“Great seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood
Valdosta, Georgia
“Great seafood”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

The food here was great and the portions were so large that everyone had to take a to go plate home. The food was seasoned perfectly, nothing had to be added at the table, we will be going there again.

Visited July 2013

Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
“All Customers Are NOT Treated Equally”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Went in this Saturday afternoon for a late lunch of a dozen oysters and a beer. The place was entirely empty, which I did not mind at all. Chatted a bit with the server/bartender, including asking about the size of the oysters (I had indicated that I prefer larger ones), then put my order in. He disappeared in the back, I assume to prepare my order. Another customer came in, and the server came out to greet her - apparently they were somewhat acquainted. She too ordered a dozen oysters and sat down a few swats down from me. My order came out, and the oysters were anemic looking and did not seem to be consistent with the shells that they were in. I then saw him shuck the other customer's order behind the raw bar (I started wondering why my oysters were prepared in the back), and then he brought out some big, plump, juicy looking oysters for her. What in the world? These were tasteless, small oysters and not worth a dime, let alone $12.99. I will be contacting the owners directly.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank robbie g
Ebony, Virginia
“GUY LUNCH- COLD BEER AND REASONABLE PRICES”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Not very busy at lunch but food was good and beer was cold. Two things that will usually please the guys.

Visited February 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Looks like a restaurant that is just about to close down.”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

There's a negative energy in this place. The same negative energy has seemed to take over Roanoke Rpaids so it may just be the economic downturn. The food was just mediocre. I had a very watery salad. The chicken wings were sloppy slippery and both of the ladies had trouble holding onto them. They were meaty but not much flavor. The grilled shrimp were not grilled, and they were popcorn size, but my daughter said they were tasty. The potato skin appetizers were also tasty. The decor is somewhat warehouse like. Not a fancy place. The kitchen is visible from the floor and everybody working there just looks exhausted and depressed.

I think this little city needs a serious boost. I won't go back to Sharkey's myself, but I can't call it a total bust. You wont hate it, but you won't love it.

• Visited July 2012
“We loved Sharky's so much....great food and lots of bang for your buck!”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We unexpectedly ended up in Roanoke Rapids overnight & needed to find a place for dinner. We were so pleased with our experience at Sharky's!! Everything was great. The fish was so fresh & the service was great too...and the portions are huge!!! If ever in this area again we would definitely return to Sharky's! The owner was so nice and warmly greeted us and chatted for a few. Much better than the impersonal staffs at chain restaurants! Our child wanted "crapplebees".....and she loved her shrimp and sweet potato! Check it out!!!

1 Thank Mishypoo