Best Western Roanoke Rapids Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Roanoke Rapids
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The motel was alright from the outside and the check-in was smooth and courteous. However, the water pressure was low and the water turned orange for a time. The pool looked like something out of Bate's Motel when we arrived. The room was small and cramped, especially the bathroom. The worst thing was the professionalism of the cleaning staff. I had brought my two year old son back to the hotel for a peaceful nap, as we had spent most of the morning at Lake Gaston and need a quiet cool place. I had finally gotten my son to sleep when one of the maids came down the hall complaining loudly. To say the least my son woke up and the day went downhill from there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Richard W
belashah, General Manager at Best Western Roanoke Rapids Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear any inconvenience you may have experienced. We rest assure you your feedback has been taken into review and will be dealt with the upmost priority.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The hotel changed from the Holiday Inn Express to the Best Western and the quality remained the same. Clean and comfortable. Plush bed and new room furniture. Very friendly staff! Whether you receive a standard or suite room, you can't go wrong! Best Western staff.....please keep up the great work! We will be back! Thanks

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Alice S, Front Office Manager at Best Western Roanoke Rapids Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy to hear your enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon. Sincerely Alice Sayers Front Desk Manager, rzzst9@gmail.com or 252-536-2300

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed at this facility a few weeks back. Great room, ice cold air, great bathroom - all restaurants are an exit either way on I-95. After driving for 12 hours I really didn't want reheated Sysco nor drive to another exit to eat.

Room Tip: I had an accessible room which was very spacious... and great value. Excellent wi-fi.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MaineCracker
belashah, General Manager at Best Western Roanoke Rapids Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2014

Thank you very much for the comments.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stay a lot at different hotels on the east coast and I have never had the front desk clerks NOT speak to people when checking in. We had our daughters college graduation gathering there (Hilton Garden was already booked) and I will NEVER go back to this place for anything. I thought it was just me, but I had other family members complain about the same thing. Then to add to things, our key pad on our room stopped working and we had to switch rooms in the middle of our gathering (they couldn't replace it right then). One thing that was my fault was I forgot a pair of sandals in the room and they were nice enough to call me after we were already one hour away, so they asked if I wanted them to mail them to me...sure. Four days later I receive a COD package in mail for $24.40....wow, I only live two hours away, If I had known they were going to mail them PRIORITY at that price without letting me know, they could have kept the sandals. All I can say is if you are checking in, get ready for attitude!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rick W

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay at Best Western. Since May, several changes have taken place with our staff and guest services. Nevertheless, we have taken your feedback into review and will be dealt with the upmost priority.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Formally Holiday Inn Express. Travelling from south to north. Called ahead & made reservations to sleep overnight. Reasonably priced room. Clean & neat. Morning continental breakfast. Staff friendly .

Room Tip: ask for room near elevator & away from ice machine
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and your feedback. Please visit us again.

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night on our way home. Room was clean but the air conditioner did not seem to work properly. It took a long time for it to turn on. Same with refrigerator. It was not getting cool before we went to bed but water turned to ice overnight. I agree with other reviews, breakfast was pretty bad. There was one girl working it and she was very nice, but frazzled. They ran out of white bread for toast, had no regular teabags, only decaf and the pancake machine did not work. I asked the girl about it, she tried pushing a few buttons, but then walked away. Bottom line, I would come again for an overnight stay, but not for a vacation.

Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. Since April, our property has made significant changes within the staff, guest services, and new corporate affiliations. We encourage you to visit the newly enriched Best Western again and let us know about your experience. Nevertheless, we have taken your feedback into review and will have it dealt with the upmost priority.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Dirty rooms and bed pillows stained. Pulled out nightstand to find outlet and it looked as though no one ever cleaned that area. I am a female and felt I was staying at a truck stop hotel. Was not impressed with breakfast area. Too small and not able to accommodate all guests. I would not recommend if you are a stickler for cleanliness.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback. Since April, numerous changes have taken place including the staff, guest services, along with new corporate affiliations. We encourage you to come visit Best Western again and let us know of your experience during your stay. Nevertheless, we have taken your feedback into review and will deal with it with the upmost priority.