“Perfect stop over off I-95! Clean, affordable, and friendly. WiFi not great”

and 1 more site!
RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We found this new campground quite by accident. The billboards really helped - although we don't usually go for locations based upon billboard marketing.
Pros: Very clean! Very affordable - $34 per night (using the Good Sam discount) for full hookup. Spacious lots. Some have very nice gazebos with picnic tables. Others have only picnic tables outside. Dump station available if you prefer dry hookup ($30/night). Propane available on site. . Large, airy clubhouse with pool table, darts, other other games available. Heated pool - although not available during our stay. Hot tub was very nice to use after a long day on the road. Very nice clean showers and restrooms. Friendly staff. Continental breakfast. Easy-to-find off a few miles off I-95. Cabins available too
Cons: No shade; slow/poor wi-fi (I had to connect to my wi-fi hotspot to write this review). Occasionally a bit noisy - (train, dirt bikes, some traffic)

Room Tip: If you want shade outside, ask for a lot with a gazebo :)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank CAMerrill1

Reviewed 11 March 2014

This is a gem of an RV park. It is right off I-95 and a perfect
stop over when travelling from NYC to the warmer climates.
The staff was friendly and helpful and the grounds were
very well kept. The restrooms/ showers were immaculate and
decorated in a classy and whimsical style. It was nicer than
some of the hotels along I-95. They, also , have a few very well
appointed cabins.
A definite repeat.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank elenaa
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Great park just several miles off the interstate. Well kept, sites are gravel or paved. All pull through. They pick up trash at your site. Large dog run area! They even have express sites at a lower price if you come in after 6. Truly a campers campground.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jean W
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We were looking for a place to stay overnight that had power so that we could run the small electric heater for the cold night. I called in to check on availability and they said they had plenty of open slots. The full hook up sites were $33.75 with the Good Sam’s discount versus $30 for just power for the express sites. The let me know that they had self-check-in after the office closed at 5. The location is close to the interstate, less than 2 miles off but far enough away that the Interstate traffic was just a faint hum. We go checked in and hooked up. They have 22 cable channels, unfortunately many of them are fuzzy. The wifi speed was also slow. The park is truly full service, showers, pool, hot tub, laundry, rec room with kitchen and a dog run. I would stay there again and transiting through but I am not sure I would spend the extra 4 dollars on cable.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sail_or_Dive
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Nice clean campground, we did the $30 overnight express. Wifi does not work on this side of campground.its what we use for TV.Also sight not level. My second time here over all a nice rv park. Beautiful pool and rec hall. It's only a couple years old so everything's in new cond.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alan E
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stopped here for one night and were extremely impressed with the facility. Designed for I-95 travelers, this campsite is located just off I-95 in Roanoke Rapids, NC. We thought we'd grab the overnight special - $30 for a single night if you arrive after 6 p.m. - but opted to spend a bit more for the cable and wifi access. Most of the sites are pull-thru, and all have full-hook ups. There is a pool and spa (which was a welcome relief after a long day on the road) as well as the nicest facilities I've seen yet! The shower facilities rival country clubs! The laundry area was also very clean. I was surprised at the number of travelers - the campground was very busy. Yet, it was very quiet - we didn't even hear the I-95 traffic noise. We will definitely stop back when our travels take us that way.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Debbie P
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We stopped here for only one night. The place is clean, well organized, the washroom facilities are impeccable. I wish we could have spent more time here. If this place was in Florida, it would be booked solid for the entire winter. It was really nice. The cost for one night was only $25.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple