“Diamond in the rough.”

Quality Inn Roanoke Rapids
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Roanoke Rapids
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I travel frequently for business and always stay here if I am anywhere near the area. The entire staff is the most considerate I have ever encountered at a motel. They are the perfect example of true customer service.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
qirrgm, General Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thanks Mrs. Kathy. Glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

We enjoyed a good night's rest after a long drive. The room was clean and well prepared for guests. The breakfast manager was very attentive to detail and gracious. She made sure everything was just right, and that her guests were taken care of in a very hospitable manner.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
qirrgm, General Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Thank you your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Paid $94 for the worse room ever stayed in. Smelled, rug torn, toilet dirty and I could go on and on. Just now found a bug in the sink. Entrance to the room was from the outside and the steps looked like they were ready to cave in.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed for one night and was very disappointed in the room. My room was dirty to the point where I didnt want to take my shoes off. The comforter had a huge burn mark and door didnt shut properly, it let a lot of light through. I wont be back.

• Stayed: July 2013

I do apoligize and I hope you will give our hotel another chance to offer you the service and stay that you deserve.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

It is always sad to write a review when the employees are so very good and the hotel is not. The reception ladies were so helpful and pleasant, but they really didn't have much to work with. The rooms are very shabby in desperate need of refurbishing. Our air conditioner was pulled out from the wall and made the room musty smelling. The carpets had holes and wear marks all through the unit.

On the bright side, the pool was beautiful and the breakfast very good and well presented. The lady working the breakfast was on the ball and stayed ahead of everything. Lots of choices..

I guess I would recommend this hotel for the price and the extras. I just with corporate would keep up better.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2013

After staying at a Quality Inn during a previous leg of the same trip, and finding the bed had looked like it had been slept in and stains on the bedspread, I was hesitant to stay in another. However, this property exceeded my low expectations.

The king bedding was clean, the surfaces were dusted, and I didn't need to run around under the shower head to get wet. However, the "High Speed" wireless Internet was anything but. Took a shower, brushed my teeth and dried my hair before Facebook would load on my mobile phone. Seriously. And in this day and age of battery-charged mobile devices, there were no easy-to-get-to electrical outlets, other than the one near the sink -- which is not a safe place for any electronics. I had to crawl under the desk to plug my charger in. Also the TV had some sort of gaming pad hooked up to it -- and getting it to actually change to TV mode took a whole lot of trial and error. Directions and a channel list would have been a helpful touch.

All in all, not a bad roadside stopover.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2013

We had a guaranteed reservation, which was required as because of traffic we arrived late. We did not receive the room booked no explanation given. Room was reasonably clean but beds were not Queen but very small double . The side of the hotel we were given was very noisy and the people were standing outside rooms very late. Shower would not work , water only came into the bathtub. Did not stay for breakfast so cannot comment on quality. We will not be staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: do not stay here