ordered, and it just happens that the older wine we stock is generally much better, and therefore also more expensive!
We certainly do not mean any disrespect when not providing larger glasses. In fact, our house red (also our cheapest red), I personally consider one of the nicest red wines we sell and is always the wine I enjoy with my spaghetti at home! Naturally though as a cheaper wine, it was produced more recently and therefore we don’t provide the larger glasses as the wine does not need it.
However on your next visit please feel free to ask for the larger glasses (even if it is to enjoy with a house red) like many other customers do, and we will be more than happy to change them over for you. Also, be sure to point yourself out to me, and I will get both you and I a glass of our wonderful (yet cheaper) house red on me, which we can enjoy together to ensure no hard feelings over the incident.
Grazie per i vostri commenti, and we look forward to seeing you again in at our trattoria soon.
Nino