“a Jewel in the mountains”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Robbinsville
Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Definitely more comfortable than some other accommodations in the area. Beautiful grounds, helpful staff and delicious food. Considering the alternative of a several mile twisty turny ride to get dinner, eating at the lodge was reasonably priced and convenient. Camping was quiet but somewhat cramped.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We have stayed several times at Iron Horse and will continue to return. The owners are on-site and this makes such a difference. The rooms are spotless, the food good, and the energy just great! These folks ride and you can see they appreciate what is needed. I am baffled by a previous review about a bunkhouse stay. I've not stayed in one but I can assure you, after reading a recent poor review about a bunkhouse, that the photo shown is not of anything on the property. I made a point of looking, as I was curious. I would say if you have questions to call and make sure you know what you are booking, as there are big differences in what they have available, although each is great depending on your needs.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pattyjo98
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We camped here for a week, and it couldn't have been better. A well-run business is a pleasure to deal with -- seemed like these guys had thought of everything. Centrally located in the midst of great street AND dirt motorcycle roads. The setup fosters easy conversation with other guests, which was an added benefit I had not considered. Shower and bathroom always sparkly clean. Food was great, and though some might not like the non-spontaneity of having to order meals in advance, it makes a lot of sense. The price to do laundry included soap -- clever. Only caveat I can think of is that we did not stay on a weekend night, so evenings were peaceful and quiet; not sure if things get loud on Saturday nights.

Room Tip: Gravel pads might be best for tents -- we had a lot of rain, and had to move our tent once (on the g...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed in the Lodge. Attention to detail was high and the place was clean. it impressed my wife who runs a hotel, always a plus. The environment was great and the staff was Accommodating.

Highly recommended.

We also were part of a group and the Iron Horse variable lodging was just what was needed. Some of our group wanted to camp, others wanted to share a house.. It just worked great.. for a group the Iron Horse staff was very accomodating and made everyone feel comfortable.

The only negative was the food. Unless you're a fan of Institutionalized style food. I'd recommend eating elsewhere. If you're just looking for filling up after a day riding, They do a good job.. But I guess we were hoping/looking for more on our Vacation..

Overall the place was great and we would be happy to go back again..

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I've just returned from my fourth visit to the Ironhorse since 2009. Previously I've always camped; this year though my stay was in a creek-view cabin with a lovely verandah and chairs to enjoy the view.
The main bathrooms when camping are always clean and well maintained and each shower is stocked with shampoo, conditioner and bodywash. There is even a hair-dryer in the ladies bathrooms with lots of mirror space for those that wish to pamper themselves after a day on the bike.
The shared cabin bathrooms are stocked similarly. The beds in the cabins are comfortable and the cabins are also air-conditioned if the weather turns balmy. The furniture is functional with a shelving unit that is handy for helmets and similar, as well as a hanging area for jackets. There are also several power outlets in the rooms for charging phones etc. On the property more generally there is also a laundry; the shop; the lodge with TVs, pool tables, kitchen, dining tables and chairs. The front verandah gives an undercover asphalt parking area for the bikes. There is another undercover area for the bikes on the other side off the creek, though with a gravel surface. Then there is the magnificent rear verandah of the lodge with its rocking chairs and the nearby communal fireplace.
This year's trip was to meet up with a group of friends and this communal area was perfect for catching up and relaxing together over a few drinks in the evenings. In past visits this area, especially around the campfire, has been great for meeting other riders from around the world that share the biking bug.
I will be back to the Ironhorse in the future, and will continue to recommend it to any riders planning on visiting the Smokeys and the Dragon.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tracey H
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Having done now three annual group rides/meet ups, we have stayed at some places that seemed similar on paper, so I was not expecting much. Man was I shocked. Rooms were very nice, campers were well accommodated, the communal fire made for a great end of day meeting space. The food was good and plentiful. It was nice to not have to go out or cook if we wanted to stay in. The staff was top notch. We had been planning this get together and coordinating this with people from all over the US, Canada, and even Australia and it went off without a hitch. I'd go back here in a heartbeat.

1  Thank Brad W
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Met with a group of bikes from different parts of the country to ride. This was our "home base". We stayed in a semi private room (shared bathroom). The unit was very very clean. Not extravagant, but we were there to ride, not hang out in the room. Evenings were spent on the porch in rockers or by the fire telling lies and sharing drinks. It was a very pleasant stay and I will most definitely be staying there again.

1  Thank Joe S