“Great hotel little food nearby”

BEST WESTERN Roanoke Rapids Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Roanoke Rapids
“Great hotel little food nearby”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed at this facility a few weeks back. Great room, ice cold air, great bathroom - all restaurants are an exit either way on I-95. After driving for 12 hours I really didn't want reheated Sysco nor drive to another exit to eat.

Room Tip: I had an accessible room which was very spacious... and great value. Excellent wi-fi.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MaineCracker
belashah, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Roanoke Rapids Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 10 October 2014
Thank you very much for the comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stay a lot at different hotels on the east coast and I have never had the front desk clerks NOT speak to people when checking in. We had our daughters college graduation gathering there (Hilton Garden was already booked) and I will NEVER go back to this place for anything. I thought it was just me, but I had other family members complain about the same thing. Then to add to things, our key pad on our room stopped working and we had to switch rooms in the middle of our gathering (they couldn't replace it right then). One thing that was my fault was I forgot a pair of sandals in the room and they were nice enough to call me after we were already one hour away, so they asked if I wanted them to mail them to me...sure. Four days later I receive a COD package in mail for $24.40....wow, I only live two hours away, If I had known they were going to mail them PRIORITY at that price without letting me know, they could have kept the sandals. All I can say is if you are checking in, get ready for attitude!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rick W
belashah, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Roanoke Rapids Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay at Best Western. Since May, several changes have taken place with our staff and guest services. Nevertheless, we have taken your feedback into review and will be dealt with the upmost priority.

Travellers are raving about these Roanoke Rapids hotels

Holbrook, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Formally Holiday Inn Express. Travelling from south to north. Called ahead & made reservations to sleep overnight. Reasonably priced room. Clean & neat. Morning continental breakfast. Staff friendly .

Room Tip: ask for room near elevator & away from ice machine
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and your feedback. Please visit us again.
Toms River, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night on our way home. Room was clean but the air conditioner did not seem to work properly. It took a long time for it to turn on. Same with refrigerator. It was not getting cool before we went to bed but water turned to ice overnight. I agree with other reviews, breakfast was pretty bad. There was one girl working it and she was very nice, but frazzled. They ran out of white bread for toast, had no regular teabags, only decaf and the pancake machine did not work. I asked the girl about it, she tried pushing a few buttons, but then walked away. Bottom line, I would come again for an overnight stay, but not for a vacation.

Stayed April 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. Since April, our property has made significant changes within the staff, guest services, and new corporate affiliations. We encourage you to visit the newly enriched Best Western again and let us know about your experience. Nevertheless, we have taken your feedback into review and will have it dealt with the upmost priority.

Wesley Chapel, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Dirty rooms and bed pillows stained. Pulled out nightstand to find outlet and it looked as though no one ever cleaned that area. I am a female and felt I was staying at a truck stop hotel. Was not impressed with breakfast area. Too small and not able to accommodate all guests. I would not recommend if you are a stickler for cleanliness.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your feedback. Since April, numerous changes have taken place including the staff, guest services, along with new corporate affiliations. We encourage you to come visit Best Western again and let us know of your experience during your stay. Nevertheless, we have taken your feedback into review and will deal with it with the upmost priority.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

I was here visiting a friend who was in town on business. I was a bit skeptical when I saw the hotel was off the highway but when I got inside I was quickly put at ease. The room he had was very nice and comfortable. I enjoyed every second there. It was clean and very spacious. TV channels were great considering it is a hotel. I will definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and great feedback. Please visit us again. We have special promotion going on for Best Western Rewards member and not a member we can enroll you and get 15% off on our Best Available rate. Thank you again.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

The entire place smells like an ashtray. It's pretty gross (though the hotel it's self is not in bad shape). I woke up every morning with a cough and congestion from breathing in the stale smoke that seems to perpetually linger. Would not stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Roadyeti
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Roanoke Rapids Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Roadyeti,