“If you are going to ride the dragon or just going camping, this is the place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Robbinsville
Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge
Bush, Louisiana
Reviewed 12 October 2013

It's 24 miles roughly from iron horse to the deals gap dragons tail. And im really torn on which ride I enjoyed more...... the dragon or the ride to the dragon from iron horse. As far as the camp ground goes it was first rate all the way at prices so cheap it was hard to believe. Extremely accommodating stafr. The food was excellent and also and extremely reasonable prices. The camp ground was just beautiful and very well maintained and clean. The bathrooms ans showers could not have been any cleaner. They were spotless during my entire stay. The showers were super hot as well. This was my first visit and Ill definitely be back again and again. Also had covered parking for your motorcycle or you could just pull up next to your tent or cabin. We drove 14 hours from south Louisiana to get there and it was more than worth the trip.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Stephens9618

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Southern, NJ
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is a MotorCycler's dream place to stay! Close to excellent riding, excellent accommodations, excellent food, excellent service, EXCELLENT STAFF (Owners on premises) …..Did I Mention this place is excellent?!? This place is for riders by riders…so they know! See you in 2014 :-)
The Mild Posse from New Jersey
The Prez
The Angry Smurf
Dweeb
Grape Ape
Ryder
Jack

Room Tip: We'll let you next time
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Allan W
Marinette, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This lodge pictured is great! There was 10 of us that stayed there 5 1/2 days, all the luxuries you needed for a vacation! Washer, dryer, grill, everything you would just have to have. Our week was a rainy one but it was beautiful to be able to sit on the covered deck, drink coffee, beer whatever and watch the smoke from the mountains rise up to meet the clouds. Even though it was such a wet week we got in lots of riding and the cantina at this "campground" was awesome! Provided us with internet access, HUGE big screen TV, games, a place to party and mingle other than up at the cabin. Definitely worth the money! Owners were very nice and accommodating, would absolutely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Nancy D
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Had a great 3 day stay here whilst motorcycling in the area.The lodge has excellent faciliies including cabins, camping, dining, laundry and RV's. Food was excellent, staff were very helpful and pricing was reasonable. Fire pit is central for evening discussions on days riding - with the Tail of the Dragon, Moonshiner 28, Cherohala Skyway, Smokey Mountains and Blue Ridge Parkway all within the area (not to mention northern Georgia, southern East Tennessee) this must be one of the premier motorcycling locations in the whole of the States.
I came to this are to ride and talk, therefore lack of TV was a non issue - a centralised PC is available for internet and wifi is available on site.
I came as an individual but it didn't take long to be chatting bikes and bits with all the guys, gals and groups from different parts of the States, great place I loved it!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Bobbathfan
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This place is a great place to stay when you are traveling in the area. I have stayed here multiple times and keep going back. It is located in one of the best areas for riding, the Blue Ridge Parkway, Foothills Parkway, Smokey Mountain National Park, Hwy 28 and 129 are all in the surrounding area.
The rooms are clean and well kept, with plenty of clean linens and comfortable bed. Like the other review said there are no tv's in the rooms, but there is a huge TV and computer in the main lodge. The wifi works well in the cabin and main lodge, and I have been able to get a signal anywhere on the grounds.
There is a restaurant on the grounds, but they only serve on weekends or when there are enough people staying at the lodge. However they do offer breakfast daily, no matter how many people are staying there. This is a bit of an inconvenience but nothing that would detract from the overall experience if you are prepared.
There is plenty of covered parking for your bike at night, and they have a fire pit that they use nightly. This is a great area to sit and talk and meet other riders. All in all a great place to stay when in the area, nice and quiet, with plenty of room to walk around and meet others. Far better than your standard hotel in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Ski8212
sldell, la
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We were expecting to stay week here but left after the first night. Accommodations were very clean but scares to me. We rented a cabin it had no TV, you could only get internet in the main lodge. The room didn't even have a chair so I could put my boots on, our room had a bed only. I also expected to eat there at the advertised restaurant, they told us the restaurant would only open if enough people checked in. Then they just served frozen food from their freezer. I think you don't get much for $100 a night a place to sleep NOT WORTH THE MONEY

From Louisiana

Room Tip: Pick another location unless your just looking to sleep and nothing else, you can all ways sitt on t...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank rpendl7165
Lookout Mountain, Georgia
Reviewed 25 June 2013

There's only 1 negative about this place, so let's get it out of the way. What ever time you have to spend, it's not going to be long enough.
When reflecting back on my stay, the first thing that comes to mind is the people. Every person there, sincerely enjoys being there and doing what they do. From the owners, to the cooks, always had a great smile and friendly personality. They will go way out of their way to ensure that your needs are taken care of. Example: They stop serving homemade desserts at 9pm(yeah, you just don't know how good they are), and one of the ladies from the kitchen was cleaning up in the dining area, and I was checking my email, on their free Wi-Fi, and I made the comment how disappointed I was about missing one of those delicious desserts. She stopped what she was doing, asked me which one of those yummy things that I wanted. Reluctantly and still not believing she was actually smiling and excited about doing it, I told her. In just a few minutes, she brought me a huge homemade brownie, covered with ice cream, strawberries, whip cream, and a cherry on top. This is just one example of how they will go above and beyond call of duty to ensure their guests are happy.
The semi- private room concerned me at first. However, the room is very private, you just share a bathroom with the room across the foyer.
I travel for work about 225 days a year, and I can tell you that this is one of my favorite spots. Couldn't have anything to do with that I wasn't working, and it's an exclusively motorcycle enthusiast location.
This will a regular getaway for me. Not just for the Dragon, but for the entire area & experience.
The entire property is pristinely kept.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Glenn H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Robbinsville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Robbinsville
#8 of 10 in Townsend
Townsend Gateway Inn
Townsend Gateway Inn
#2 of 10 in Townsend

Been to Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge? Share your experiences!