“1/2 Built and Still Awesome!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Carolina Crossroads Entertainment Complex
Reviewed 13 January 2007

My family and I went to see the first show at the Carolina Crossroads location. Big and Rich and Jason Aldean played to a crowd of about 20,000+.

It is important to note that Carolina Crossroads is in the process of being built to resemble venues like Alltel Pavillion at Walnut Creek in Raleigh, NC. The location where the concerts are currently being held is a temporary set-up near the build-site of the future Carolina Crossroads pavillion.

I've been to plenty of concerts in plenty of places and, I have to admit, even though the concert was "in the middle of a field", Carolina Crossroads could not have done a better job for their first concert. I have run into more headaches with long lines for concessions, drinks, bathrooms etc. at more established venues. The security was top-notch and, even though we'd found a sitter for the kids, I appreciated the "family only--no alcohol" area that was available.

I was very impressed with the job Carolina Crossroads did with the Big and Rich concert and I've heard that the following concerts were just as well done. I am amazed at the big name performers they are able to schedule and I only imagine that more big names are on the way once the place is fully up and running.

I'd go to another concert at Carolina Crossroads in a heartbeat!

2  Thank JennGNc

Reviewed 22 August 2006

We attended a concert on August 19, 2006. We were mislead by the website for Carolina Crossroads. It appeared that a first rate concert venue had been built in Rocky Mount, NC. Since two of our favorite performers were scheduled we decided to invest the money, purchase tickets and drive 110 miles each way. There are no interesting things to do near Rocky Mount so we elected not to stay overnight.
The concert venue is a temporary stage set up in the middle of a field. There is no shelter from the sun or rain, not even for those that purchase chair seats in the platinum section. The floor is grass and dirt or mud (if wet). There is no permanent foundation, paving, sidewalks, lighting, etc. There is no plumbing, only portable facilities. If we had known in advance we would not have bothered with the journey. It was an embarrassment that our musical guests should have to perform in such a primitive environment. Their performance reflected the situation also. Anyone wishing to see their favorite artists should stick to the large cities where professional venues have been established, ie; Walnut Creek in Raleigh or the Pavillion in Charlotte. We certainly won't go to Rocky Mount again.

4  Thank love2wander12