“Typical Hampton Inn not so typical guests”

Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Roanoke Rapids
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This is the second time I have stayed here on trips along 95. This will be the last. It is a typical Hampton Inn in all respects. The decor, the staff, the design, are all standard Hampton Inn. The biggest knock which leads into the other issue is the walls are paper thin. You will hear your neighbors opening and closing their door as well as I heard their phone ring. The next issue is that the hotel seems to be popular with locals having hotel parties. Not really sure why they choose this hotel, but both times I have been there that has been the case. From about mid night until 2am our neighbors were slamming their door and laughing and yelling it up in their room. Obviously most people staying in a road side hotel are there to get rest. It took 3 calls to the front desk before the issue was resolved. While the staff did react in a no nonsense manner the fact that it took 2hrs to correct the issue is not acceptable. I realize that the hotel has no control over other guests, but there should be a zero tolerance with noise issues. After the first call they should have moved them or told them that they will be removed. Instead it took 3 calls from me and I several others as well before the party was moved. Granted I was offered their 100% satisfaction guarantee, but I would have much rather paid for a quiet room and got the much needed rest I had expected.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Thank you for giving us your feedback concerning your stay with us. Guest feedback is very important to us and we appreciate your comments. Your comments have been shared in our team huddle as a training tool for our guests. We love having you here and hope we get to serve your lodging needs again. Have a great day.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

I guess it was the first impression.I was partial to Hampton Inns up until this one. When I walked in after an exhausting drive from Florida the two girls were too busy chatting to welcome me or pay attention. I had to wait until they were finished with their gossip to get my room. Afriend of mine had even recommended the comfort INN at this exit and I had opted for this instead as I like Hampton Inns.

Room Tip: choose another hotel there are PLENTY at this exit
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank irishchic61
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. Guest feedback is very important to us and we greatly appreciate your comments. We are deeply sorry with the way you were handled at check in. We expect our staff to be professional when it comes to our guests and we are so sorry that this did not happen during your stay with us. Your comments will be shared at our team huddle as a training tool. We love having you here and hope we get to serve your lodging needs again.

Reviewed 19 June 2012 via mobile

Helpfully staff, super friendly and in a great location.... Great hotel!

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 21 June 2012

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. We love guest feedback and really appreciate your comments. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We love having you here and hope we get to serve your lodging needs again.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

I'm somewhat partial to Hampton Inns, free breakfast, free wi-fi,clean, quiet and safe -- and under $150.00 a night. However, the Roanoke Rapids Hampton Inn was a step above the usual. The room was spacious, with refrigerator, microwave, couch, and a desk with a chair on either side. Plenty of electric outlets. The bathroom had a large countertop and a walk-in shower with great water pressure. In the evening there was popcorn and apples in the lobby. Staff was friendly and helpful. Beds were comfortable, and quilts were not suffocatingly hot. If you are travelling I-95 and need to stop near the NC/VA border, this is the place.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Percilla W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to do a review on trip advisor. We are so glad you use Hampton Inn's and are so thankful you choose us as your place of lodging. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We love having you here and hope we get to serve your lodging needs again.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

Great place to stop on I95. Nice rooms and nice breakfast selections. Will use again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to do a review on trip advisor. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We love having you here and hope we get the pleasure of serving your lodging needs again.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

As a hotel manager, I enjoy reading positive feedback from guests on trip advisor. My Wife, 2 year old son and I stayed here one night back in April on our way back to New Jersey. The Room was clean and the beds were comfortable which are the two most important things after a long day of traveling. Hotel was very quiet which allowed us to have a good night's sleep. There was a Cracker Barrel right across the street which we got take out took back to the room.I enjoyed a few cold ones from the Hotel Gift Shop while Our Son Enjoyed the free cookies and popcorn. The breakfast in the morning provided a quick and easy meal. The Staff was very friendly and courteous. My Wife and I have decided that when traveling on the road we will only Stay at two Hotel Chains, One of them is Hampton Inn based on this experience alone.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Percilla W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write on trip advisor. Guest feedback is very important to us and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We love having you here and hope we get to serve your lodging needs again. Have a great weekend.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

This is a nice property. They keep it very clean. Very helpful staff. Close to the interstate as well as quite a few restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Percilla W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write concerning your stay with us. Guest feedback is very important to us and we appreciate your comments. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We love having you here and hope we get to serve your lodging needs again. Have a great week.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Roanoke Rapids
0 mi away
Sleep Inn Roanoke Rapids
Sleep Inn Roanoke Rapids
#6 of 8 in Roanoke Rapids

Been to Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids? Share your experiences!