“Pet Friendly Room”

Sleep Inn Roanoke Rapids
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Roanoke Rapids
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Stayed here one night. One night too many. Brought small dog with us, so had to stay in pet friendly room. Room reaked of overly powerful air freshener. Fourtunatley I never travel without scented candles. unable to open windows. Bolted shut. Fire Hazard? But worst of all, Comforter Reaked of Urine. To add final insult to injury, bitten by bugs overnight. Probably fleas, not bedbugs. Also picked up a tick. For this I paid $114.00? I could've stayed at a Motel 6 for this kind of room. Would not reccomend this hotel or chain to anyone. The only reason I didn't rate this hotel a single star is because it didn't have bedbugs.

Room Tip: Don't travel with a dog, it severly limits your options.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Only stayed one night,but loved the stay. The Hotel was very clean,staff very helpful. The location was perfect,near plenty of restaurants,right off the highway,and the breakfast (Hot and cold) was very good as well. I would definetly recommend this hotel and stay again myself.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
tejash p, General Manager at Sleep Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Reviewed 11 March 2013

Stayed here on our drive home in March. The king room was fairly small but very clean and neat. The king bed was fitted with two wonderful sheets with a comforter between. The bed was as wonderful as could be had in this type of hotel. The front desk was very accommodating and tried to put us on a floor with few people so we could get a good nights sleep.
I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: March 2013
tejash p, General Manager at Sleep Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

thank you so much for doing a review on trip advisor. We appreciate for your wonderful comments about our hotel.it's always a pleasure hearing that we met and exceeded our guest expectations and hope we get the pleasure of serving your lodging needs again. It was such an honor to have you as our guest.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

On way to Florida. Hotel is very nice. Beds comfortable. LaToya at front desk was very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was the usual. Sleep Inns are usually very reliable and this one definitely was.
Good value.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
tj p, General Manager at Sleep Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to do a review on trip advisor. Your feedback is very important to us and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon. It was a pleasure serving your lodging needs.

Reviewed 14 February 2013

I did alot of research before my trip as well we always stop at the welcome center of the state we plan to stay in to get the hotel coupon books. We like a hotel with an indoor pool so the kids can unwind after the long drive. There was a coupon for this hotel for $63 or so per night and even though the coupon said an extra $20 charged on friday night they did not charge me more. So based on paying $63 this hotel is GREAT value. It was clean and freshly decorated. Though the lone hotel desk clerk seemed tired and bored and not overly welcoming - she was not unfriendly either. (actually over the course of the night there were two different girls and both gave me the same impression). So for $63 for a clean fresh room with a pool and free breakfast its great value and I would reccomend this hotel to travellers on a tight budget.

Now here is my negative points and why I will not stay there again. I dont know if our room was smaller than most because of the coupon but with 2 double beds it felt a bit cramped for us. 2 large adults and 2 kids sleeping was uncomfortable. (that may be partly to do with me nursing a bad cold). Normally I like the idea of the sink area outside the bathroom but this sink area is pretty much open to the whole room so if you have the light on at the sink you are pretty much disturbing the whole room. The bathroom is just a toilet and shower stall - which would be fine enough but it has a sliding door that was very difficult to slide and also the lock was broken. The free breakfast was the worst quality breakfast we have ever had at a hotel that offers free breakfast. Even still we all managed to find something to eat before hitting the road for the long drive home.

So all in all, its not my cup of tea - I prefer a bit more comfort and will pay extra for that - but this is a nice option on a budget!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2013

My husband and I stopped at the Sleep Inn off of I 95 on the way to Florida. We had stayed at this hotel 3 or 4 years ago on another trip down and found it to be a nice stop. This time we were very surprised to see that entire property had been beautifully renovated. Firstly, the front desk clerk was very nice. Great first impression! We stayed in a room with a king sized bed on the 3rd floor. The room was beautiful! Very clean and though it was supposed to be a smoking room, it did not smell like one at all. We arrived too late to use the pool, though the area did look very clean. The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was clean. In the morning, one woman was taking care of the lobby and the breakfast area, and a different one was behind the desk. We had a very pleasant conversation with the lady taking care of the lobby. The breakfast area was not as stocked as other Choice hotels, no hot food except for the waffles. The coffee was very good though. I would definitely recommend this hotel to future visitors. For added information, there is a Cracker Barrel restaurant adjacent to the hotel, and several other restaurants and fast food places nearby.

Room Tip: Stop at a visitors center and get a coupon book for an even better rate at this hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to do a review on trip advisor. Your feedback is very important to us. We hope to see you again soon. It was a pleasure serving your lodging needs.

Reviewed 19 December 2012

ecelent Place to stay. very friendley & also clean i paid 94.99+tax but it is worth it.
i was surpirse with the room. it is mordern decor with flat screen tv. i will stay agian on this sleepinn in the future when i traveld by i 95.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids
Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids
#1 of 8 in Roanoke Rapids
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Emporia

Been to Sleep Inn Roanoke Rapids? Share your experiences!