“Been several times over the years, always excellent!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Robbinsville
Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
“Been several times over the years, always excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Just a great motorcycle centric lodge and campground. I've camped there mostly but my last visit was in a shared cabin. The camping restrooms have always impressed me as first rate for campgrounds. The overall grounds are just great and inviting. Always have a positive experience.

The community camp fire is always a great way to spend the evenings talking with fellow motorcyclist. The food is fair and needs to be pre-ordered. Not a huge deal, just set your expectations appropriately. Great friendly staff and owners.

Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I've been visiting Iron Horse since the first year they were open, and I'll be back again in September for the Horizons Unlimited Travelers Meeting. John and Charlene provide the closest thing to motorcycle nirvana at a reasonable price you could imagine. It seems every time I return, they've added new features. Last time, it was the covered motorcycle parking; what will it be this year?

I've both camped and rented semi-private cabin space, and both were very nice. The buildings are beautifully designed and built. The food is terrific, especially the prime rib they do on Saturday nights, and the desserts are wicked. The camp store has most everything you'd need, and the staff is always friendly and helpful.

The first time I saw Iron Horse, I thought it was the kind of place I'd like to live. That opinion hasn't changed over the last 10+ years.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Stephen A
Norton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed at Rocky Top and it was fantastic. Cabin was large and inviting with a large kitchen and living room. It was in pristine condition and equipped with everything you could need. The owners and staff were welcoming and extremely helpful. Can't wait to go again.

Room Tip: Wifi free in dining lodge.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Definitely more comfortable than some other accommodations in the area. Beautiful grounds, helpful staff and delicious food. Considering the alternative of a several mile twisty turny ride to get dinner, eating at the lodge was reasonably priced and convenient. Camping was quiet but somewhat cramped.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
Las Vegas, NV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We have stayed several times at Iron Horse and will continue to return. The owners are on-site and this makes such a difference. The rooms are spotless, the food good, and the energy just great! These folks ride and you can see they appreciate what is needed. I am baffled by a previous review about a bunkhouse stay. I've not stayed in one but I can assure you, after reading a recent poor review about a bunkhouse, that the photo shown is not of anything on the property. I made a point of looking, as I was curious. I would say if you have questions to call and make sure you know what you are booking, as there are big differences in what they have available, although each is great depending on your needs.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
2 Thank Pattyjo98
Bushnell, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We camped here for a week, and it couldn't have been better. A well-run business is a pleasure to deal with -- seemed like these guys had thought of everything. Centrally located in the midst of great street AND dirt motorcycle roads. The setup fosters easy conversation with other guests, which was an added benefit I had not considered. Shower and bathroom always sparkly clean. Food was great, and though some might not like the non-spontaneity of having to order meals in advance, it makes a lot of sense. The price to do laundry included soap -- clever. Only caveat I can think of is that we did not stay on a weekend night, so evenings were peaceful and quiet; not sure if things get loud on Saturday nights.

Room Tip: Gravel pads might be best for tents -- we had a lot of rain, and had to move our tent once (on the g...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Lexington Park, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed in the Lodge. Attention to detail was high and the place was clean. it impressed my wife who runs a hotel, always a plus. The environment was great and the staff was Accommodating.

Highly recommended.

We also were part of a group and the Iron Horse variable lodging was just what was needed. Some of our group wanted to camp, others wanted to share a house.. It just worked great.. for a group the Iron Horse staff was very accomodating and made everyone feel comfortable.

The only negative was the food. Unless you're a fan of Institutionalized style food. I'd recommend eating elsewhere. If you're just looking for filling up after a day riding, They do a good job.. But I guess we were hoping/looking for more on our Vacation..

Overall the place was great and we would be happy to go back again..

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Robbinsville
Historic Tapoco Lodge Resort
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bryson City
Nantahala Village
Nantahala Village
#4 of 21 in Bryson City

Been to Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge? Share your experiences!