“Good Hotel ”

Sleep Inn Roanoke Rapids
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Roanoke Rapids
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Very clean and beds are very comfortable! I work in the hospitality industry so I was very shocked at the poor customer service. Front Desk appears as if they could care less about you being there. Would've given 5 stars if FD associates were more customer service driven.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Juandrell R
tejash p, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2014

Thank you for your review of our establishment. We appreciate our guest letting us know what they think. We do apologize for any unprofessional customer service that you may have had when you were visiting with us. Please feel free to email me at sleepinnofrrapids@gmail.com to let me know more details of the issue. It is our goal to make our guest have a pleasant and peaceful stay as much as possible. Thank you again for staying with us.

T.J. Patel
Manager

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Ok, so it's not supposed to be great. It is what it is and that is a stopover on a long trip, not a destination. The proper comparison is a similar hotel in a different location. We stayed in this hotel and another Sleep Inn in Smithfield NC. It was less expensive and more up to date. This hotel is in need of a rehab. However, it was clean. Not bad, but not great even for its market niche.

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT next to I 95.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Norman S
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Just needed a place to stay while traveling on 95. Clean, quiet and comfortable. Room smelled fresh and pleasing decor. Continental breakfast was fine with make your own waffles, cereal,fruit, yogurt,and assortment of danishes, bagels and beverages. Would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Sherry H
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself was comfy. The beds were average and the room was clean. However after a day I noticed the hotel had roaches. There were baby roaches often spotted, and one night there were a few of them in my bed!!! Totally UNACCEPTABLE!!!! My stay was decent aside from that. The staff was friendly, breakfast was basic. Save yourself a few extra dollars and stay across the parking lot at the Hampton Inn!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank TravelDiva0629
tejash p, General Manager at Sleep Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I was disappointed with my stay here, after taking a room at the Sleep Inn because the rates were quite a bit cheaper than the adjacent hotel across the parking lot. The staff was very friendly I will admit, but that was as far as it went for me. The lobby floors had a smell like they had been washed with a mop that was dirty, and had a bit of stickiness to them as a result. The rooms were small but okay, however I found quite a few hairs from prior guest(s) on my bed sheets which was sketchy. Also, the shower stall had a makeshift framed plastic door installed which wasn't close to being the right fit. I think they must have given up on the old shower curtains so they opted to slap on these poorly fitting doors. The breakfast was sub-par, typical cereal, and flavorless danish and bagels. I wouldn't stay here again, but it was a cheaper rate, so I guess that is what you get when you go for a "budget" room.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ebozz
Reviewed 22 December 2013

1st Time we stayed here about 3 months ago we found it to be a great deal. Clean, friendly staff etc... But the 2nd time we stayed here we were very disappointed. Had to switch out of the first room they gave us because it didn't have heat. The room they sent us too also had a problem with the heat and it wasn't cleaned 100%. Gonna try another Hotel here in Roanoke Rapids next time.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phil U
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This the third time I.ve stayed at the Sleep Inn in Roanoke Rapids. The place is very nice, clean, friendly.
The service is very good. Breakfast was good. They have a stall shower. This is our stop on the way to Myrtle Beach, SC

Room Tip: Pillows were okay. I always travel with my own pillow
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Muriel W
tejash p, General Manager at Sleep Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

thank you so much for doing a review on trip advisor. We appreciate for your wonderful comments about our hotel.it's always a pleasure hearing that we met and exceeded our guest expectations and hope we get the pleasure of serving your lodging needs again. It was such an honor to have you as our guest

Also consider these accommodations in or near Roanoke Rapids
Sleep Inn Emporia
Sleep Inn Emporia
#6 of 12 in Emporia
Baymont Inn & Suites Roanoke Rapids

Been to Sleep Inn Roanoke Rapids? Share your experiences!