“Nice Get Away Weekend”

and 1 more site!
RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I actually won my 2 night stay at RV Resorts through an event that I attended. But I will say, that this has to be the cleanest most well kept campground I've ever stayed in the past. We had the deluxe cabin, which had all the amenities and personal touches. The pool & hot tub are clean, well kept and the tube slide is a great attraction. There is a small putt-putt area and a dog run. The shower house and laundry room remind me of hotel type rooms, they are not typical campground shower houses. The staff, Theresa & Mike are very nice people that are not put out with request and are always willing to go above and beyond. This is a place that was very much worthy of the grand prize that I won. We will be back for another get away.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We look forward to getting here and off the road. The owner and staff are very friendly and knowledgable usually only stay one night but last time stayed two and there is much to do and see in the area. Recommend this Resort highly!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mollie K
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is just a fabulous place to stay if you need an overnight or two while traveling on I-95. If someone were going to design the perfect overnight RV stop, this place would be it. Check in was quick, and we were right in our spot and eating dinner before we knew it. We stayed on a paved site with our 34 foot motorcoach. After a week at the beach and on our way home, this was a great place for us to clean up and pack up before reaching home. Everything is new, clean, and very well maintained. The pool and activities area was really nice. The dogs loved the big dog park. It was super affordable at $38 a night with our Good Sam Club discount.

There was a big Shiners camping group having a rally while we were there. They raved about the place and what a great job they did of supporting them. Everyone seemed to be having a good time. I would normally consider this an overnight spot, but with the Shiners comments, this would also be a great place to bring your camping group.

I'm not sure why, but they were not thrilled to take reservations. They did agree to take a reservation for me which I appreciated. Maybe the place is so big and new that they don't worry about filling up? Because they cater to the off-on I-95 crowd, maybe they are dealing with people that may or may not make it? Still, as nice as this place is, I suspect they will have to turn people away at some point. If you are on a tight schedule on a summer weekend, and you know you need a reservation, call and ask if they would make one for you. The owners are really nice people and go out of their way to make your stay as convenient as possible.

Yes, we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There isn't a bad site in the entire place. If you are just passing through for a quick night...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Luv2Travel_DoU
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads has a lot to offer. It’s conveniently located right off of 95 and makes for a very popular overnight stay. But, if you stay longer, you will not be disappointed. My husband and I stayed more than one night because we move slowly. We stayed for a week over Easter weekend with our two dogs.

First of all, this place is literally two minutes from the I-95 exit, so if you’re tired it’s a great place to stop. They allow for overnight/late-night check-ins, and have ample room in their overflow lot. The park itself is based on a grid and is very square and simple. The RVs are lined up in rows with ample space (about 15-20 feet with extra space for slides) between each site includes either a picnic table, a gazebo, or a lawn… depending on where your spot is located.

The aesthetics aren’t amazing and it could certainly stand to have a few trees to offer a little shade in the center of the park, but it’s functional and clean. About half of the spots are paved (and slightly more expensive) and half are unpaved. All of them seemed to be level and there were very few rigs with leveling blocks set up.

The staff is super friendly and strictly enforces the rules to make sure that everyone has a safe stay. Pretty much around the clock someone was driving around in their golf-cart to ensure that everything was running smoothly and that their guests were happy. We had an experience with another guest’s dog who broke loose from his line and a staff member was there immediately (without being called) to make sure that we were okay and that the situation was under control and other staff members followed-up with us the next day. Every morning there is a complimentary breakfast run by the staff consisting of coffee, tea, juice, cereal, bagels, and english muffins held in the rally room. The big screen TV is set to the weather so you can easily plan your trip while waking up and conversing with fellow travellers.

The water tasted great needing only minor filtration. The electricity was consistent even when the place was filled up. The wifi, however, left much to be desired as it kicked you off as often as it could—when it worked at all. It almost seemed that it would be better for them to not offer any wifi at all and not promote one that was so flaky. Cable TV was also available at some of the sites.

The dog park is spacious and fenced in and was able to keep big dogs happy with the amount of running room. Some of the other guest’s petiquette was kind of poopy though. Even though the park itself provided clean-up bags in three different locations throughout the park, not many of the other guests picked up after themselves so you need to watch your step. There was also a good deal of standing water in the back corner of the dog park.

The laundry room is well stocked with enough washers and dryers to handle a few people’s laundry at the same time, but the machines are bit dated and the dryer can take up to twice as long as expected. There is a change machine though and that is quite useful for when you are running low. They the same room as storage for more table and chairs for their rally room, so it looks cluttered and the change machine can be hidden behind one of the piles of tables—but it’s there and it works.

There is a covered outdoor rec area by the pool and hot tub that includes a huge fireplace and a pool table, as well as a few other activities. The pool was just opening when we were about to leave, so I’ll have include that in another review the next time I stay (which I will be doing!) There is also miniature golf and a small playground on site for the kids and… here is a really neat geocache—which I thought was a really nice addition for us geocachers.

In the distance, you can hear trains. They are not close and they are not obnoxiously loud, but you can hear them. You can also hear the trucks on I-95 late at night… but only because the park is so quiet. Overall I can confidently say that this will be our go-to destination anytime we’re traveling I-95 through North Carolina.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Valerie S
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We found this new campground quite by accident. The billboards really helped - although we don't usually go for locations based upon billboard marketing.
Pros: Very clean! Very affordable - $34 per night (using the Good Sam discount) for full hookup. Spacious lots. Some have very nice gazebos with picnic tables. Others have only picnic tables outside. Dump station available if you prefer dry hookup ($30/night). Propane available on site. . Large, airy clubhouse with pool table, darts, other other games available. Heated pool - although not available during our stay. Hot tub was very nice to use after a long day on the road. Very nice clean showers and restrooms. Friendly staff. Continental breakfast. Easy-to-find off a few miles off I-95. Cabins available too
Cons: No shade; slow/poor wi-fi (I had to connect to my wi-fi hotspot to write this review). Occasionally a bit noisy - (train, dirt bikes, some traffic)

Room Tip: If you want shade outside, ask for a lot with a gazebo :)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank CAMerrill1
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This is a gem of an RV park. It is right off I-95 and a perfect
stop over when travelling from NYC to the warmer climates.
The staff was friendly and helpful and the grounds were
very well kept. The restrooms/ showers were immaculate and
decorated in a classy and whimsical style. It was nicer than
some of the hotels along I-95. They, also , have a few very well
appointed cabins.
A definite repeat.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank elenaa
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Great park just several miles off the interstate. Well kept, sites are gravel or paved. All pull through. They pick up trash at your site. Large dog run area! They even have express sites at a lower price if you come in after 6. Truly a campers campground.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple