“Terrible Housekeeping” 2 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
delaware
“Terrible Housekeeping”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2009

Stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina, July 3, 2009 and July 4, 2009. Room and bathroom were clean on July 3, 2009 upon checked in. However, on July 4, 2009 upon returning to room after 11:00 p.m., the bathtub appeared to not have been cleaned, the used bathtub mat was still on floor next to bathtub, bathroom floor appeared not to have been cleaned, and the trash can in the bathroom and room still had trash in them. My husband, adult son and daughter, and myself all had left the room by 9:00 a.m. the morning of July 4 and did not return until 11:00 p.m. that night. My daughter and I both wanted to shower and I reported to the clerk at the front desk the condition of the bathroom and our disappointment in housekeeping. I was told that there wasn't anyone on duty to clean the bathtub and also, that no one on duty had access to any cleaning products. Therefore, the next morning we all used the bathtub that had not been cleaned. Also, my family and I lost at least 2 hours of sleep trying to resolve the problem that was not resolved for us during our stay.

• Stayed July 2009
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
HGIRoanokeRapids, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this review, 17 July 2009
Greetings:

I am very sorry to hear of your experience here at our hotel. Please be assured that your experience is not typical at our hotel and that guest satisfaction is our top priority. Our commitment to an exceptional guest service experience is a priority for each and every team member. Sadly, there are times when we do fail and it appears that we have done so in your case. I would invite you to contact me at the hotel (252-519-2333) and ask to speak with me so that I can address your concerns personally.

Respectfully,
Kevin B.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Chincoteague Island, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2009

Family stayed one night booking two rooms while traveling from Maryland to South Carolina. Property easy to find from I-95, but once off highway, confusing entrance into hotel parking lot. Property is nicely laid out, good landscaping and clean, pleasant appearance. Property seems new. Has typical look of Hilton Garden Inns once in lobby. We arrived just after a thunder storm had passed through and the check in person was having some difficulty with the computer. Not a big issue, espcially since I am a computer tech and we were just happy to be there. What bothered us is harsh way the person in the back who came out to help with the computer spoke to the front desk clerk. We checked in, went to the rooms exhausted after a long drive. My son and I went to the pool. It was clean, as were the walking surfaces around the pool.
Overnight was fine, no noise, no sounds from other rooms. The real issue I have came the next day at breakfast. We were seated and the waiter told us that we have a buffet breakfast, great we said, and he told us to help ourselves. Familiar with what this means (we thought) we asked for coffee and walked up. The chef/cook seemed surprised at us being there, but took our request for omlettes and scrambled eggs. At this poin the waiter came up to us while at the buffet to take our order. I was confused, as was my wife. We stood there and gave him the order all around the table. We then went to sit down. Coffee eventually came some time after that and finally 4 of the 5 breakfasts. My wife's was another 10 minutes after that. While waiting, our waiter disappeared completely so we got no more coffee or service. I should mention that we were the only people in the restaurant at this time and it was a Saturday morning. Eventually her food arrived. The biggest surprise was the bill. Breakfast for 5 was over $50. We had been told at the front desk that the children age 7 and 11 either ate for free or for a discounted price. When I questioned this, the waiter simply told me that "she was mistaken." We paid and left. I'm not a fan of craker barrel at all, but that would have been an improvement over this food experience, and would have cost us less. Hotel, rooms and lodging side are great. I would avoid the confusion of the dining side. I burned Hilton Honors points for these two rooms so I'm not sure if I should complain or not.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Osprey Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2009

We travel from Maine to Florida and back every year, and we're always looking for good hotels where we and our labradoodle are welcome. This hotel is lovely! It has all the comforts you'd wish, including a pool and gym, an in-house restaurant and a full breakfast available. There is plenty of room for your furry friend to roam. The hotel is new, neat, really very nice indeed, and they offer nice little added touches like fresh cookies in the afternoon..

Not knowing that the hotel had an in-house restaurant, we googled local restaurants and found David's Restaurant in Roanoke Rapids, a gem of a small restaurant where they even offered to take water out to the car for our dog. The fresh oysters were the best I've ever had, and my husband's crabcake couldn't be beat. What a relief from the omnipresent fast food offered at so many stops along I95. Although we're seafood fans, David's had many other delicious choices, including steak, veal, pasta and chicken dishes. We will go out of our way to return to the Hilton Garden Inn and to David's.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Jamestown, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2009

My husband and I stayed here for barely 8 hours to split a weekend of driving. The hotel is just off I-95 and easy to find, although the entrance is a little tricky. Our room was huge--easily the size of 2.5-3 standard hotel rooms. (It was near the center of the hotel, so maybe other rooms are smaller?) We got the room for $95 online, the check-in and check-out were quick, and the bed was comfortable. Toiletries were Neutrogena, which is a nice upgrade from generic hotel soaps. Overall, this is an excellent hotel that has more amenities than I'd ever expect from one without a huge amount of travel destinations in the immediate area.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Columbia, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2009

We usually stay at the Hampton Inn in Emporia, VA to break our trip up, but they did not have any available rooms (probably due to Spring Break travelers). So we drove 30 minutes further and stayed here instead. It is also part of the Hilton chain so we would get our Honors points. We loved everything about this hotel exept that the continental breakfast was $5.95 per person and the hot breakfast was $9.95 per person. I was used to having the free breakfast at the Hampton Inn. So we ended up going to Bojangles for breakfast. Other than that, this hotel was very, very nice. They also have an indoor pool which we look for when taking long car trips with the kids. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. We would stay here again if there wasn't a Hampton Inn to choose from. (We just enjoy having the free breakfast available because it's quick, easy, and convenient.)

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HGIRoanokeRapids, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this review, 19 April 2009
Greetings!

My name is Kevin and I am the General Manager of the Hilton Garden Inn. Thank you so much for sharing your kind comments about our hotel. Our team is extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

During your next trip through the area, keep in mind you can always book our current meal promotion. Right now, HGI's are offering breakfast for up to 4-people in our Spring Meal Deal package. If this interests you, simply mention it to our reservations agents when calling. If you have more than two people traveling, it's definitely a SAVINGS!

We hope that on your next trip through our area, we can look forward to welcoming you back!

Respectfully,

Kevin Boudreaux
Mt Laurel NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2009

We arrived late at night and were met with a professional staff and an extremely clean hotel. Everything was top notch. They serve dinner until 10pm and the breakfast was well prepared and tasty. A reasonable rate of 89 plus tax. This hotel is not your typical I 95 corridor dump. Plan your stay it will be filled on the busy times.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2009

All I can say is WOW! I am in the hotel industry and am amazed at the quality of the accommodations, the professionalism and friendliness of the staff and its a very convenient location to I 95. When I stay in Hilton properties I come to expect above and beyond service and performance as that is the Hilton way and I got it this time. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone in the Roanoke Rapids Area. Great Job goes out to the team and their leaders.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
Hampton Inn Emporia
Hampton Inn Emporia
#1 of 12 in Emporia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Emporia

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids? Share your experiences!