“Felt like I was at home warm feel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Phillips Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Robbinsville
Phillips Motel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Robbinsville
“Felt like I was at home warm feel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

On a whelm Labor day weekend I called for a room so I could ride the Dragon came by myself and as a lady felt very safe. Miss Reba (who turned 80 this weekend) treated me like one of her own children. I can not thank her enough loved the location and my bed slept better than any select comfort. The rooms are older but Miss Rebas family has owned this motel since the 30s. It gives you a route feel. Covered shelter for motorcycles and walking distance to two good local restaurants. Miss Reba and family live on site. She even provides towels for cleaning your bikes. I was even asked if I wanted to have breakfast with her and two of her regulars. I can not wait to stay with Miss Reba again. Most tenants gather out front at the fire pit and talk after a long day of riding. Wonderful atmosphere. I have read the negative comments about the rooms if you are a real rider you won't use the room for anything but sleep! At $40 for a standard room you cant beat the price. Hope to see you soon Miss Reba!

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Central Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

Found this motel off the Main Street and thought we'd try it. Office is in nice, older home and elderly lady waited on me. Room #8 was comfortable, clean, and aged, but clean. Not your chain motel but beds were good and we slept well.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Greenfrogtrike
Bedford, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

My uncle and I needed a place to stay will motorcycling in the area. Based on other recommendation we stayed at the Phillips Motel. I was not disappointed. It is older, quaint motor lodge. The furniture didn't necessarily match but the rooms were clean. The plumbing recently upgraded. Everything worked. The bed was very comfortable. And it was quiet. The staff was very friendly. A nice restaurant was next door. I especially like sitting around the nice patio out front in the evening. Met a couple of other motorcycle riders and swapped stories. Very relaxing way to end the day. Will stay there again next year.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Eric M
Zephyrhills, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

This place was wonderful,super clean,very small,old fashion motel. A bit odd checking in,it was kinda like a bank drive up window ,wierd,but it was only $50 for the nite and there was a shelter for my bike.the best thing about the room was it had a recliner and a fridge.the grounds were beautiful and i was able to enjoy a picnic dinner until the sky opened up.i would recommend. This place to anybody but don't expect any frills just a little bit of Americana

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank ringwing
Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

I was Offered a queen room for $55 or double for $40. I was by myself so I took the double. I didn't know those rooms were down a side street behind the cute units. I was shocked when I walked in. It looked from the 60s-70s and not in a good way. The ac unit was run from a small extension cord,fire hazard, it had the old 2 prong plugs that my phone charger kept falling out of. The furniture and mattress was old, the sheets had what looked like grease stains, the tv was fuzzy on all channels. Maybe because the cable wire was Hung around the top of the ceiling. The smoke detector looked to be 20 yrs old and the room smelled of cigarette smoke, probably because their was an ash tray in the room. To top it all off it had the tiniest bathroom I've ever seen. Now that I'm done ranting lets talk about the positives. It was $40 and I didn't get murdered in my sleep( just kidding, it wasn't that bad...). And they had a vacancy and every other hotel I called was booked up. I would not recommend staying in the cheap room. I can't speak for the other ones.

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank rebus20
Champaign, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

Many other reviews cover the territory very nicely, a bit short on amenities and coordinated décor but long on local flavor and character. My room was clean and comfortable with a microwave and a minifridge (in need of a good defrosting), plenty of hot water in the shower, a comfortable be, etc. with a rate of $55 that can't be beat.

Clients staying at the motel were friendly and from all over the country w/ a mix of first-time visitors and many repeat visitors.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Mid-Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012

Most reviews pretty much sum up the Phillips Motel. I had one of the small rooms on the street behind the main part of the motel. The room was furnished with mis-matched furniture and lamps from many era's. Just a collection of pieces put together by a blind person. TV was a small old tube type that worked fine. Micro & fridge also in room. Bathroom was small but served it's purpose. Heater worked well during the cool night. Overall the room was clean & tidy. Price was right. $40 + tax. You can hardly camp for that price. I would rather stay in a place like this than your standard cookie cutter motels that fill the landscape of freeway exits in our country. This place has it's own unique character that's missing in chain motels. Maybe it's the throwback to travel time with my parents and staying in the old roadside motels in the 50's & 60's. Maybe it's because I want to rest and don't care about what kind of marble the sink in the bathroom is made off. It doesn't matter when the rest is comfortable. You will find comfort here.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank SBurnsey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Robbinsville
Historic Tapoco Lodge Resort
#6 of 12 in Robbinsville
Lakeview at Fontana
Lakeview at Fontana
#2 of 10 in Bryson City

Been to Phillips Motel? Share your experiences!