“A Wonderful B&B”

Twin Magnolias Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed at the Twin Magnolias B&B last week. My best friend moved to Roanoke Rapids and she told me to stay at the B&B in town. I had a hard time finding it as Stacy didn't tell me the name so I looked it up on Travel Advisor and they listed 3 B&B's in town. I found out that there is only one B&B, the other two are motels. I would have thought a site as large as Travel Advisor would get that straight as they didn't list any phone numbers with any of the places listed. For the rest of you who may read this - the place is very clean, nice people and the breakfasts were great! I also read in big letters this B&B was listed 2nd out of 3 - which isn't true either. There is no 3 and the rest of it said "Sweet Breakfast and Dirty" Not true. Joan and Lisa (the owners) get off this site, they're killing you!

• Stayed: February 2014
5  Thank Crystal380

Reviewed 30 May 2013

I didn't know what Creme Brule was until we had breakfast at the Twin Magnolias. Lisa provided a magnificent looking plate, but it was a very sweet start to the day. The french toast was covered with syrup and whipped cream. The side dish was a yummy custard, but, the only protien was the bacon. We'd have preferred eggs and toast, but didn't think to suggest it the night before.

The room with the Sherlock Holmes memorabilia seems to be the nicer of the 2 rooms, and it is closest to the bathroom, with a private hallway. The dog gates on the guest room and living room doorways are unattractive, but it kept the two toy dogs from getting in the guest areas.

Roanoke Rapids is an unusual City with industrial areas mixed in among newer and older residential areas. The B&B is in an older section of downtown, but a very short drive to plenty of restaurants and sites. The nearby historic canal trail and museum are worth a visit and a hike.

Room Tip: The Baker Street room has a private access to the bathroom.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mysteryxpert
mystery2, Owner at Twin Magnolias Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2015

Both rooms have their own bathroom. This is in response to the guest who said the Baker Street room was near the "main" bathroom. Joan Vreeland Studer, Owner

Reviewed 7 April 2013

This was the last stop on our vacation and our most memorable one. We walked in as strangers and left as friends. Joan and Lisa are wonderful friendly folks who run a nice cozy place, where you can feel right at home. Lisa made us her wonderful Crème Brule French Toast along with sausage, grapes, and coffee. We will try to stop here more often on our travels because we enjoyed their company and enjoyed sharing stories. Only 10 minutes off of 95, and they greatly appreciate a 24 hour notice.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Arrowhuntr
Reviewed 28 March 2013

This b&b has comfy beds and nicely decorated rooms. The living room offers a relaxing couch for down time. The hosts provide a delicious home cooked breakfast. We ate a tasty egg soufflé in their warm and inviting kitchen.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Mnschumacher
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Mother and daughter, Joan & Lisa, run a warm and welcoming bed and breakfast. My husband and I stayed in the "Baker Street" room that has a queen-sized bed. The room was quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The private bath was spacious. In the morning, Lisa prepared us a fabulous breakfast of creme brulee french toast! My husband started his morning out by feeding the koi that live in the backyard pond. We will definitely return!

Room Tip: The "Baker Street" room has a queen-sized bed.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank 757JLVan
Reviewed 27 May 2009

Close to I-95, this bed and breakfast was accommodating and charming, even when we showed up rather late with no notice. My friend and I stayed in the lovely ocean-themed room and felt right at home. The breakfast provided was filling and delicious. It cost about the same as staying in a typical hotel chain and we felt it was well worth visiting.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends