“Very Authentic Feel”
Review of El Tenampa

El Tenampa
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

On our way from South Carolina to Pennnsylvania, we needed a break and were hoping to find something unique and kid friendly. It was late when we found El Tenampa but they greeted us warmly. We had a great waiter. The food came out very fast and everything was delicious. It is a simple place but a refreshing alternative to the other common choices in town.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

If you really like Mexican food, this is the place. Friendly service, reasonable prices, and the food gets to you quickly and hot. Typical Mexican restaurant, a little on the noisy side which makes it a good place to bring the kids.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

Good food at great prices. Npt much to look at but wort the visit.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

El Tenampa is an inexpensive, friendly, casual restaurant and it has what to my taste is the best Mexican food in this area, and I usually get out for well under $10 unless I have a beer or two.

Reviewed 6 January 2012

We were looking for non-chain vegetarian food on I-95 (New Year's Eve) and went here based on the TripAdvisor reviews. The tortilla chips were OK, not great (to me they had a slightly burned flavor), and the salsa was neither fresh nor tasty. I had sides of potato taco and enchilada, which sounded intriguing, but had absolutely no spice or flavor, and were served in a tasteless flour tortilla. My husband thought his food was OK but felt sick the next day. Service was slow; atmosphere not cozy.