“Still a great hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Roanoke Rapids
VA
“Still a great hotel!”
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I stayed here Labor Day weekend for an Annual Family reunion. I'd stayed here last year and thought it appropriate to do so again. This time I travelled with my fiance' and my son. The staff was still very friendly and very helpful. The food was still good and I enjoyed the hot waffles--as did my son.

I ungraded to a King this time with the pullout sofa bed for my son. The King has a refrigerator and microwave in the room. I used both with no problems.

All in all, it is still a great hotel and I still recommend it for your needs.

Pros: Love the free wi-fi. It was so needed.
Con: Hotel prices on the holiday are SO expensive.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank johnstonsm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 12 September 2011

On the evening of Saturday August 27th my family was traveling home after spending a week in Myrtle Beach. As you know Irene hit the east coast Friday night into Saturday. We were traveling on Interstate 95 when conditions started to become increasingly bad. Trees were down on the highway and it was quickly starting to concern my husband and I. So around 7 pm our family decided to try to find a place to stay for the evening. All nearby hotels were booked and we had no place to stay for the night. We came upon the Hampton Inn. I asked the hotel manager on duty if we could rest in the lobby for a while. She without hesitation said yes. The hotel had a generator enabling lights, coffee, and a TV. Heaven in this situation! The staff did their absolute best to keep everyone comfortable. They offered ice cream, muffins, cereal bars and water since most hadn’t had dinner due to the power outage. Every staff member from maintenance to management went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and safe. Lighting was put in place around the lobby and in the restrooms. They were really on top of the situation.

After a few hours we decided to go to our car to sleep. The hotel manager offered comforters and a place on the floor in the conference room so my children didn’t have to spend the night in the car. We were most grateful and took her up on the offer.

In the morning, the entire staff from the night before was still at the hotel. They had a continental breakfast ready and waiting for their guests. And even though they had a most stressful night they were all still so pleasant and helpful. The staff at the Hampton Inn Roanaoke Rapids, NC were truly our angels for the night.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank eandjsmom0504
West Islip, New York
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My family stayed here on a trip from NY to Charleston. The hotel is convenient to I-95. The beds were extremely comfortable and the room was very clean. (We had three rooms in total). Early morning breakfast was enjoyable with many choices. I would recommend this hotel for a quick stopover or a longer stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank plan_a_trip
Marcus Hook, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Check in was courteous and quick. Room is clean and comfortable.

• Stayed September 2011
Burlington, ON
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We stopped at this hotel for an overnight stay on our road trip to Myrtle Beach. Having stayed in a few Hampton Inns before, I was hoping this would meet our expectations. However I was pleasantly surprised that it far exceeded our expectations and was a beautiful hotel and room. We booked a queen suite and it was Huge! Everything was sparkling clean and like new condition. The beds were excellent, the bathroom was lovely and it had a desk as well as a couch area for lounging. The breakfast the next morning was excellent as well, with a waffle station and eggs and bacon as well as the usual pastries, cereal etc. This was exactly what we needed after a long day of driving and then waking up the next day to face another long day of more driving. Wish we could have stayed longer and definitely wished our hotel in Myrtle Beach had been this nice!

Room Tip: I booked in advance and got a better rate.The suites are definitely worth the price!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Liz068
Hempstead, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We have stayed here twice on our way back from Florida and love it. However, the staff at this hotel have a special place in our family's heart because they returned my daughter's stuffed dog Molly after our last stay. My daughter left Molly in the sheets and she didn't realize it until we were too far to turn back. I called and they found her and mailed her home. The hotel itself is so clean and comfortable. If your looking forba clean, safe, comfortable place for your family to stay, this is it!

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank karlaisatthebeach
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Traveling from FL to NYC a few times a year I always seem to stop in lower VA for the evening, this time I only made it to upper NC. This Hampton Inn was in a convenient location next to 95, easy to get too, there's a cracker barrell, gas station and a few fast food places within walking distance. I had a 2 bed queen facing the highway, the hotel itself is set fairly far back next to a Sleep Inn and another hotel (can't remember the name). The room itself was clean, modern, and the staff was friendly. Bathroom was recently renovated, no issues there. The shower head could use replacing but no big deal. Continental breakfast was fairly good, basic stuff, bagels, cereal, some hot foods. Free coffee. Not a bad place to crash while traveling.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Hampton Inn Emporia
Hampton Inn Emporia
#1 of 12 in Emporia
Baymont Inn & Suites Roanoke Rapids

Been to Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids? Share your experiences!