“Top notch motorcycle Lodge” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Robbinsville
Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Top notch motorcycle Lodge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

You can't find a better place to stay and eat while traveling around Western North Carolina when trying to tame the Dragon and the Cherohala Skyway on your motorcycle. I have been staying and eating here for 9 years now and on Saturday nights they serve prime rib and I can tell you that their steak rivals any 5-star Steak house! Tonight they had fried chicken and it was awesome. John and Charlene are excellent hosts and run a top-notch place. Sorry guys, this place is for motorcycles only. I highly suggest Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge for your next bike trip to the area. Check them out at www.ironhorsenc.com

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Brett S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Union, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

This was out first time at the Iron Horse resort. Great setting, all types of accommodations for your taste. We stayed in the larger cabins with a great view. Our group was 15 people and ten bikes. The resort caters to riders and understands what we need after a long day of riding. They have an on site restaurant for breakfast and dinners, and a store so you can pick up another T shirt, etc. We were very impressed and had a great week in the mountains and at our resort. Cabin was clean and had everything we needed. Excellent staff!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Established by Bikers, for Bikers. The owners know just how to cater to other enthusiast, in a beautiful location. The Lodge served as our home base for 5 nights/5 days. After a home cooked breakfast each morning we rode out to explore the scenic routes and surrounding communities, then returned each evening to relax in the lush, green mountain setting. Our private cabin (and bath) was very comfortable and well maintained. We liked all the meals, enjoyed the nightly fire by the babbling brook as well as the quiet, peaceful ambience. The staff were all very friendly and eager to make us feel at home. We'll be returning!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laurie J
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

What a brilliant place to stay. Quietly sitting in the woods, Highly recommended by our Texan tour guides who had been there before. We (15 of us) used this site with its very comfortable cabins, as a base for several day rides, including The Tail Of The Dragon, and Blue Ridge Parkway. Very friendly staff who even supplied dvds for us to watch after dinner!

Room Tip: Any of the cabins would suit you.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
North Andover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

This was my first trip to the Dragon from the Northeast.

My girlfriend, riding tandem, is relatively new to motorcycle touring, but I convinced her to go on this trip. When we were arriving at the Iron Horse, my GPS took us in the back way in and it looked like we were heading to a country farm back yard. Not being a camper, she was skeptical to say the least! Upon arrival however, all of her fears melted away. The staff and the greeting was southern friendly. The buildings and the grounds were immaculate and welcoming. We stayed in a cabin and the room and bathrooms could not have been nicer or cleaner. The clubhouse had multiple large screen TV rooms complete with comfortable furniture which would be a great place to host a group. The best of all however, was a fire pit in back of the clubhouse with many seats and rocking chairs on the deck. Each night we "Hung out” at the fire and made many new friends. The clientele is upscale cyclists who enjoy a good ride and living a good life. We had a great time. Meals are setup to order and serve on an individual basis so when with a group, there is no hassling with splitting the check, when to eat, etc. Totally relaxing. On item to note however, it is a dry county! BYOB is welcomed (and encouraged).

BTW, I travel a lot, and I have never written a review before. I was compelled. This place is that good!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jeff G
Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I clicked the one terrible review ... clearly the guy missed the point of this place.

If you are a motorcyclist or traveling camper, this is a great stop. The Iron Horse website discusses the variety of accommodations from RV hookups, to tents, to cabins and what they offer clearly.

All three visits ... 2008, 2010 and May of 2014, I've chosen a cabin ... two beds, no TV and shared bathroom.

The cabins are at the base of a mountain with a little stream running through the location. It's tranquil, relaxing and provides an environment for mingling with others and sharing stories of the road.

I stay in Marriotts, Hyatts & Starwoods all the time with wifi, bars & restaurants and people with their head buried in their phones.

What draws me here? ... it is not the above. This is my motorcycle get-a-way and the Iron Horse delivers the experience I'm looking for.

I'll stay here again as soon as I can get time off!

Room Tip: Dry county ... get a six pack or bottle of your favorite drink before arriving.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank James S
Satsuma, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

This was my first time to stay at the Iron Horse. We tent camped for 4 nights. My riding partners have stayed there several times before so I was expecting it to be nice like they had told me but I was really amazed at how well the lodge and grounds are maintained. John, Charlene and all of their staff go out of their way to be friendly and make sure you enjoy your stay. Our first night there we took a ride to Bryson City to get a bite to eat and one of our riders had a blowout on his back tire. We called every tow service we could find on google, no one would come help. So we called the lodge to see if they had any suggestions. The Lodge owner John hooked a trailer to his truck and came out and picked the bike up for us, on top of that he told us to use his truck the next day to haul it to Wheelers for repair!! How many lodge owners do that!!?? They do so many special little thing to make you stay pleasant. The bath houses are super clean and have towels, shampoo, conditioner and soap dispensers. The laundry room even had washing powder provided!! Having all that stuff already available make it so nice if you're traveling there on your bikes like we did. I packed way more stuff than I needed. Next year I'll be packing lite and won't be worried about taking so much with me to camp. If you are going to the mountains to ride, do yourself a favor and stay at the Iron Horse, you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: If tent camping ask for on of the pea gravel tent pads if rain is expected. We got rained on and th...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank weavejo1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Robbinsville
Historic Tapoco Lodge Resort
BEST WESTERN PLUS River Escape Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Cherokee
Hampton Inn Cherokee
#3 of 28 in Cherokee

Been to Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge? Share your experiences!