“Never again!”

Motel 6 Roanoke Rapids
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Roanoke Rapids
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We booked 2 rooms in advance For 4 th of July weekend. We were traveling from N.Y to South Carolina and needed a place to stay for one night , needless to say we left after a couple hours . The only pleasant thing about this whole experience was the attendant at the front desk . The hallways smelled of smoke and urine, and the rooms smelled worse. The air conditioners didn't work. The pool was absolutely discus ting !! There was garbage all over including underwear! Adults were drinking and smoking in the pool area, throwing cans and bottles in the grass. We were nervous about leaving our car in the parking lot. So needless to say we left . We will never go back to a motel 6 or recommend it to anyone ever!

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Christinadecker

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This property is convenient from I-95, and, is surrounded by restaurants all within a short walk. The motel is a bit dated and a little worse for wear. She needs a facelift and updating. However, our room was clean and comfortable. The desk clerk was outstanding and very helpful. We choose Motel 6 for their pet friendly policy whenever we travel with our dog(s). If you remember it's not the Ritz, you'll be OK with your choice to stay. The AARP discount makes the room for two less than $50.00 on weeknights. I guess we can do without a doorman!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Rick A
Reviewed 23 May 2014

It was getting late and I was exhausted, As I came up on this exit I saw billboards for two other cheap places at the same exit but decided to try this being it was a name brand. I figured it would be the safer choice. The woman at the front desk was attentive and had me on my way to my room efficiently. The room had that "wet dog" or dog urine type of smell to it. Otherwise the room was not bad, the bed was ok as was the bathroom. I didn't even open my bag I just went to lay down and realized I was just short of gagging from the smell. I figured I would put on the AC to try and get some fresh air in the room and it made such a bad rattling noise that I had to turn it off. I wound up passing out on the bed from exhaustion. The room was just as bad in the morning. I showered and ran out. This was the worst experience I have had in a motel in years.

Room Tip: Go someplace else!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank mjfster
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The hotel is hidden away and the entrance is hard to find. We arrived at night and the parking lot was dark and dingy with strange men prowling the area so it was a little disconcerting for a couple of ladies travelling on their own. Checking-in was quick and the front desk clerk was courteous. The price of the room was less than other chains we stayed at during our trip but that was probably because of the lack of room amenities ... no free wifi, no coffee machine, no fridge, no microwave and no free breakfast.... so the lesson here is you get what you pay for. Access to the building from the parking lot is controlled by a key card which was working so I felt a little better about our personal safety. The hallway carpet was stained and might have had an odor but we'll never know because someone had sprayed it with a heavily scented spray before we arrived. The room appeared clean however water was gushing from the water faucet in the shower... Luckily it didn't affect the water pressure in the shower. There is a Waffle House adjacent to the hotel's parking lot and many restaurants up or down the street so there were many places to catch a bite to eat. Access to the I95 is seconds away. Also to its credit, is that pets stay for free. I probably won't stay there again since there are better choices elsewhere on the I95.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank talbotcolleen
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My family and i were traveling thru from new York to home which was in Florida and we need a place to stay for a night, it wasn't that bad at first . However when we went up to the room the hallway smelled bad like smoke and food it was gross. Which didn't bother me that much cause i wasn't sleeping in the hall way. The room had a odor though like pee .the air conditioner didn't work and the room was stuffy and stinky.at that point I was too tired to care but looking back at it I wished we went some where else. My husband and I and my kids slept on top of the cover with our clothes on, the bed didn't looked cleaned and it was too hot in that room. I will never stay there again, next time I will pay the extra money and stay somewhere nice .By the way everybody in that town Roanoke Rapids is very rude.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kelly D
Reviewed 11 February 2014

The front desk was very friendly and helpful! The rooms were decent for the price. The pillows were heavenly!!! Close location to several restaurants, gas stations, etc. If you stay here, eat at Logan's - it was great! Only negative was trying to get to the motel, I believe we had to enter by the Waffle House.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Karla R
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed here 1 night. Front desk attendant very friendly. Hall way had a slightly unpleasant smell. Room and bathroom was clean and everything worked. Great location right off the highway and walking distance to several gas stations and restaurants. Definitely will stop by next time I'm in town.

1  Thank mesami19