“Great place to stay when traveling in the area”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Robbinsville
Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This place is a great place to stay when you are traveling in the area. I have stayed here multiple times and keep going back. It is located in one of the best areas for riding, the Blue Ridge Parkway, Foothills Parkway, Smokey Mountain National Park, Hwy 28 and 129 are all in the surrounding area.
The rooms are clean and well kept, with plenty of clean linens and comfortable bed. Like the other review said there are no tv's in the rooms, but there is a huge TV and computer in the main lodge. The wifi works well in the cabin and main lodge, and I have been able to get a signal anywhere on the grounds.
There is a restaurant on the grounds, but they only serve on weekends or when there are enough people staying at the lodge. However they do offer breakfast daily, no matter how many people are staying there. This is a bit of an inconvenience but nothing that would detract from the overall experience if you are prepared.
There is plenty of covered parking for your bike at night, and they have a fire pit that they use nightly. This is a great area to sit and talk and meet other riders. All in all a great place to stay when in the area, nice and quiet, with plenty of room to walk around and meet others. Far better than your standard hotel in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Ski8212

Reviewed 10 July 2013

We were expecting to stay week here but left after the first night. Accommodations were very clean but scares to me. We rented a cabin it had no TV, you could only get internet in the main lodge. The room didn't even have a chair so I could put my boots on, our room had a bed only. I also expected to eat there at the advertised restaurant, they told us the restaurant would only open if enough people checked in. Then they just served frozen food from their freezer. I think you don't get much for $100 a night a place to sleep NOT WORTH THE MONEY

From Louisiana

Room Tip: Pick another location unless your just looking to sleep and nothing else, you can all ways sitt on t...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank rpendl7165
Reviewed 25 June 2013

There's only 1 negative about this place, so let's get it out of the way. What ever time you have to spend, it's not going to be long enough.
When reflecting back on my stay, the first thing that comes to mind is the people. Every person there, sincerely enjoys being there and doing what they do. From the owners, to the cooks, always had a great smile and friendly personality. They will go way out of their way to ensure that your needs are taken care of. Example: They stop serving homemade desserts at 9pm(yeah, you just don't know how good they are), and one of the ladies from the kitchen was cleaning up in the dining area, and I was checking my email, on their free Wi-Fi, and I made the comment how disappointed I was about missing one of those delicious desserts. She stopped what she was doing, asked me which one of those yummy things that I wanted. Reluctantly and still not believing she was actually smiling and excited about doing it, I told her. In just a few minutes, she brought me a huge homemade brownie, covered with ice cream, strawberries, whip cream, and a cherry on top. This is just one example of how they will go above and beyond call of duty to ensure their guests are happy.
The semi- private room concerned me at first. However, the room is very private, you just share a bathroom with the room across the foyer.
I travel for work about 225 days a year, and I can tell you that this is one of my favorite spots. Couldn't have anything to do with that I wasn't working, and it's an exclusively motorcycle enthusiast location.
This will a regular getaway for me. Not just for the Dragon, but for the entire area & experience.
The entire property is pristinely kept.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Glenn H
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We traveled with a large group and rented the Hog Hideaway Cabin. The Lodge is great, the cabin was completely awesome and included a garage that we parked all 12 bikes in easily. The meals offered at the Lodge were fairly basic but cheap and excellent food. The location of the resort is perfect for being central to all the great rides in the area.

At the end of our week we asked all 13 members of our group what could ahve been better and the only thing the could come up with was better internet service, which the owners stated they were working on. Really truly I can't think of a better choice for a biker vacation.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Doug E
Reviewed 6 May 2013

All the private rooms were booked and I was little apprehensive about a semi-private room (sharing a bathroom with previously unknown bikers) But WOW what an awesome place!!!

Rather than a Jack/Jill type bathroom, the rooms were totally private with a surprising modern, clean & large bath off a common foyer. Each room had it's own set of large, fluffy towels. The shower had a shampoo/conditioner/body wash dispenser. The bathroom had TWO hair dryers a heater and even a spray can of room deodorizer - they literally thought of everything !

Add to that Ice chests/coolers available for guest use, covered parking for motorcycles, chairs on the cabin porch/deck, rockers on the lodge deck all topped off by EXCELLENT, friendly service and fun fellow guests. I look forward to staying here again.

So why not a 5 rating you might ask. Only "minor" reasons. Although I hear the Prime Rib on Sat. is excellent we stayed over a Friday night. My BBQ (pulled pork) was avg., my bf didn't care for the chicken and the sides were bland - not a complaint per se, the generous servings filled us up for a reasonable price. Again breakfast was generous, but bland & we got cubed fried potatoes, not hashbrowns like I think of hashbrowns - perhaps it's a regional difference in terminology. Also, the convenience store had only carbonated drinks & water, maybe powerade too, I don't recall. I really wanted lemonade or juice, I've never seen a Coca-Cola fridge full of coke products without Minute Maid lemonade or other flavors, so that was a disappointment for me.

Not meant to be a negative toward the venue or owners, but something I will be more aware of in the future is to ask if they have a special event planned. They were hosting a wedding the weekend we stayed, thus many (most?) of the other guests were already family & friends, and they "took over" the fire pit so to speak. Remember I started this review saying "....previously unknown bikers". Our "bath-room-mate" was pleasant company on the porch and we made a point to have dinner & breakfast at tables with solo dinners, so we met some nice folks from all across the country. However, I noticed at the fire pit some solo bikers, as well as my bf and I were scattered about the outer edges of the fire circle, effectively observing a private party. Whereas if not for the wedding, I believe all "equal strangers" probably would have gathered closer in and enjoyed some biker camaraderie.

Ironically, it's akin to the "give an inch and they take a foot" phenomena, since the meals, store & fire pit are more than is offered at many other lodges, it's almost unfair of me to use them as reason for less than excellent rating. However, since it was built up such that I expected "bonuses", just more variety of beverage choices (for purchase) and socializing at the fire, could have put it "over the top" for me.

Note it is located in a 'dry county', so if you wish to imbibe - BYOB or plan to make a run to the next county.

Room Tip: I really appreciated being creekside, seeing the main lodge, the fire & camping areas. I appreci...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MsJlg
Reviewed 6 January 2013

The Iron Horse is a facility that caters to the motoring lifestyle. There are many options to choose from. For those that enjoy the primative campsites to those like my wife and I that prefer a private room with your own bathroom attached. The owner and staff go out of their was to make sure you have a great stay. Nightly the bonfire is lit and there are plenty of old biker stories being swapped. In the morning there was a fog that encompassed the area (thats why it's the Smoky Mountains) and after it lifted the bikes would start rolling out. Maybe a ride to the Smokey Mountain National Park, Tail of the Dragon or pehaps the many other day trips that are available. There is no bad riding in this area.

Room Tip: Everything from primative camping to private suites. For groups there are bunkhouses and rental hous...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike M
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We were first-time motorcycle campers, and this was the perfect place to try it out! Great spots, hot food at the lodge, clean bathrooms, fun staff. It was a little hard to find the place, but it's a mountain resort so that was expected.

The food was surprisingly good, the owners were friendly and accomodating. Location was close to great riding. I was also pleastantly surprised at the feel of the place... being surrounded by bikers you never know what to expect...and the laid-back, relaxed atmosphere was fun! Not loud or obnoxious, just fun.

We were tent campers, so I can't really speak to the cabins/bunk houses.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple